talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mike Bohan's Q&A - Never Happened. Slashed Dividends Instead.

football forum

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 26/02/2021 at 22:44, The Palace Fan said:

I'm lost for words. Cancelling a Q&A wirh the CEO at half five on a Friday. I've never known a company shoot themselves so many times in the foot.

No updates on this for a week, then at 6:30 on friday night they suspend the market with no explanation.

Imagine if they're only suspending it because they're worried about the reaction to another delay xD

It's almost 7:30 now and still nothing.

33 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

No updates on this for a week, then at 6:30 on friday night they suspend the market with no explanation.

Imagine if they're only suspending it because they're worried about the reaction to another delay xD

It's almost 7:30 now and still nothing.

I'm not even surprised any more.

13 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Oh dear. Twitter is blowing up. Massive dividend reduction @...Dan

Yep. I don't really know what to say right now. The only glimmer of positivity for me is that the players I hold are bottom end players who will have a better chance of winning dividends now. I can see the top end crashing dramatically though, and everyone else will follow.

Not quite sure what has or hasn't happened, but I've always thought that Football Index was a bit dodgy from the beginning when the company behind it could literally move the goal-posts and make your investments worthless. At least with the real stock market you know where you stand and what you're backing, I just didn't feel comfortable with Football Index as a long term plan so cancelled my subscription about 10 minutes after signing up. 

In a nutshell, what have they done now? I've just had a look on Twitter and can see people are in full meltdown but struggling to see what the issue is from the outside looking in.

45 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Not quite sure what has or hasn't happened, but I've always thought that Football Index was a bit dodgy from the beginning when the company behind it could literally move the goal-posts and make your investments worthless. At least with the real stock market you know where you stand and what you're backing, I just didn't feel comfortable with Football Index as a long term plan so cancelled my subscription about 10 minutes after signing up. 

In a nutshell, what have they done now? I've just had a look on Twitter and can see people are in full meltdown but struggling to see what the issue is from the outside looking in.

Your first paragraph summed up the scenario well xD 

Essentially last Saturday Bruno could have won up to 33p per share on a match day. From tomorrow he could win up to 3p. You'd be lucky to get more than 50p a season.

The more I think how they've treated people actually makes me feel sick. It seems like nobody here was over exposed but there's plenty of people using this as a savings account. There will be marriages ruined and people feeling suicidal over some of these losses. How dare they treat people like this.

958355486_Screenshot_20210306-071941_FootballINDEX.thumb.jpg.b7534e555c39d151db6a178f5637de3b.jpg

I don't see how they recover from this.

I imagine some of the senior figureheads like Mike Bohan and Adam Cole will be looking over their shoulder for years because of this. The constant lies for the past year have been staggering. Some people have effectively parted with five and six figures based on their comms which have proven to be lies.

They've basically reset the platform back to where it was a few years ago, at the expense of the loyal customers, in order to attract new customers (in other countries maybe?)

They've been minting shares at £6+ in the top players for the last month or so, knowing that they were going to do this. Making people think there will be positive steps taken so they'll put more money in, which FI will use to fund their rebuild/pay their wages.

Looking at the dividend structure and the prices now, if I was just discovering FI, I'd be interested. I prefer the new dividend structure because it gives value to every player, as long as they play regularly. The problem is they have lost the trust of the current userbase. A userbase that has been so loyal in the past year or so when things have been far from perfect. It's a betrayal, it's disgusting. You can't rebuild your product by fucking over the people that have made it so successful.

21 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

They've basically reset the platform back to where it was a few years ago, at the expense of the loyal customers, in order to attract new customers (in other countries maybe?)

They've been minting shares at £6+ in the top players for the last month or so, knowing that they were going to do this. Making people think there will be positive steps taken so they'll put more money in, which FI will use to fund their rebuild/pay their wages.

Looking at the dividend structure and the prices now, if I was just discovering FI, I'd be interested. I prefer the new dividend structure because it gives value to every player, as long as they play regularly. The problem is they have lost the trust of the current userbase. A userbase that has been so loyal in the past year or so when things have been far from perfect. It's a betrayal, it's disgusting. You can't rebuild your product by fucking over the people that have made it so successful.

If I hadn’t the experience with FI and wasn’t aware of current issues, the platform looks good and you’d be tempted to chuck some money in. Knowing what I do, there’s no way I will be because they’ll probably change it again in a couple of months.

40 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

If I hadn’t the experience with FI and wasn’t aware of current issues, the platform looks good and you’d be tempted to chuck some money in. Knowing what I do, there’s no way I will be because they’ll probably change it again in a couple of months.

Yeah, exactly. I think the only way this can be turned around is if they get bought out. The current team can't be trusted anymore.

Saying that though, I have just bought more shares. I won £18 in dividends a few days ago, so I put that into some very low bids. Bid for 290 Bennacer shares (4p, 188 accepted) and 300 Amrabat (2p, 0 accepted so far). I won't be depositing any more though.

@The Palace FanFan  I think you're the only other person here who still has money in? What are you doing? Did you try to sell when the market opened this morning? Not bother even trying? Or thinking of taking a risk on some bargains?

11 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Yeah, exactly. I think the only way this can be turned around is if they get bought out. The current team can't be trusted anymore.

Saying that though, I have just bought more shares. I won £18 in dividends a few days ago, so I put that into some very low bids. Bid for 290 Bennacer shares (4p, 188 accepted) and 300 Amrabat (2p, 0 accepted so far). I won't be depositing any more though.

@The Palace FanFan  I think you're the only other person here who still has money in? What are you doing? Did you try to sell when the market opened this morning? Not bother even trying? Or thinking of taking a risk on some bargains?

I'm leaving the money there. Get what I can out these parasites. No way am I giving them commission or another penny. It wouldn't surprise me if it's them buying these players at the minute.

7 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm leaving the money there. Get what I can out these parasites. No way am I giving them commission or another penny. It wouldn't surprise me if it's them buying these players at the minute.

Yeah, that's the right thing to do. There's really no point in selling right now if you're not desperate for the money. And yeah, it wouldn't surprise me either.

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Rafa Honnegstein has forwarded the information on to his employers and now Joey D'urso is writing a piece for The Athletic on it. I've got a feeling this is going to blow up. I've heard stories of people losing 60k+ a time they've lost relatives to covid. No way should they be allowed to get away with this.

• 2 months later...

Archived