talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EL 2020/21 - Round of 32 (2nd Legs) - 24-25th February, 2021 (Early KOs)

football forum

37 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It's easy to call it cowardly sat in front of the tv 

It's easy to say anything that's said on the forum sat in front of the TV... What's your point? Zero criticism of systems allowed on the forum...?

England have a lot talented attackers, it's not abnormal to want to see them play in an attacking system.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well he's so good that that he can literally be good for half the season and still be our leading goalscorer. This is the frustrating thing with us. We have a good defence and a good attack and should be doing better. I'm actually not one of those over critical fans but I dont think arteta is good enough personally. I don't feel like he is getting the best out of the players we have. 

I agree with you about Arteta, I am not his biggest fan. Arsenal should be doing much better than they are given the players that they have at their disposal. A new proven manager, seems to be the answer for Arsenal in my opinion.

14 minutes ago, 6666 said:

It's easy to say anything that's said on the forum sat in front of the TV... What's your point? Zero criticism of systems allowed on the forum...?

England have a lot talented attackers, it's not abnormal to want to see them play in an attacking system.

Criticising is one thing. Calling a managers tactics cowardly is a different thing 

13 minutes ago, Michael said:

I agree with you about Arteta, I am not his biggest fan. Arsenal should be doing much better than they are given the players that they have at their disposal. A new proven manager, seems to be the answer for Arsenal in my opinion.

At the same time though there is no point in getting a manager who is going to make us just a bit better. We want someone who is going to have us challenging for champions league places and hopefully build a league title challenge. It's hard to build a title challenge at a club like arsenal now though. It can be done but you need one of the top 5 managers in the world to do it in my opinion. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Stan bit of a random thing but I'm tagging you because you're the only person on here I know is definitely pro var.  No point in asking someone who is anti var 

Personally for me not knowing for definite if we had scored didn't ruin it for me. I found myself able to celebrate and then when I found out they were checking it, it didn't bother me. It was quick and to be honest gave me a second chance to cheer. When var is used like that does it bother you? 

I've celebrated all goals scored since introduction of VAR but also accepting of the fact that some of the goals could be called back for whatever reason. Maybe I'm more tolerant of that fact but I see how it works in cricket and rugby and the players certainly don't get affected by reviews or retrospective referee/umpire decisions. The quicker VAR works in-game the better. It didn't bother me how it was used for that Aubameyang goal. But I do accept with some decisions it takes a very long time. In some cases it can be the officials using it that can delay matters... 

15 hours ago, Michael said:

Morelos gives Rangers the lead early on here!

Rangers 1-0 Antwerp

And what awareness and thinking from Ryan Kent who then took out the keeper and squared it for Morelos to stick it in an empty net. This pair combined again with Morelos being the supplier and Kent the scorer which was my goal of the game. Thought both Morelos and Kent were superb last night. Great evening for young Nathan Patterson, not only to come on and have a fine game but to also score. A great team performance. Looking forward to the draw this afternoon.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived