talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Brom 1-0 Brighton - Saturday 27th February, 2021

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 15.00

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-West_Bromwich_Albion.svg.png       VS     1200px-Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.p

Recent Form
West Brom - DDLLD
Brighton - LDLDW

Last 3 Meetings
26/10/2020 - Brighton 1-1 West Brom
06/02/2019 - West Brom 1-3aet Brighton (FA Cup)
26/01/2019 - Brighton 0-0 West Brom (FA Cup)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Was reading that there was a bit of cock up for Brighton's 'equaliser'. Apparently ruled out in odd circumstances. 

Yeah just read about it. Something about a quick free-kick being taken and ref not knowing if he blew the whistle xD 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

How? xD

Exactly xDxD 

I've just seen it. This is ridiculous. How has this been disallowed? Mason clearly blows his whistle for the free-kick to be taken as he steps back.

• The title was changed to West Brom 1-0 Brighton - Saturday 27th February, 2021
29 minutes ago, Stan said:

Exactly xDxD 

I've just seen it. This is ridiculous. How has this been disallowed? Mason clearly blows his whistle for the free-kick to be taken as he steps back.

It angers you watching it. People are on about giving referees respect, but then you have that fat arsehole Lee Mason blatantly fucking lying about not blowing his whistle AND then you get the twat VAR calling that as offside even though neither player made any attempt to intefer with play. 

If there was any VAR defender’s left, surely that’s too much fuckery to defend. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Rick said:

If there was any VAR defender’s left, surely that’s too much fuckery to defend. 

It's an absolute shambles in this incident but surely the issue is Lee Mason here and not VAR xD

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's an absolute shambles in this incident but surely the issue is Lee Mason here and not VAR xD

It’s absolutely both. As soon as they saw Lee Mason blow the whistle, that goal should stand. 

• Administrator

Yeah sorry I didn't mean to absolve VAR of any blame here, but more than Lees Mason should cop more of the blame and responsibility as opposed to everyone just going 'fUcK VaR!!111'

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah sorry I didn't mean to absolve VAR of any blame here, but more than Lees Mason should cop more of the blame and responsibility as opposed to everyone just going 'fUcK VaR!!111'

No, everybody is calling that blimp. But how does the VAR determine that it’s an offside? It’s bullshit. 

I've heard the ref forgot he had blown his whistle. Not seen it yet. 

Sometimes in high pressure situations you can forget you have done something second ago. I'm  a chef and I've seen it many times. That's the only explanation I can think of 

19 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I've heard the ref forgot he had blown his whistle. Not seen it yet. 

Sometimes in high pressure situations you can forget you have done something second ago. I'm  a chef and I've seen it many times. That's the only explanation I can think of 

Forgot he blew his whistle for the free kick to be five seconds earlier? Nope, not having that. 

11 minutes ago, Rick said:

Forgot he blew his whistle for the free kick to be five seconds earlier? Nope, not having that. 

I dont really care what you think because you dont know what you are talking about. 

Humans have an instant memory of about 3 seconds. It then goes into your short term memory then your long term memory.

If you are under a lot of pressure it can be possible for something to not go into your short term memory. Which means you can forget something in 3 seconds. It doesn't happen  very often which is why we dont see mistakes like that often. It's a bad mistake but that is the probable explanation 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived