The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 0-2 Everton - Saturday 20th February, 2021

football forum

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Biggest cunt in the league celebrating in style tonight xD.

Massive cunt but love that he's chosen a picture which has Thiago in the background too xD

• The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator
15 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Did you know he's from Manchester, Stan? Thought that was an interesting factoid :ph34r:

Haha, I did not! Does that make him even more of a prick :ph34r:

32 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Last year at Anfield your under 17s beat our actual first team in a real football match.

Tbf I do think it makes a difference having a crowd at Anfield, it’s probably a lot easier to play any Liverpool side - kids or not - with a ghost stadium.

We should have played the U17s again, tbh. We were so fucking shite

In other news, it was bad enough having all the players post platitudes about how they're "disappointed with the result but we'll keep fighting", but now we've got the likes of Henry Winter and Gary Lineker posting every week about how great Klopp is and how he's absolutely the right man for the job. Save it lads, because I unequivocally cannot be arsed

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Has any team in the history of football been through 18 CB partnerships in a season? It'll be 20+ before the end of the season too 

Yeah, horrific planning on your part. Interesting to see how this Ben Davies move works out cos that was a stretch going after him

6 minutes ago, Danny said:

Yeah, horrific planning on your part. Interesting to see how this Ben Davies move works out cos that was a stretch going after him

Name 1 club that has planned for the injuries we have suffered at CB?

It's ridiculous, I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. Anyone who doesn't is special to say the least. 

The one shining light is that everyone knows when we have a fully fit squad, it's the best in Europe bar none. 

Congrats to the Evertonians on the forum. Great to have broken that drought.

Things seeming to go from bad to worse for Liverpool at the moment, with Champions league football next year now on the line.

We've paid the ultimate price for not going in big for a second defensive general in the summer break. At times in previous years we've thought klopp should sign more attacking players, knowing there was not alot of backup for Bobby Mo and Mane but Klopp resisted and was ultimately validated (although I'd still say he rode a risk that injuries would be light). But this year he has been shockingly exposed for this in defence. We've had very bad luck but ultimately I think you have to say Klopp ran a big risk and was found out in a big way. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Things seeming to go from bad to worse for Liverpool at the moment, with Champions league football next year now on the line.

We've paid the ultimate price for not going in big for a second defensive general in the summer break. At times in previous years we've thought klopp should sign more attacking players, knowing there was not alot of backup for Bobby Mo and Mane but Klopp resisted and was ultimately validated (although I'd still say he rode a risk that injuries would be light). But this year he has been shockingly exposed for this in defence. We've had very bad luck but ultimately I think you have to say Klopp ran a big risk and was found out in a big way. 

Yeah I agree, he should definitely have known we would lose 3 CB's to season ending injuries, lose Fabinho and now Hendo. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’m sure as hell that Klopp did not sign off on Lovren being sold without replacement, what manager would actively weaken his side like that. This blame is on the club for their shocking lack of investment in playing staff over the last two years. Klopp has worked wonders, but there’s only so much you can do. 

The position we find ourselves in right now, despite being unlucky with some (not them all, you can’t claim bad luck when notoriously injury prone players get injured) injuries this season, the lack of planning and investment throughout this golden patch of winning and record breaking prize money has well and truly come back and bitten us in the arse. At this stage, even top four looks a tall order. 

16 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Name 1 club that has planned for the injuries we have suffered at CB?

It's ridiculous, I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. Anyone who doesn't is special to say the least. 

The one shining light is that everyone knows when we have a fully fit squad, it's the best in Europe bar none. 

At the beginning of the season you had 3 centre backs and two were injury prone. Bad planning

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

I’m sure as hell that Klopp did not sign off on Lovren being sold without replacement, what manager would actively weaken his side like that. This blame is on the club for their shocking lack of investment in playing staff over the last two years. Klopp has worked wonders, but there’s only so much you can do. 

