• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Adi Hütter To Become Gladbach Manager

football forum

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Absolutely. Interesting work from Max Eberl, and it's exciting to think about a persona like Xabi Alonso in charge of a relatively big and ambitious club. 

Absolutely. I'm also curious how well he gets along with Aki Watzke.

and what real managerial experience and managerial success has Alonso had?

I hope that Kicker are right and that it won't be Alonso becoming the next Gladbach manager. A club like Gladbach need a more experienced and proven manager to lead their cause. In my opinion, taking on Alonso would be a huge gamble.

12 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Would be a good appointment from Gladbach's point of view. Still would consider it a bit bewildering if Hütter left Frankfurt, when tey're looking like they played CL next season.

Probably the case of "How much further can I take them?". Plus there's a lot of uncertainty with Bobic's departure. Gladbach have a fantastic infrastructure and could be the "bigger club" in the future, IMO. An interesting project for Hütter. 

According to BILD, they've reached an agreement. But as we've learned in the past, take everything from BILD with a pinch of salt. :52_fearful:

• The title was changed to Adi Hutter To Become Gladbach Manager
4 minutes ago, Coma said:

Frankfurt scare the shit out of me anytime we play them.  Now at Gladbach it will be even worse.  They'll be awesome.

Depends on how their squad looks next season. Lots of players rumoured to be leaving, and Gladbach not reaching European Football will make it even more difficult. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Depends on how their squad looks next season. Lots of players rumoured to be leaving, and Gladbach not reaching European Football will make it even more difficult. 

Guessing players like Neuhaus, Stindl, Plea, Thuram will be highly sought after...

Just now, Tommy said:

True, but they have a lot of good footballers there and you could almost name 2 quality players for each position.  I think they're the deepest squad in the league, which makes it even more disappointing that they've laid an egg this season.  

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

:D

Apparently Gladbach are going to pay 7,5 Mio Euros for him. :o 

7.5 million Euros? If Gladbach are willing to pay that, then I think that both parties will be satisfied with this deal. Frankfurt have a very decent team and personally I would hope that they could sign Jovic permanently for next season. At the same time, I hope that they don't sell any of their key players. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Guessing players like Neuhaus, Stindl, Plea, Thuram will be highly sought after...

Perhaps, but in the depressed transfer market who is going to spend the kind of money to lure those players away?  I'd guess that Hutter will still hang on to most of his core.  I could see Neuhaus and Thuram leaving if only to raise funds for Hutter to invest.  

Archived