• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Euro 2020 Could Be Held In UK

football forum

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Stan said:

That would be great, especially as I plan to return to England for the summer. But this decision is being taken so late in the day. April is just a couple of months before the Euros are scheduled to begin. I am sure that the other countries who were also scheduled to host the Euros will be disappointed if the plan for England to host the whole competition goes through. But hey, I ain't complaining. xDB|

• Administrator
Just now, Michael said:

That would be great, especially as I plan to return to England for the summer. But this decision is being taken so late in the day. April is just a couple of months before the Euros are scheduled to begin. I am sure that the other countries who were also scheduled to host the Euros will be disappointed if the plan for England to host the whole competition goes through. But hey, I ain't complaining. xDB|

Haha whereabouts in UK you coming to? 

I think some Euro countries probably know they won't have a good chance of holding any games with fans. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Haha whereabouts in UK you coming to

I already said mate, England! I ain't going to Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. :ph34r: haha... nah I will be visiting family initially, so my first stop will probably be Shropshire. But I will be in several other places as well, visiting other family members and friends. I might just move back long term, I'm not sure yet.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think some Euro countries probably know they won't have a good chance of holding any games with fans. 

Yeah, this is very true. But it will still be somewhat of a disappointment for the locals, as just hosting such games(even if fans aren't allowed in the stadium) is some kind of achievement and novelty. 

But having England host the Euros makes sense both financially and on the sporting front, if fans are allowed into the stadiums. It's just that UEFA seem to be making their decision quite late in the day. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Michael said:

I already said mate, England! I ain't going to Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. :ph34r: haha... nah I will be visiting family initially, so my first stop will probably be Shropshire. But I will be in several other places as well, visiting other family members and friends. I might just move back long term, I'm not sure yet.

Yeah, this is very true. But it will still be somewhat of a disappointment for the locals, as just hosting such games(even if fans aren't allowed in the stadium) is some kind of achievement and novelty. 

But having England host the Euros makes sense both financially and on the sporting front, if fans are allowed into the stadiums. It's just that UEFA seem to be making their decision quite late in the day. 

If you're around London or just north of it then will be nice to meet you! Stay away from Brentford though cos that's where @Danny lurks. 

How long are you here for? 

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Fuck off you cunts voted Brexit,

U mad bro

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

If you're around London or just north of it then will be nice to meet you! Stay away from Brentford though cos that's where @Danny lurks. 

U mad bro

yeah absolutely livid it isn't being held in my European country xD

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

Haha, Brentford isn't that bad, I went there once and Danny seems like a decent enough bloke haha. I am not sure if I will be in London, but if I am, I will let you know. 

I am in the process of planning my trip and I will be getting a one way ticket at first, because as I said I am not sure if I will just move back for good(or at least long term) or not. But I will at the very least be in the UK for a minimum of 3 months. My biggest concern right now though is the fact that I will be required to pay £210 for 2 Covid tests during my 10 days of quarantine, once I arrive in the UK. That seems a ridiculous amount for 2 additional tests, considering I will also be required to take a Covid test here in Ukraine, just before I fly out.

Anyhow, it would be great if the Euros are indeed played in England over the summer. God knows we all need some positive news after all the crap we had to go through in 2020.

Just now, Danny said:

yeah but I said I'm in north. London has a monopoly on the cardinal directions. If you're in Scotland you're up north, if you're in Islington or Tottenham you're in north.

Just now, Michael said:

What about Berwick-upon-Tweed, doesn't that count as being up North in your books? :S:35_thinking:

if ya aint in scotland, yer in the souf

1 minute ago, Spike said:

if ya aint in scotland, yer in the souf

Scotland is north of the centre of the universe. You cannot be in north and be in Scotland, you can be up north, you can only be in north when you're in London

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Scotland is north of the centre of the universe. You cannot be in north and be in Scotland, you can be up north, you can only be in north when you're in London

your either in scotland or your south

1 minute ago, Danny said:

It's like being quoted by a dog with the brain of a goldfish

what is more stunning is that your actually think i care about the subtle of nuance of ‘in north’ and ‘up north’ as if it wasnt all just for shits and gigs xD christ almighty mate

17 minutes ago, Spike said:

what is more stunning is that your actually think i care about the subtle of nuance of ‘in north’ and ‘up north’ as if it wasnt all just for shits and gigs xD christ almighty mate

Sorry mate I forgot we were talking about that :ph34r:

Archived