Man City - WWWWW

Last 3 Meetings
01/01/2020 - Man City 2-1 Everton
28/09/2019 - Everton 1-3 Man City
06/02/2019 - Everton 0-2 Man City

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DCL has been confirmed to be missing the game. A big loss, but that hamstring injury should hopefully give King a chance to shine. If it means the difference between DCL featuring in the big derby game this weekend then so be it. Fingers are crossed. Other than that it's just Gbamin and Delph out of the picture but no surprise there.

I'd love to be optimistic about this game. Sadly I can't see us winning. With Pickford set to return and the same expected line-up we put out in that torrid loss to Fulham on Sunday bar Olsen, I really can't see us doing much. A win would be unbelievable. Coleman is expected to play so hopefully that has a positive impact on us. I'm going 3-1 to City. A tight and inspired draw if we really push hard to stop them.

• Subscriber

For this game and the derby, all I can say is it'll be good to get them out of the way.

If Ancelotti puts Richarlison up front again we're fucked. We need him to add some bite to what will be a midfield five. Josh King can be the focal point, Richarlison on the left, Rodriguez or Iwobi on the right and Allan, Doucoure have to start, Davies would be my choice to join them. Holgate benched, Godfrey right back and Keane and Mina in the middle.

Everton 0-2 Man City

I think Everton might get a draw out of this game. Everton are unpredictable this season and they played shit the other day so might play well in this game 

Ilkay Gundogan Groin/Hip/Pelvic Injury Feb 13: "We will see tomorrow. He told me it was tight. He is intelligent to say it, but we will see tomorrow." 21/02/2021 Currently Being Assessed 50% TRACK 
Kevin De Bruyne Thigh Injury Feb 16: "He's really getting better. Today he did all training with the group, with all of us. Much better!" 21/02/2021 None 25% TRACK 
Fernando Luiz Roza Thigh Injury Feb 10: "Fernandinho had some problems, some niggles in the quads and he was not able to come here to play." 17/02/2021 Late Fitness Test 50% TRACK 
Nathan Ake Other Jan 22: "Nathan is still not ready, but Aymeric came back to training and Eric also came back to             training."

So if cancelo is going into midfield it might look something like this  ..but Zinc is a midfielder too, just a bit average :35_thinking:  ..i would play

Ederson

Walker - Dias - Laporte - Mendy

Cancelo - Rodrigo

Torres - Foden - Sterling

Jesus

BENCH:-Steffen, Zinc, Stones, Fernandinho, Bernardo, Mahrez, Aguero

• Administrator

There's more chance of Everton pulling closer to us than us catching Man City, so I'd rather Man City win this, just to keep our top 4 berth a little bit secure before next round of games.

Shame Gundogan is out as he's been a pleasure to watch. Everton missing DCL again must hit them quite hard. Maybe being saved to be fully fit for Saturday's derby.

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

There's more chance of Everton pulling closer to us than us catching Man City, so I'd rather Man City win this, just to keep our top 4 berth a little bit secure before next round of games.

I've given up hoping Everton would help us out when playing City.

I'd like to think Everton will go all out for this but it's more likely they will be saving themselves for the much more important game against us.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I've given up hoping Everton would help us out when playing City.

I'd like to think Everton will go all out for this but it's more likely they will be saving themselves for the much more important game against us.

They've not had a bad record against Man City at home recently, I thought? This season Man City have grown into looking like a very different beast, though, so gonna be very difficult no doubt.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

They've not had a bad record against Man City at home recently, I thought? This season Man City have grown into looking like a very different beast, though, so gonna be very difficult no doubt.

Everton's last four games at Goodison against City W0 D1 L3.

• The title was changed to Everton 0-1 Man City - Wednesday 17th February, 2021
  • Administrator

Coleman has done well with the cross there. Could have easily just smashed it, hit and hope. But he's floated it up above Ederson with purpose. Did well to find Digne.

• The title was changed to Everton 1-1 Man City - Wednesday 17th February, 2021
  • The title was changed to Everton 1-3 Man City - Wednesday 17th February, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived