The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 0-2 Everton - Saturday 20th February, 2021

football forum

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Shame it takes doing something that pretty much never happens to make those gobshites do some charity xD

Screenshot_20210221-153901_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a77c6b94e83ed4a03749213a94095d58.jpg

Still got some way to go to be as charitable as your lot have been lately admittedly xD.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They sure he wasn’t just pictured at the homeless shelter? The man has big tramp energy

Furlough FC trying to win the charity derby. You'll be trying to win transfer windows before you know it ;).

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I wondered how long it would be until we started getting criticised for celebrating.

I was absolutely delighted to see that, I hope every single one of them remembers that feeling and uses the desire to relive it to drive them to many more victories over this lot and everyone else whether it's Man City or Stevenage, because too many times we haven't wanted it enough and they have.

Won't be taking any lectures on going over the top from the fanbase who defended their current manager for doing an end of season lap of honour in front of the Kop for drawing at home with West Brom. Yes I'm taking the piss out of them for it now but anyone honest can admit that was part of a mentality shift at Liverpool, without which nothing of what they've achieved over the past few years would have been possible.

Celebrations like that in the dressing room are nothing but good for the club. Everyone can see the hypocrisy of the "wHeNs ThE bUs PaRaDe" brigade a hundred miles away and regardless of their affiliation, they only betray their own inability to hide their bitterness.

Amazing that social media, and sadly parts of the mainstream media, have led us to a place where players and fans can be criticised for deriving too much joy from an endeavour that exists purely because it's an outlet for the extreme feelings of irrational joy and despair that we as human beings are addicted to.

I fucking hate celebration shaming. The mentality that you should only be happy as a football fan when you win a trophy is so bleak because, what, only 2 or 3 clubs are allowed to be happy at the end of the season? We may as well all pack it in if that's the case because we all know that not every club has an equal chance to win a trophy and it won't be long before trophies are completely monopolised by the richest clubs in each country, and then what? This is the best thing to happen to Everton on the pitch since... idk, you'll be able to tell me. Celebrate away

In a world where the passion is being drained from football to be replaced by greed and sportswashing, where players are accused of not caring about their club, where clubs and even fans are losing the sense of local identity... I'm actually pleased to see this.

... that said, I maintain the Hassenhutl thing was weird. If he breaks down every time he beats a team as bad as we were with two midfielders at centre back and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in midfield, it's a wonder he gets anything done. For Everton, it's the derby; for Southampton, it's a shit team who happen to be wearing the same shirts as a team who were good quite recently

1 hour ago, Stan said:

If Everton deserved to be relegated for that video before the game yesterday, then Liverpool deserve to go down with them for this monstrosity  xD

I think there’s something wrong with him mate, Making fun of special needs people is not cool.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

I think there’s something wrong with him mate, Making fun of special needs people is not cool.

And I'm meant to know that how?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think he was joking mate xD

Fair enough - I thought it might be a common thing amongst Liverpool fans as if he's well known or something xD 

2 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

These things happen, I remember Spurs winning at Anfield once, it was their first win there in 70 years.

22 years was a long run, let's put it behind us and get started on the next 22.B|

For sure, I was just joking with that comment though!

Archived