talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EL 2020/21 - Round of 32 (2nd Legs) - Thursday 25th February, 2021 (Late KOs)

football forum

• Administrator

1200px-Europa_League.svg.png

all kick-offs 20.00 (GMT)

(First leg score in brackets)

Thursday 25th February, 2021
Bayer Leverkusen (3) vs (4) Young Boys
Club Brugge (1) vs (1) Dynamo Kiev
Dinamo Zagreb (3) vs (2) Krasnodar
Leicester City (0) vs (0) Slavia Prague
Man Utd (4) vs (0) Real Sociedad
AC Milan (2) vs (2) Red Star Belgrade
PSV (2) vs (4) Olympiacos
Roma (2) vs (0) Sporting Braga

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ole has to use this as an opportunity to rest players for the weekends big game. 

I'd say he will go with something like this.

GK - Henderson

Df - Williams - Axel T - Bailly - Telles

Md - Matic - Van De Beek (If fit) - Fred

FW - James - Greenwood - Martial

• Administrator

@Dan with Maddison potentially out (I don't think he'll be risked), how do you think we'll line-up?

Kasper

Castagne - Evans - Soyuncu - Thomas

Ndidi - Hamza

Albrighton - Tielemans - Barnes

Vardy

It's a shame we have so many players out as I'm sure we'd have been resting Vardy, Barnes, Ndidi for this and still be confident of the win. 

Maybe Ricardo plays instead of Castagne or Albrighton.

• Subscriber

I don't want Tielemans that far forward personally and think we miss him when he's not as deep, but then the problem is we have virtually nobody else who can play there, unless maybe Barnes, with Albrighton & Under on the wings.

I can see him doing something a bit out of the ordinary, like a 3-4-3, Ndidi and Tielemans in midfield, Barnes, Under and Vardy front three, Ricardo and Castagne wing backs. How it actually works is another matter though. We'e stepped up a lot since Maddison's come back in this season, he's having his best season yet, I'm a bit worried it's going to be another 2 months out or something like that. We often seem to really underestimate injuries, in the media at least.

I'm gonna be brutally honest and this is terrible but I don't think it's a disaster if we go out tomorrow. I don't want us to lose but there are redeeming factors to it. I just don't think we have the squad to cope with this, I can't see us going much further with this many out as well. I think the fact nobody can even go is what swings it that way.

• Administrator

We've changed quite a bit. Clearly managing the squad as best as possible and hoping for the best option of a win and also saving key players for Sunday against Arsenal. Also reckon Rodgers is hoping we get the game done so that Wilf, Youri and Vardy can avoid playing the full 90...

Kasper

Amartey - Evans - Soyuncu - Thomas

Ndidi - Hamza

Under - Tielemans - Albrighton

Vardy

• Administrator

We've been pretty damn poor by all accounts. Very little creativity and the loss of Maddison is so clear. Youri doesn't really play the #10 role and it shows. Just not his cup of tea. 

We really miss our attacking full backs, too. They give us a different element of attack but it's clear to see how bad we are when they don't play. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

We've been pretty damn poor by all accounts. Very little creativity and the loss of Maddison is so clear. Youri doesn't really play the #10 role and it shows. Just not his cup of tea. 

We really miss our attacking full backs, too. They give us a different element of attack but it's clear to see how bad we are when they don't play. 

Well with only 45 minutes remaining, the last thing you want is to concede an away goal against a stubborn team like Slavia Prague.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Keep forgetting this Cresva side Milan are facing are Red Star Belgrade 

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Yes, I much prefer their old name of Red Star Belgrade.

Crvena Zvezda literally means Red Star in Serbian...and that's always been their real name :P  @Michael should know this, tut tut :P 

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

With a 4-0; all away goals lead, I don't understand why Fernandes and Wan-Bissaka aren't rested .

I see Madison is out for Leciester tonight, what's his status for the weekend and midweek games?

I doubt he'll play. Picked up a recurrence of a hip injury against Villa. Don't know if he'll be risked on Sunday or Wednesday. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived