talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Atletico Madrid 0-1 Chelsea - Tuesday 23rd February, 2021 (1st Leg)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

what does that have to do with it

well the guy was saying it dont matter where you play with no fans in a UCL game. and you have put up a post of players after playing in the clouds in south america. not really the same thing at all is it :)

Just now, God is Haaland said:

Yeah. Right. Because if Haaland can choose between Real Madrid and Chelski, he goes to Chelski.... :8_laughing:

you're being naive if you think that money doesn't talk and right now Madrid are begging players to take pay cuts to pay Bale at Tottenham . your dreaming

Just now, UNIQUE said:

well the guy was saying it dont matter where you play with no fans in a UCL game. and you have put up a post of players after playing in the clouds in south america. not really the same thing at all is it :)

nobody said that, go to lenscrafters and get a prescription son

Professional away performance. 

Was curious to see how we'd cope against better opposition but we still remained completely under control. Atletico were a shambles so not sure how to completely make out the performance but the whole side was disciplined tonight. Still looking very poor in the third. Could of made it 0-2 or 0-3 had our final ball been there. Everything aspect of the team dynamic is up to speed except our attack. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Professional away performance. 

Was curious to see how we'd cope against better opposition but we still remained completely under control. Atletico were a shambles so not sure how to completely make out the performance but the whole side was disciplined tonight. Still looking very poor in the third. Could of made it 0-2 or 0-3 had our final ball been there. Everything aspect of the team dynamic is up to speed except our attack. 

I don't think they were a shambles only just set themselves up to hold out for a draw and hoping for a goal on the break which they couldn't get... I was expecting them to be a far more attacking side given it was neutral ground but just never happened for them... only in the last 15 minutes or so did they show any real intent to try and get something from the game.. What a wonderful goal by Giroud, could have done without all the delay from VAR over it but at least we got what I felt we deserved on the night.. 

Going to make the second leg interesting now for sure... 

Just now, Bluewolf said:

I don't think they were a shambles only just set themselves up to hold out for a draw and hoping for a goal on the break which they couldn't get... I was expecting them to be a far more attacking side given it was neutral ground but just never happened for them... only in the last 15 minutes or so did they show any real intent to try and get something from the game.. What a wonderful goal by Giroud, could have done without all the delay from VAR over it but at least we got what I felt we deserved on the night.. 

Aye. I thought we were wasteful, but Atletico were completely pathetic up top tonight. Christensen had no threat. 

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Believe it or not, this is not Atletico setting up for a draw, it's just Atletico in any given day.

Big win for Chelsea.

I don't like wanting them to win in Europe, but the way Atletico approach the knockouts... sort of forced my hand here. Simeone in Europe (almost) makes Mourinho look like an adventurous and expansive attacking manager.

I agree they were a bit wasteful, probably could have had more on the night. But they did their jobs well and got an away win and an away goal. You can ask for more than that, but that's being a selfish twat tbh - that's a great result at Atletico with their shithousing style of football.

Only caught the second half because of work but have to agree with @Cicero, Atlético were awful from what I saw but I imagine it will be a tougher game second leg. 

Will watch the first half back at some point.

As I said before, everything at the moment looks good until the final third, we really need some of our flair players to start playing well, Ziyech, Pulisic, Havertz, their return to form could be crucial for us.

51 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

Yeah. Right. Because if Haaland can choose between Real Madrid and Chelski, he goes to Chelski.... :8_laughing:

With Barcelona on the verge of bankruptcy and Real Madrid almost 1 billion in debt with stadium upgrade costs and both clubs needing clear outs, Raiola might struggle to shift Haaland. Great opportunity for English clubs, Chelsea being the most cash rich in Covid times.

• The title was changed to Atletico Madrid 0-1 Chelsea - Tuesday 23rd February, 2021 (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned
On 23/02/2021 at 22:56, Spike said:

you're being naive if you think that money doesn't talk and right now Madrid are begging players to take pay cuts to pay Bale at Tottenham . your dreaming

On 23/02/2021 at 23:49, DNA said:

With Barcelona on the verge of bankruptcy and Real Madrid almost 1 billion in debt with stadium upgrade costs and both clubs needing clear outs, Raiola might struggle to shift Haaland. Great opportunity for English clubs, Chelsea being the most cash rich in Covid times.

Real Madrid are going to buy Haaland and Germany is going to pay for it. END OF.

Archived