• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mortal Kombat (2021)

football forum

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Mortal Kombat as a franchise is still very profitable they just need to stop making these cheesy movies and go the TV show route because I think that is where they can make something good. Also, with WB as a backing point for NetherRealms Studios I am surprised they even went with a movie in the first place given their illustrious history in making shit adaptations (exceptions are there).

You don't even have to go far back into the originals (which they did for this movie) and just start at the new MK variant (11) to get a good story line developed and tie that into a TV show, run a season like Killer Instinct did for online mode and you've got a hit on your hands. It's all setup for someone to make some serious money. 

11 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Mortal Kombat as a franchise is still very profitable they just need to stop making these cheesy movies and go the TV show route because I think that is where they can make something good. Also, with WB as a backing point for NetherRealms Studios I am surprised they even went with a movie in the first place given their illustrious history in making shit adaptations (exceptions are there).

You don't even have to go far back into the originals (which they did for this movie) and just start at the new MK variant (11) to get a good story line developed and tie that into a TV show, run a season like Killer Instinct did for online mode and you've got a hit on your hands. It's all setup for someone to make some serious money. 

That would have been the way to go for me.

A Netflix season that introduced some background to each of the main character's, how they became that way, and more depth than just turning up, quick fight and in some cases, dead.

At least give the audience chance to relate/get behind a character because it means more when they all start to cross path's together towards the end of the season ready for a continuation in the next series.

I can't remember the name correctly (Maybe Gorro? The big bloke with the arms) but that guy was such a cop out of a death really. You'd liked to have seen him a lot more given how impressive he looked, I mean he wasn't even matched up with the right guy, he should have took on Jaxx who had his mechanical arms surely.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Lucas said:

That would have been the way to go for me.

A Netflix season that introduced some background to each of the main character's, how they became that way, and more depth than just turning up, quick fight and in some cases, dead.

At least give the audience chance to relate/get behind a character because it means more when they all start to cross path's together towards the end of the season ready for a continuation in the next series.

I can't remember the name correctly (Maybe Gorro? The big bloke with the arms) but that guy was such a cop out of a death really. You'd liked to have seen him a lot more given how impressive he looked, I mean he wasn't even matched up with the right guy, he should have took on Jaxx who had his mechanical arms surely.

Most worthless outworlder even in the games haha. His replacement in MK II was superb however and what a PITA he was.

image.jpeg.ac5044db4f223179ad02371fc88de19c.jpeg

On 06/05/2021 at 02:55, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The original was well received upon release. 

I dont know about at the time. If you look at the reviews though now the new one has been received better by fans and critics. But it's all an opinion anyway do doesn't matter. 

• Subscriber

Watched this over the week, pretty average overall but thats kinda what to expect. Kano was great, the fight scenes where solid and the cheesiness was on point, special effects where cool as well. I like the fact that they focused around the scorpion and sub zero plot anyways that was about the best thing going for it.

Archived