talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Brom 1-0 Brighton - Saturday 27th February, 2021

football forum

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, Rick said:

Lewis dunk asked him if he could take it and he blew his whistle, which is a pretty emphatic “yes” in anybody’s world.

What’s this shite talk of “oh he must have seen something last minute” ...he’s meant to look at positioning before giving the go ahead isn’t he? That’s literally part of his job, check it’s okay and if it is, then they can take the FK. He decided that it was okay to take the free kick in that moment and it should have stood. The two wall’s were in place, the goalkeeper was on his line, no issues. 

Lee Mason isn’t fit to do his job. He bumbles around the place, making wrong decisions left, right & centre. I’m absolutely sick to the back teeth of this league being officiated by fat buffoons like him. Can’t even be arsed to be in peak physical shape to do his job. Him  and John Moss, both clearly carrying extra pounds but they are refereeing one of the quickest & intense leagues in the world, that has to factor into their poor decision making. If they were fitter, they wouldn’t be making some of these decisions while grasping for breath. 

I just want to clarify, I thought the goal had been eventually disallowed by VAR for offside, which wasn’t the case. This one is all on Lee Mason. VAR is still shite in this league though. 

This is what I can't fathom, either. He's blown the whistle so surely the process before that first whistle is checking everything, and as soon as that (first) whistle is blown, that's the cue for the team to take the free-kick, because that's who the advantage is for in that situation.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

There isn't any defending this one I'm afraid. I think the issue was that he blew the whistle before the goalkeeper was ready, apparently realised immediately and blew again to pull back play. That makes sense in itself, so why did he/they need to dick around for 5 minutes deciding what to do if he knew at the point of his second whistle blow that it should be a retaken free kick? Everyone makes mistakes, I just don't get why all the indecision afterwards.

5 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

One of the biggest issues here is that Lee Mason will be given a couple of weeks off full pay, while I fully expect Lewis Dunk to face an FA misconduct charge for questioning the decision. That’s how utterly out of touch they are.

No chance. He'll be the referee for Cardiff vs. Derby on Tuesday. 

Archived