talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 0-2 Everton - Saturday 20th February, 2021

football forum

9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Preston. Exactly.

Because having Henderson at the back is working so great isn’t it. 

I may be completely proven wrong and Davies could come in a be absolute useless. But Henderson isn’t by default a better defender just because he has played Premier League football and Davies hasn’t.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

A lot of talk about the defence. Liverpool have a bigger problem going forward in my opinion. The front three look ponderous, Alexander-Arnold has looked decent but his delivery is a bit off, Robertson hardly seems to be offering much in attack at all. And Thiago can be forgiven for struggling in physical games where he gets overrun by the likes of Kante and Kovacic or Ndidi and Tielemans, but this game should have been taylor made for him, plenty of time on the ball and a defence waiting to be unlocked. He'll probably come good next season but if he can't shine in a game like that I'd be concerned.

Why the fuck am I talking about Liverpool though? It's all about the Mighty Blues until we lose to Southampton at Goodison next Monday.

25 minutes ago, Rick said:

Davies has played 136 games for Preston and is 25. The Championship isn’t some chump league. He has experience enough to help a younger player out. 

You'd certainly think he'd have more experience to talk a young player through the game than a midfielder with about 10 games at CB

Don't think it was a penalty but unfortunately that's the type of penalties that get given nowadays. The David Luiz penalty, that came with a red card, against Wolves still baffles me.

I wonder if we'll start seeing penalties for off the ball incidents where an attacker just runs into a static defender and falls over. I'd like to see it.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Owen thinks Vardy isn't a natural finisher despite scoring nearly as many PL goals as him so he definitely doesn't have the brain cell... 

There was a thing while Owen was at Liverpool with people (ludicrously) saying he wasn't a natural finisher, so I imagine he's still salty about that

• Administrator
Just now, Burning Gold said:

Really interesting how much the referee let go only to then penalise TAA for being ran into in the penalty area. Not why we lost, just interesting

Chris Kavanagh is generally a poor ref, in my opinion. 

43 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Had a feeling Everton would do well here after they almost ended our wining streak  ..worrying times for Liverpool, will Klopp survive this slump?

We have never been a knee jerk club that fires a manager after a couple months of bad results.

Jurgen won't be going anywhere anytime soon unless he decides its time to call it a day himself.

• Subscriber

Don't talk to me about what's good for your health, I'm still convinced right now that the refs going to restart the game and Origi's going to bang in a hat-trick in the extra 10 minutes of added time that's appeared from nowhere. xD

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Don't talk to me about what's good for your health, I'm still convinced right now that the refs going to restart the game and Origi's going to bang in a hat-trick in the extra 10 minutes of added time that's appeared from nowhere. xD

I don’t know why though. I imagine you’ve seen us over the past month, we’re dreadful at the moment. Genuinely have no idea how we looked decent against Leipzig because we are absolute shit right now.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t know why though. I imagine you’ve seen us over the past month, we’re dreadful at the moment. Genuinely have no idea how we looked decent against Leipzig because we are absolute shit right now.

Last year at Anfield your under 17s beat our actual first team in a real football match.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived