talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tribes of Europa (Netflix)

football forum

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Tribes of Europa (Netflix)
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Watched the first two episodes tonight, quite enjoy it so far... German post-apocalyptic dystopian sci-fi.

Anyone else watching it? 

@Bluewolf @Tommy 

I did hear about it, and the premise sounds interesting. I will check it out. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I did hear about it, and the premise sounds interesting. I will check it out. 

It's from producers of Dark and Ulrich is in it :D

Oh and Davie Selke too :ph34r:

Going to give this a go today. It is now my work-out series that I watch while I exercise. Mr. Robot has been promoted to "prime time with a beer watching" only, which is pretty much on par with an Emmy when it comes to Television Series honours. 

Watched 1 1/4 episodes of this. Enjoyed it so far. Very intriguing. 

I can really see where some of the inspirations come from.

The Crows are 100% inspired by War Boys of Mad Max: Fury Road. The make-up, and the little drug thing they take before they engange in combat are very obvious hints. 

Liv gives me some strong Katniss Everdeen vibes while Elja reminds me of Sam from Lord of the Rings for some reason.

Oh and when they were celebrating Elja's inauguration in the woods, I was just waiting for the Ewoks to join them. xD

Oh and my man Kiano is just Davie Selke gone wild. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Watched 1 1/4 episodes of this. Enjoyed it so far. Very intriguing. 

I can really see where some of the inspirations come from.

The Crows are 100% inspired by War Boys of Mad Max: Fury Road. The make-up, and the little drug thing they take before they engange in combat are very obvious hints. 

Liv gives me some strong Katniss Everdeen vibes while Elja reminds me of Sam from Lord of the Rings for some reason.

Oh and when they were celebrating Elja's inauguration in the woods, I was just waiting for the Ewoks to join them. xD

Oh and my man Kiano is just Davie Selke gone wild. 

For me it's a mix of The 100 and Hunger Games. A lot of parallels to The 100 in particular, including the Crows.

Also I'm glad that I'm not the only one who sees Selke in Kiano xD 

EDIT: Also Elja reminds you of Sam because they have the same jaw xD 

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

who sees Selke in Kiano xD

I had to laugh for 5 minutes when I first saw him, because I realized what you meant with your post, and he REALLY looks like him. xD

So yea, finished this last night. Very enjoyable, albeit somewhat predictable and far fetched at times. 

In the end I felt a bit of a Star Wars vibe, with it ultimately going down as Dark Side vs. The Light. 

Next season I can see:

Darth Selke going full dark side, and then Liv trying to bring him back to the light at some point.

Going to be interesting to see what Elja and Moses are going to be up to, and what the cube actually means, or where it takes them. Oh and yea, that Austrian wanting to be a dictator brought back some memories. :ph34r:

Very interesting though. 

Archived