talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Order Books

football forum

From tomorrow there's gonna be a big change on Football Index, full order books mean the traders set the sell and buy prices. I know there are a few of you on here who are on FI but don't really give it much attention, so I wanted to warn you that tomorrow your "portfolio value" will drop by quite a bit, but you shouldn't worry about it. The buy price will now be the average price of the 300 lowest "offers" (what people are willing to sell at), so if Pogba was worth £10 in the current system but then tomorrow someone offers to sell 300 Pogba at £9, that would be his new price (until someone takes that offer, then the price will move to the average of the next 300 shares).

The important thing to remember is that these numbers on your portfolio don't really matter until you decide to sell, and with the recent massive rise in dividends, every hold has more value now anyway.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, ...Dan said:

From tomorrow there's gonna be a big change on Football Index, full order books mean the traders set the sell and buy prices. I know there are a few of you on here who are on FI but don't really give it much attention, so I wanted to warn you that tomorrow your "portfolio value" will drop by quite a bit, but you shouldn't worry about it. The buy price will now be the average price of the 300 lowest "offers" (what people are willing to sell at), so if Pogba was worth £10 in the current system but then tomorrow someone offers to sell 300 Pogba at £9, that would be his new price (until someone takes that offer, then the price will move to the average of the next 300 shares).

The important thing to remember is that these numbers on your portfolio don't really matter until you decide to sell, and with the recent massive rise in dividends, every hold has more value now anyway.

I'm glad you've explained this as otherwise I'd go on tomorrow and wonder why everyone had lost so much value.

On 09/09/2020 at 14:20, ...Dan said:

And unsurprisingly a lot of people panicked and Harry Kane went last night for £3.30.

Surely as a company with a billion pound cap in two years ambition they foresaw something like this happen? We have seen on multiple occasions in the last year how people on the platform react to fear and scare mongering. I havent logged on for over a week now and don't intend too for the rest of the month due to the lack of stability.

I have no doubt it will bounce back but the enjoyment factor is getting sucked out the product for me. You make all your money on the back of announcements as opposed to football knowledge which is a real problem. Im getting bored of seeing "There will never be a better time to invest" tweets every month because of how the company has influenced the market. People are going to log on today and realise they would have been better off signing up today as opposed to any time in 2020 as all the prices have pretty much been reset. It cannot be a good look or inspire confidence long term.

Yeah, I’m quite bored of this now. The football element seems to matter little now and it’s just trading off the back of announcements and the fun side of things, the trying to unearth someone undervalued seems to have gone. I’ll leave what I’ve got in there for now but I will monitor it over the next few months. 

13 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Yeah, I’m quite bored of this now. The football element seems to matter little now and it’s just trading off the back of announcements and the fun side of things, the trying to unearth someone undervalued seems to have gone. I’ll leave what I’ve got in there for now but I will monitor it over the next few months. 

This is typically always what happens with trading though. All it takes is for Amazon to say they're thinking about doing something different with their deliveries and the stocks of DPD, FedEx etc all drop. It's a risky game.

• Subscriber

I echo the sentiments of others in here that it's definitely taking the fun out of this, I feel like your knowledge needs to be of how the market is changing (which feels like a monthly occurrence) rather than about football, which was kind of inevitable but it's definitely made the whole thing less fun for me, glad I'm not the only one thinking it.

Mine's gone down by £600.

Archived