talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Brom 1-0 Brighton - Saturday 27th February, 2021

football forum

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I dont really care what you think because you dont know what you are talking about. 

Humans have an instant memory of about 3 seconds. It then goes into your short term memory then your long term memory.

If you are under a lot of pressure it can be possible for something to not go into your short term memory. Which means you can forget something in 3 seconds. It doesn't happen  very often which is why we dont see mistakes like that often. It's a bad mistake but that is the probable explanation 

Are you sure you're not getting humans and goldfish mixed up?

Seriously if any ref can't remember what he was doing 5 seconds ago he might wan't to consider another line of work.:whistling:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Scouse_Mouse he probably can remember what he did 5 seconds ago 99% of the time. 

I had a psychiatrist explain it to me once. Its part of the reason why people with OCD arent sure if they locked a door or something a few seconds later. 

Although it normally happens in extremely stressful moments it can happen if you are extremely stressed in general. 

In that particular moment that may have happened to him. This is probably the first time it has ever happened in his career. 

4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I dont really care what you think because you dont know what you are talking about. 

Humans have an instant memory of about 3 seconds. It then goes into your short term memory then your long term memory.

If you are under a lot of pressure it can be possible for something to not go into your short term memory. Which means you can forget something in 3 seconds. It doesn't happen  very often which is why we dont see mistakes like that often. It's a bad mistake but that is the probable explanation 

I don’t really care what you think because you talk utter bollocks. 

You are really here, trying to defend a complete balls up from Lee Mason. Who blew his whistle, then decided no goal, then decided it was a goal, then to decide it wasn’t a goal again. Is it not possible that, instead of having a very brief case of memory loss, he is just a fucking shit referee? 

31 minutes ago, Rick said:

I don’t really care what you think because you talk utter bollocks. 

You are really here, trying to defend a complete balls up from Lee Mason. Who blew his whistle, then decided no goal, then decided it was a goal, then to decide it wasn’t a goal again. Is it not possible that, instead of having a very brief case of memory loss, he is just a fucking shit referee? 

I've just literally explained what happened using things that are proven to be true. I said it was a bad mistake anyway but explained what I thought could have happened.  Cant be bothered to argue with a self entitled know it all dick head like you anyway. You've proven yourself to be an absolute twat on numerous occasions on the forum 

Seen the incident now. A few ex referees have said that he probably doesn't forget. He seems to loose focus for a second then realises the wall isn't set up right so blows again. When I saw it my impression was that he see's something then  blows again so I think that is what probably happened 

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I've just literally explained what happened using things that are proven to be true. Cant be bothered to argue with a self entitled know it all dick head like you anyway. You've proven yourself to be an absolute twat on numerous occasions on the forum 

Proven to be true?

It's been proven about 50 times a week that referees and VAR is one massive shit show. You said 1% of the time a referee may lose his memory for 3 seconds.

I'm with @Rickon this one... 

4 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I actually think this is an excellent case in the "VAR vs EPL referees" debate.

Clearly its the shite officiating that's the problem. Both in the VAR room and on the pitch. 

The referee makes the mistake.  But he blows his whistle the second time  before the goal is scored so disalowing it was the right decision 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Proven to be true?

It's been proven about 50 times a week that referees and VAR is one massive shit show. You said 1% of the time a referee may lose his memory for 3 seconds.

I'm with @Rickon this one... 

Cant be bothered mate. You didn't even read the post properly.  I said it's been proven how you can forget something very quickly. 

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Seen the incident now. A few ex referees have said that he probably doesn't forget. He seems to loose focus for a second then realises the wall isn't set up right so blows again. When I saw it my impression was that he see's something then  blows again so I think that is what probably happened 

So he royaly fucked up in other words? And VAR being the absolute pointless bag of shit that it is failed yet again to do its job? 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

So he royaly fucked up in other words? And VAR being the absolute pointless bag of shit that it is failed yet again to do its job? 

He made a bad mistake yes. Which I said. But I also explained how he could of made it.  But var didn't make a mistake because he blew his whistle  the second time before the goal went in so it was the right decision to disalow it 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

That's good then, because you are 1 out of about 3 people left in the world who actually try to justify referees and VAR as being anything other than dogshit. 

Most surveys have found that a majority of fans want var to carry on but for improvements to be made so that is bollocks. It has clearly improved since last season. I saw it used in arsenals game the other day very well. If it was like that it would be fine. 

There should be serious considerations from the FA to remove or demote Mason from premier league football. 

Forgetting if you’ve blown the whistle or not surely has some grounds of not being fit to officiate a top tier league game. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

There should be serious considerations from the FA to remove or demote Mason from premier league football. 

Forgetting if you’ve blown the whistle or not surely has some grounds of not being fit to officiate a top tier league game. 

Except they wont because it then allows for scrutiny of other refs to be evaluated as well. Dangerous slope for the FA if that ever happens even if its in the better interest of the sport that it does.

