• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Turning 40

football forum

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/02/2021 at 19:17, Cazza said:

If it really helps I turn 29 this march so getting near the big 30.... My husband hit forty three years ago and it didn't go down well.

On 23/02/2021 at 19:27, Mel81x said:

Im around the same time well more close to mid March

On 24/02/2021 at 09:48, Toinho said:

@Cazza I’m early March too. 
But a couple of years older than you! 

On 24/02/2021 at 10:40, Mel81x said:

I have now learned a lot of people in this thread are March kids, myself included. Nice.

Guess I join you lot then.

As others have said, age is just a number at the end of the day. Just enjoy it and continue to get hammered. :D

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2021 at 10:40, Mel81x said:

I have now learned a lot of people in this thread are March kids, myself included. Nice.

We used to keep a list - which I still have and here are the main March guys!

Ivan Rakitic  10th

Andy Beck  13th

Holger Badstuber   13th

Shinji Kagawa  17th

Sasha Riether   23rd

Matija Nastasic   28th

and three of us all celebrated together at one time

Me, Manuel Neuer and Atsuto Achida  together with Haji Wright and Junior Caicara all on the 27th!

Not quite made it but my 2nd jab is on April 1st - Fools day, of course:D

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

The roaring 90's, long hair, booze, married and could run a mile without gasping for breath, even smoking then...cough, cough :whistling: xD

download.png.f0ebee3fef071d9a6d27fd315663ed2c.png

I was thinking more 70s/80s hair xD 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, nudge said:

I was thinking more 70s/80s hair

Most of them photos around the '60s & '70s are buried somewhere in albums with my family in Australia, 72 onwards up to the late '70s I was in the army so that was a no goer, but I can remember the early '60s & '70s, the Beatles ara then the hippie generation my hair was long and I was free as the wind, brilliant thinking back then and 'All you need is love...' sigh :x

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Cazza said:

Believe it or not, before my husband met me he was like this, wild free and full of life.... I was Young broken and destroyed.... He really helped me find myself in sacrificing his thirties. 

Hard days then, I was working 6 days a week and 14 hrs a day saving up for a house me and the wife was after, got it in the end and our son & daughter were nearing going to college, so Sundays was a day off where I took the wife and kids out wherever and spent enjoying the day.

That photo the wife took was at a mate of mines Clay Pigeon Shooting Club, 3 hours in the summertime, a bit of shooting with shotguns and after all the groups including wives and kiddies would gather around a big drum lit up and eating burgers and whatever from a wee hut he had rigged up as a small kitchen, the shoot was out in the countryside on a farmers land.

The field was full of cows and one big black bull and they never batted an eyelid with the shotguns going off and would stroll across and we feed them some buns or whatnot after the shoot, nostalgic memories that and the wife and kids enjoyed the day out, even taught our son & daughter how to shoot with a .22 rifle.

2062295414_download(1).png.2527733872a1dd26cd1b7fb5288e124a.png

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Cazza said:

I was a victim through stupidity, probably the bigger reason for my problems.

Sorry to hear that and I won't ask anymore, I have been shot at in my army days and that was the scariest time in my life so far. :(

On 26/02/2021 at 15:11, SchalkeUK said:

Rugby - in those days the clubs were run by the Secretary/Manager and the teams were under the control of the Coach.  All players were semi-pro and had normal jobs and not full time Rubgy players, but that year one Bill Ashurst was signed from Wigan and effectively became a full-time members of the club.  He was an International with experience in Aussie and with his help the Club made it to Wembley in 1979. We lost probably due to the fact that at that time he was not 100%fit but insisted on playing but the opposition, Widnes, were a great side at that time and even with a fully fit side we would have been pushed to beat them - but it was a year to remember!

egg chaser :bye:

46 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

being afraid of guns because you think they kill people is like saying i am afraid of spoons because they make people fat. 

Not really mate, one fires a bullet that could kill you in a second and the other could kill you but over a very long period of time. 

Anyway my thread about being depressed about turning 40 has been derailed, I've actually been talking to the missus today about what age it is acceptable to kinda let yourself go. 

I've lived my whole life eating healthy and keeping in shape, but once your over 40 and look old anyway then surely it doesn't really matter if you relax about your appearance. I will always wear nice clothing as that's a generational thing but I'm getting to the stage my body won't allow me to do cardio exercise every day. 

9 minutes ago, Devil said:

Not really mate, one fires a bullet that could kill you in a second and the other could kill you but over a very long period of time. 

Anyway my thread about being depressed about turning 40 has been derailed, I've actually been talking to the missus today about what age it is acceptable to kinda let yourself go. 

I've lived my whole life eating healthy and keeping in shape, but once your over 40 and look old anyway then surely it doesn't really matter if you relax about your appearance. I will always wear nice clothing as that's a generational thing but I'm getting to the stage my body won't allow me to do cardio exercise every day. 

but both of them are harmless in the right hands. 

6 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

but both of them are harmless in the right hands. 

I suppose so but give guns to enough people and you will always get one lunatic willing to use it in a manner it shouldn't be used or for bad. 

1 minute ago, Devil said:

I suppose so but give guns to enough people and you will always get one lunatic willing to use it in a manner it shouldn't be used or for bad. 

more people in the world die from bad health than gun shots though. 

4 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

more people in the world die from bad health than gun shots though. 

Mate, I think it's fair to say bad health doesn't walk into a school or place or worship and start shooting innocent people. 

It also doesn't enter a concert venue in Paris and start taking innocent peoples lives. 

3 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

i own 6 guns and every day i leave home and when i come back none of them have shot anyone. how can this be. 

Of course it's the person behind the gun that's the real issue but if these lunatics didn't have ease of access to these weapons then these events wouldn't happened so often. 

As for your guns mate, I know you have a few as you've said it in the past but let's not kid ourselves and claim they automated assault rifles. 

4 minutes ago, Devil said:

Mate, I think it's fair to say bad health doesn't walk into a school or place or worship and start shooting innocent people. 

It also doesn't enter a concert venue in Paris and start taking innocent peoples lives. 

Of course it's the person behind the gun that's the real issue but if these lunatics didn't have ease of access to these weapons then these events wouldn't happened so often. 

As for your guns mate, I know you have a few as you've said it in the past but let's not kid ourselves and claim they automated assault rifles. 

mate people have found ways to kill each other since the start of time. if you had fear of everything that could kill you then you would fear everything. take away everything that could kill you in the world today and you would be back to the stone age and people in the stone age would bash your head in with a rock. fear the people dont fear the tool. :91_thumbsup:

Archived