Kick-off 12.00

Live on BT Sport

image.png     VS     1200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

Recent Form
Leicester - LWDWW
Arsenal - WLDWL

Last 3 Meetings
25/10/2020 - Arsenal 0-1 Leicester
23/09/2020 - Leicester 0-2 Arsenal (EFL)
07/07/2020 - Arsenal 1-1 Leicester

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I was really confident of this before Thursday. The worry for me now is that we look shattered. You could see it against Villa as we dropped off massively in the game, but it was even more evident on Thursday. Merge that with a general lack of any creativity available for us and I think there's a decent chance we drop points in this.

I'm a bit torn how I feel about things. We're the only team in the league who has been in the top 4 from the first weekend and to drop out again would be a bad look. I sort of feel like it's inevitable though, the squad is being pushed to the max.

Thankfully Arsenal haven't got it much better, but we look noticeably tired.

• Administrator

As expected, for us.

Kasper

Castagne - Evans - Soyuncu - Thomas

Ndidi - Tielemans

Ricardo - Iheanacho - Barnes

Vardy

No Aubameyang, Saka, Odegaard for Arsenal. Willian starts which means he plays his best game in an Arsenal shirt so far...

Absolutely farcical starting XI by Arteta, fortunately missing this one due to work. I know we was in Greece on Thursday, but we don't play a game midweek. Surely he could've gone a bit stronger against a very tough opponent away from home? We'll be lucky to get anything from this. 

1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Absolutely farcical starting XI by Arteta, fortunately missing this one due to work. I know we was in Greece on Thursday, but we don't play a game midweek. Surely he could've gone a bit stronger against a very tough opponent away from home? We'll be lucky to get anything from this. 

Given up on the league ain’t he? 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

VAR used perfectly well there. Won't hear a peep about it though. Not the done thing to do. 

I mean, the whole point of VAR is so we don’t have confusion and get the right decision. That’s clearly not been the case since it’s introduction last season. I’m not going to praise it for getting decisions right when we have some of the farcical shit we see still happening. 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, shut up said:

Pepe roasting that Thomas guy. Need Saka on for Willian at HT

Finally, Thomas is booked, after about 10 fouls on Pepe. He'll be lucky to see the game out 

10 xD

Just a couple of dives by Pepe in that too. 

Anyway, I think Thomas will be brought off anyway and have Castagne on the left, Ricardo on the right. 

• Administrator
Just now, shut up said:

How on earth are Leicester struggling against our second string at home? xD

If  you can't work that out then you don't really know much about football. 

30 minutes ago, Stan said:

VAR used perfectly well there. Won't hear a peep about it though. Not the done thing to do. 

It was used well for both penalty decisions. If you only remember when it is used badly though you will have a negative view of it 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

And again :ph34r:

I agree. 

Just now, shut up said:

You're bottling just like every season. You always run out of steam xD

Every season? What you on about xD

Last season was the first time we've bottled anything so you can take that shit out the window. 

We look fucking knackered. Europa League schedule, thin squad, injuries to key players. No wonder your second string are doing better cos they're perhaps fresher and haven't played as much? I know you're quite a biased fan but it's not rocket science to ask why you're doing better than us right now. 

• Subscriber

We've been pretty dire. I get playing on the counter here but I feel like we've had about 10 touches of the ball all half. With Arsenal's bench too I can't see us getting anything from this now.

• Subscriber

Problem here is they've got some of their best players on tbe bench. We've got next to nothing.

Once again a completely passive January, despite suffering a quite key injury that month I think is quite likely to cost us.

Robbie savage and Martin keown saying we are bad defensively. But we have the joint fourth best defence in the league which is good for a team that is 11th. Clearly defence isn't the problem 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived