talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Turning 40

football forum

So this coming November I'm about to turn 40, not sure how it happened and I don't feel anything like a 40 year old but it's a reality I've got to somehow accept.

Gone are the days I could go out on the piss with my mates and go in a bar full of younger people and feel like I don't stand out like a sore thumb.

Also I think the days where I could catch a young women looking at me and know she liked me are gone, I suspect they now think what's that old git looking at.

It's all down hill from here on in, how old is everyone else on the forum and is it true?

Does life really start at 40 or is that just a made up saying to make old bast*rds feel better about themselves. 

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cicero said:

40 is the new 21

I thought 30 was the new 21 when I turned 30 but all that happened is my legs started hurting the day after playing football and I was told I could no longer refer to myself as part of the younger generation. 

Maybe I should have a midlife crisis, leave my wife and find myself one of these young women who like older men.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I perhaps wouldn't ask the likes of @CaaC (John), @Bluewolf or @SchalkeUK - with all due respect I don't think they can remember that long ago :ph34r:

I just turned 30 and it's proper fucked with my mind that I'm now closer to 40 than I was starting uni xD 

The day I turned 30 I sat up in my bed looked at myself in the mirrors on the sliding door wardrobe and wanted to cry........

I might just end it all on my 40th and have done with it.

2 minutes ago, McAzeem said:

40 seems like the perfect time when you have enough maturity and you are physically still great.

That's the thing, I still think like a young man and act younger than my age. I actually look a lot younger as well to the point where my teenage daughters friends thought I was her older brother when collecting her from high school.

Basically what I'm saying is I'm not ready for 40. It ain't fair..

• Subscriber

If its any consolation I turn 40 in under a month and its just business as usual for me. Time does fly when you're having fun and I certainly have had a lot of fun. I'll remember to welcome you to the club when its your turn.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

If its any consolation I turn 40 in under a month and its just business as usual for me. Time does fly when you're having fun and I certainly have had a lot of fun. I'll remember to welcome you to the club when its your turn.

The same as what Mel said and he hit it on the head there, life goes on and as long as you look after yourself you will be ok, I turn 72 in May, I have had my up and downs but in the long run the wife gave me a son & daughter and in turn, they gave us 3 lovely grandsons and we both (wife and me) want to live long enough to maybe see them marry and give us some more kids to cuddle.

As I always said to our son & daughter when me or the wife leave mother earth for good that 'Life goes on', feel grieved a bit but carry on as per normal and be happy with life as the song by Vera Lynn goes "We'll Meet Again, don't know where don't know when..."

• Subscriber

Ah age is just a number at the end of the day. I dont think I really had much of a party for turning 30 even just lowkey business as usual. The definitive thing I can say is the hangovers fucking hurt. I remember in my 20s I was invincible, I never quite realized the power at the time but my god. In other news I did buy my midlife crisis car at 32 this year though.... maybe more of a covid car.... no justification needed I just wanted it xD

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ah age is just a number at the end of the day. I dont think I really had much of a party for turning 30 even just lowkey business as usual. The definitive thing I can say is the hangovers fucking hurt. I remember in my 20s I was invincible, I never quite realized the power at the time but my god. In other news I did buy my midlife crisis car at 32 this year though.... maybe more of a covid car.... no justification needed I just wanted it xD

Any pics?

• Subscriber
Just now, Cazza said:

If it really helps I turn 29 this march so getting near the big 30.... My husband hit forty three years ago and it didn't go down well.

Now I am curious is this early March or late March?

3 hours ago, Devil said:

So this coming November I'm about to turn 40, not sure how it happened and I don't feel anything like a 40 year old but it's a reality I've got to somehow accept.

Gone are the days I could go out on the piss with my mates and go in a bar full of younger people and feel like I don't stand out like a sore thumb.

Also I think the days where I could catch a young women looking at me and know she liked me are gone, I suspect they now think what's that old git looking at.

It's all down hill from here on in, how old is everyone else on the forum and is it true?

Does life really start at 40 or is that just a made up saying to make old bast*rds feel better about themselves. 

im 46 and i can still out drink out fuck and out fight all the young lads in the pubs near me. even when they are open xD

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

THIS!

After the first lockdown last year, one of the nights in July was the first time properly out ('out out!') in a good few months. The morning after was not pleasant.

39 minutes ago, Cazza said:

have you seen the Derry girls.... You must know how James feels.

Brilliant programme.

33 minutes ago, Cazza said:

An over bearing husband and a demanding baby daughter.... Plus my dad frowns on me drinking.

But I have a lush as a sister.

@MUFC...

Archived