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Except they wont because it then allows for scrutiny of other refs to be evaluated as well. Dangerous slope for the FA if that ever happens even if its in the better interest of the sport that it does.

They get evaluated and ranked anyway after each round of games by their seniors - the issue being one of their seniors is Mike Riley. 

It's another reason why it's best to take him out of the limelight. Give him a break and it might work out better. Of course, he might want to referee another game quickly so as to get this mistake out of the way, like a player/team would want to play a game quickly to get defeat out of the way. 

It has happened before - I know it took death threats for it to happen but Mike Dean was given a little break a couple of weeks ago. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

They get evaluated and ranked anyway after each round of games by their seniors - the issue being one of their seniors is Mike Riley. 

It's another reason why it's best to take him out of the limelight. Give him a break and it might work out better. Of course, he might want to referee another game quickly so as to get this mistake out of the way, like a player/team would want to play a game quickly to get defeat out of the way. 

It has happened before - I know it took death threats for it to happen but Mike Dean was given a little break a couple of weeks ago. 

I dont disagree that they are being evaluated but when something like what has happened occurs then you really have to wonder whether the current evaluation system is really doing its job. I don't disagree that people need a break from the limelight instead of putting them back on but something is broken in the system and it needs evaluation by an external party to determine whats best long-term.

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I dont disagree that they are being evaluated but when something like what has happened occurs then you really have to wonder whether the current evaluation system is really doing its job. I don't disagree that people need a break from the limelight instead of putting them back on but something is broken in the system and it needs evaluation by an external party to determine whats best long-term.

I agree mate. Been said for months, if not years (seasons) that there's something wrong with the hierarchy/system that PGMOL employ. 

Referees are far too arrogant to accept mistakes are made. We don't know how they're feeling when they have their meetings or reviews but not being able to directly listen to their perspective like we do with players/managers is also frustrating. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

I agree mate. Been said for months, if not years (seasons) that there's something wrong with the hierarchy/system that PGMOL employ. 

Referees are far too arrogant to accept mistakes are made. We don't know how they're feeling when they have their meetings or reviews but not being able to directly listen to their perspective like we do with players/managers is also frustrating. 

Its done in other sports now and I cant see why UEFA/FIFA are so against it to help players/managers/teams and even fans who spend hours debating the silliness of decisions sometimes. Sure, they have a ref on shows explaining decisions but imo thats a wasted exercise because they arent the ref on the field or the ones in the VAR room. Its always a reaction vs being proactive to the situation that just leads it down the path it is today. Maybe next season because I highly doubt they want to do something about it right now.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Its done in other sports now and I cant see why UEFA/FIFA are so against it to help players/managers/teams and even fans who spend hours debating the silliness of decisions sometimes. Sure, they have a ref on shows explaining decisions but imo thats a wasted exercise because they arent the ref on the field or the ones in the VAR room. Its always a reaction vs being proactive to the situation that just leads it down the path it is today. 

Yep, I very rarely see Peter Walton on BT Sport disagree with whatever a referee has done but having said that, even be couldn't work out what Lee Mason did yesterday xD

He's an awful referee, completely out of his depth and it's come to something when two clubs have almost begged the league not to put him on their games because he's that bad.

Had he forgotten he'd blown the whistle, that's ridiculous. Had he not given up because West Brom weren't ready, that's ridiculous. The advantage is on the attacking team and the onus is on West Brom to get themselves organized and pay attention. Mason allowed the quick free kick.

I don't think it's VAR's fault, they were put in an impossible position by an idiot.

7 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Lewis dunk asked him if he could take it and he blew his whistle, which is a pretty emphatic “yes” in anybody’s world.

What’s this shite talk of “oh he must have seen something last minute” ...he’s meant to look at positioning before giving the go ahead isn’t he? That’s literally part of his job, check it’s okay and if it is, then they can take the FK. He decided that it was okay to take the free kick in that moment and it should have stood. The two wall’s were in place, the goalkeeper was on his line, no issues. 

Lee Mason isn’t fit to do his job. He bumbles around the place, making wrong decisions left, right & centre. I’m absolutely sick to the back teeth of this league being officiated by fat buffoons like him. Can’t even be arsed to be in peak physical shape to do his job. Him  and John Moss, both clearly carrying extra pounds but they are refereeing one of the quickest & intense leagues in the world, that has to factor into their poor decision making. If they were fitter, they wouldn’t be making some of these decisions while grasping for breath. 

I just want to clarify, I thought the goal had been eventually disallowed by VAR for offside, which wasn’t the case. This one is all on Lee Mason. VAR is still shite in this league though. 

In any profession Lee Mason would be sacked due to gross incompetence. This isn't a one off. He's made terrible decisions game upon game for a number of years. It's never nice to see somebody lose their job but I wouldn't wish him on any fan base at any level of the football pyramid.

Archived