The position we find ourselves in right now, despite being unlucky with some (not them all, you can’t claim bad luck when notoriously injury prone players get injured) injuries this season, the lack of planning and investment throughout this golden patch of winning and record breaking prize money has well and truly come back and bitten us in the arse. At this stage, even top four looks a tall order. 

Klopp has said that he was happy with Matip, VVD, Gomez and Fabinho as CB's, especially with Thiago coming in. 

I honestly don't know why anyone can't get their head around that.. I honestly can't? 

I mean, even if we had kept Lovren we would still be in the shit because literally every time we play a game, somebody gets injured. 

These things can't be planned for. We can't just buy quality players for 3rd and 4th choice in each position. Its simply a case of us having a poor season with immense amounts of bad luck. 

We will be fine, we are in good hands. 

26 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

In other news, it was bad enough having all the players post platitudes about how they're "disappointed with the result but we'll keep fighting", but now we've got the likes of Henry Winter and Gary Lineker posting every week about how great Klopp is and how he's absolutely the right man for the job. Save it lads, because I unequivocally cannot be arsed

Let's face it, if any red needs the likes of Winter or Lineker to tell them that Klopp is the right man for the job he should seriously consider finding a new club to "support".:whistling:

• Subscriber

I don't expect Liverpool fans to like it on this occasion but it's good when you're neutral to see football players having a pop back at gobshites hiding behind anonymous Twitter accounts given the bile and abuse they get sent on a daily basis and are expected just to take.

It's a bit petty on Richarlison's part to be bothering with it but whether you'll admit it or not you'd love it if it was one of your players.

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

At the beginning of the season you had 3 centre backs and two were injury prone. Bad planning

Not going into this again. If you think klopp, Edwards and those above are idiots then that's your opinion and you're entitled to it mate. 

19 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah I agree, he should definitely have known we would lose 3 CB's to season ending injuries, lose Fabinho and now Hendo. 

Would all those injuries have happened if we had a clear second starting CB? We'll never know, but I think in part the defensive chaos and further injuries is self perpetuating. Players get rushed into the side, or rushed back from injury. Players get played out of position. Players who aren't used to all the pressure being on them flake out.

We let lovren go and let things got thinner. Maybe you could actually acknowledge that as being a flawed decision rather than try to justify the club in being right, even when hindsight proves they were not.

There is no harm in acknowledging facts mate. It doesn't mean we are calling for the end of days. However it is realistic to say this season has been a poor follow up to last, and in part we have to accept that transfer market decision making comes into it. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not going into this again. If you think klopp, Edwards and those above are idiots then that's your opinion and you're entitled to it mate. 

I literally didn’t say anyone was an idiot lol. Have the conversation at hand and not the one in your head 

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Understand the grey mate.

Not everyone that makes mistakes are idiots. They make risk based decisions and sometimes they don't come off. This is undoubtedly the case with the matter at hand.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Would all those injuries have happened if we had a clear second starting CB? We'll never know, but I think in part the defensive chaos and further injuries is self perpetuating. Players get rushed into the side, or rushed back from injury. Players get played out of position. Players who aren't used to all the pressure being on them flake out.

We let lovren go and let things got thinner. Maybe you could actually acknowledge that as being a flawed decision rather than try to justify the club in being right, even when hindsight proves they were not.

There is no harm in acknowledging facts mate. It doesn't mean we are calling for the end of days. However it is realistic to say this season has been a poor follow up to last, and in part we have to accept that transfer market decision making comes into it. 

We have a clear starting CB in VVD, we have a clear second starting CB in Gomez and a quality third CB in Matip. We then have young players that probably wasn't planned to get much game time and then Fabinho who is pretty fucking good at CB.

The whole lot of them are injured. You say it's bad planning and that's fine, it's your opinion. I say it's amazingly bad luck to lose all our CB's to season ending injuries, plus our back up options. 

That's my opinion and I'm led to believe that everyone is entitled to one on this discussion board? There is a massive difference of opinion on this and its been discussed to death. 

Bad planning not buying cover incase 4 CB's get injured... Maybe?

Bad luck having the injuries we have sustained to CB's... Absolutely!

Archived