talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Adi Hütter To Become Gladbach Manager

football forum

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed surprised by the timing of the announcement, it's unsure whether BVB qualify for next season's CL and a genuine possibility that Gladbach might qualify for European football while Dortmund might miss out.   Hoped Rose would stay with Gladbach for longer and was keen to see how good they would became under his helm.:( Wish him all the best for the future. Also will be interesting to learn whom they appoint as his successor.

• Subscriber

Very unprincipled and spineless, in my opinion. Could just leave in the summer once the offer is there, but to announce it now, still pretty much in the middle of the season with the team challenging for European spots, just makes a very poor impression. 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Very unprincipled and spineless, in my opinion. Could just leave in the summer once the offer is there, but to announce it now, still pretty much in the middle of the season with the team challenging for European spots, just makes a very poor impression. 

I have the impression that this kind of thing happens quite often in Germany, usually Bayern announcing the transfer of a player from a rival months before the end of the season. Maybe I'm mistaken and it doesn't happen more in Germany than any other country? But yeah, it's not cool. People should wait until the end of the season and respect the club they have a contract with. 

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

I have the impression that this kind of thing happens quite often in Germany, usually Bayern announcing the transfer of a player from a rival months before the end of the season. Maybe I'm mistaken and it doesn't happen more in Germany than any other country? But yeah, it's not cool. People should wait until the end of the season and respect the club they have a contract with. 

I don't know if it happens more in Germany than any other country, don't have that impression personally, but then I barely follow football in other countries these days... Either way, I think it's much, much worse when it's a manager; players come and go, and each of them - regardless of their qualities - is just a part of the unit; but you'd at least expect some stability and continuation when it comes to the person chosen to lead them 🤷🏻

40 minutes ago, nudge said:

I think it helps Glabach in some ways though. It gives Eberl plenty of time to find a replacement, which is important. And it also puts an end to the speculations, which can be good for Rose and the squad.

Still, very sad for Gladbach to have to let him go. I hope they will steady the ship regardless.

12 minutes ago, Relling said:

I think it helps Glabach in some ways though. It gives Eberl plenty of time to find a replacement, which is important. And it also puts an end to the speculations, which can be good for Rose and the squad.

Still, very sad for Gladbach to have to let him go. I hope they will steady the ship regardless.

Don't know, he could have told them without making it public, in my opinion.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Relling said:

4 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

^ This. 

This. Could simply have made his intentions clear to the board privately and have something like "gentleman's agreement", allowing him to leave in the summer, and the club would still have had plenty of time to find a replacement. 

33 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

If something like that is possible in today's media landscape, I agree. The players should not concern themselves which such matters anyway.

From what I've read on it the concern was that he was going to be pestered incessantly for the rest of the season about his future.  Better to just get it out in the open and focus on the rest of the season.  To an extent I agree with that.  Even if he would have told the players and BMG management it would've leaked eventually.  And the media will never drop anything.  No doubt rumors would persist and he'd spend every press conference talking about it instead of the game ahead.

It's going to be interesting to see who Gladbach choose as a replacement. Apparently there are four candidates: Jesse Marsch (Red Bull Salzburg), Erik ten Hag (Ajax), Gerardo Seoane (YB Bern) and Florian Kohfeldt (Bremen). 

• Subscriber

They should go for Jesse Marsch. He replaced Rose at Salzburg successfully after he left, and continued with pretty much the same playing style and philosophy, so I think it would be also a very good choice for Gladbach in order to build on the current foundations instead of starting anew. 

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Coma said:

Was reading yesterday that Kohfeldt rumors were untrue.  How long has he been at Bremen and are the Bremen folk happy with him?  ten Hag and Marsch are good shouts though.

Over three years now, mixed feelings, and I'd say there's no consensus among Werder fans. Personally, I think he'd do well with a squad that fits his ideas.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

So, since this was announced they've lost six matches in a row...

Reminds of 15/16 season when Man City announced in February that Pellegrini was going to leave at the end of the season and only ended up winning about 4 or 5 more league games. Pretty much ended their title challenge.

On 18/02/2021 at 10:17, Tommy said:

It's going to be interesting to see who Gladbach choose as a replacement. Apparently there are four candidates: Jesse Marsch (Red Bull Salzburg), Erik ten Hag (Ajax), Gerardo Seoane (YB Bern) and Florian Kohfeldt (Bremen). 

My choice would be Erik ten Haag. I like his footballing philosophy and he has proven more as a manager to me than the rest of the candidates. He made his name as a manager at Utrecht, where he lead the club to an impressive 5th place in his 1st season and then an improved 4th place in his 2nd season at the club. He then joined Ajax and basically turned them into the undisputed best side in Holland once again. He signed for the club half way through the 2017/18 season when Ajax weren't doing well. He managed to improve performances and helped the club finish 2nd in the league that season, only losing out on the title by a few points. He won the league title with Ajax the following 2018/19 season, as well as also winning the Dutch KNVB Cup that season. Last season Ajax were again top of the table when the season was cancelled due to coronavirus. 

This season he is once again on his way to winning the Dutch title with Ajax and he has also lead them to the final of the Dutch KNVB Cup. Ajax are also doing well in the Europa League. Lets also not forget that ten Haag lead his young Ajax team to the semi-finals of the Champions League only a couple of seasons ago. I don't think any of the other candidates have a more impressive CV than ten Haag. So the Dutchman would definitely be my preferred choice out of the four contenders in question. Gladbach would do very well to sign a manager of ten Haag's status.

5 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well that comes as a surprise. Will be interesting how he does as a gopher.

Absolutely. Interesting work from Max Eberl, and it's exciting to think about a persona like Xabi Alonso in charge of a relatively big and ambitious club. 

• The title was changed to Adi Hutter To Become Gladbach Manager

Archived