Inter Milan vs Genoa
Udinese vs Fiorentina
Napoli vs Benevento, 17.00
AS Roma vs AC Milan, 19.45

image.png

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Milan, not in the best of form, made Roma look pretty poor again. Fonseca's team are flat track bullies and just can't perform in any big game against a good team.

The lack of any pace or width in the team is so evident. Milan play with such a high line, but it never really looked like Roma could actually exploit it. It beyond evident, but never seems to affect any team selection.

Overall Roma's squad is just about done. Monchi's Italian misadventure is still being felt with Pastore sitting in the bench, with no hope of actually effecting any game but still taking home €150k a week. Never mind the fact that Fazio was starting, whilst Bruno Peres and Juan Jesus are sitting in the bench. So much deadwood and Roma just look old and slow. Even their impact substitute is an over the hill Pedro, who isn't galloping away from defenders anymore.

It's hard to blame Fonseca entirely, with this poorly constructed squad and lack of any financial flexibility. But he just seem inflexible to make it work, that I'd doubt if he could make it work with a better squad to the heights that Roma could be aspiring to.

It's groundhog Day with this post, but it just seems to be groundhog Day with Roma this season. And sadly I know how this movie ends.

I just wanna see more Riccardo Calafiori, more Tommaso Milanese, and less mediocre players where their limits have already been seen.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived