talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EL 2020/21 - Round of 32 (2nd Legs) - Thursday 25th February, 2021 (Late KOs)

football forum

Just now, nudge said:

Crvena Zvezda literally means Red Star in Serbian...and that's always been their real name :P  @Michael should know this, tut tut :P 

Yes, but I prefer their name in English instead of Serbian. They were always known as Red Star in the past, why the change several years ago? :35_thinking:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Siebatcheu has scored to give Young boys the lead with a header a foot away from goal after a howler from Lomb. How awful Lomb has been since he replaced the injured Hradecky a few weeks ago. Leverkusen now need another goal fest like last week if they want to get back in this.

Leverkusen 0-1 Young Boys

• Subscriber
Just now, Michael said:

Yes, but I prefer their name in English instead of Serbian. They were always known as Red Star in the past, why the change several years ago? :35_thinking:

Maybe they just want to embrace their language and culture instead of succumbing to anglicisms :ph34r: 

Just now, nudge said:

Maybe they just want to embrace their language and culture instead of succumbing to anglicisms :ph34r: 

I think that they need to move with the times and understand that English is the main international language around the world. I mean how on earth is Arthur from Scarborough supposed to pronounce that name?:ph34r:

• Subscriber
Just now, Michael said:

I think that they need to move with the times and understand that English is the main international language around the world. I mean how on earth is Arthur from Scarborough supposed to pronounce that name?:ph34r:

Yes, I agree, that's very inconsiderate of them :ph34r: 

• Subscriber

It was a banana skin of a tie which we made hard for ourselves by failing to gain any advantage last week despite playing our already knackered first team. The tie just gradually fell more and more Slavia's way. It's an embarrassing result but given we can't even go, and we're dropping like flies, it's the one time I can forgive it.

Well done Slavia. Superb organisation throughout both ties.

Slavia Prague have got some excellent support. I remember when arsenal were 7.0 up against them and their fans were still singing. I think our supporters actually clapped their supporters for it.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived