talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City 1-3 Arsenal - Sunday 28th February, 2021

football forum

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Stan if we use var for yellow cards it will be used all the time and the game will slow down to much. Dont agree with you on that mate. And I dont think we can use it for specific yellow cards like simulation.

You're missing the point mate - I mean make it an offence more than yellow. Clear, blatant simulation deserves more than a yellow. We're not talking about a debatable 'was there contact' when someone has gone in for a tackle.

Today was clear, outright cheating in trying to con the referee in to giving a free-kick. And it worked.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Stan said:

You're missing the point mate - I mean make it an offence more than yellow. Clear, blatant simulation deserves more than a yellow. We're not talking about a debatable 'was there contact' when someone has gone in for a tackle.

Today was clear, outright cheating in trying to con the referee in to giving a free-kick. And it worked.

Theres cheating all the time though mate. Not just simulation. Are we gonna do it for all of the offenses? 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Theres cheating all the time though mate. Not just simulation. Are we gonna do it for all of the offenses? 

If it's something as blatant as today, then yes.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

If it's something as blatant as today, then yes.

I kind of agree if we are talking about all forms of cheating. However then all we will here is a debate on was it clear and obvious xD

• Subscriber

Barnes out a minimum of 6 weeks. Our luck has been absolutely abysmal this season with injuries. It's the wrong player at the wrong time always.

If we make the top 4 this season we've done remarkably well.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Dan said:

Barnes out a minimum of 6 weeks. Our luck has been absolutely abysmal this season with injuries. It's the wrong player at the wrong time always.

If we make the top 4 this season we've done remarkably well.

It'd be typical of us to be in the top 4 all season (and the only club to do this) and not finish there by the end of the season :( 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

It'd be typical of us to be in the top 4 all season (and the only club to do this) and not finish there by the end of the season :( 

That's essentially what happened last season isn't it, we'd been up there pretty much from the start and fell out on either the last or penultimate game.

I'm braced for similar. These injuries are ridiculous but crucially - Vardy actually has slowed down now IMO. That foot race against Pablo Mari, he just doesn't lose that a year ago.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Dan said:

That's essentially what happened last season isn't it, we'd been up there pretty much from the start and fell out on either the last or penultimate game.

I'm braced for similar. These injuries are ridiculous but crucially - Vardy actually has slowed down now IMO. That foot race against Pablo Mari, he just doesn't lose that a year ago.

Yep, but this season our injuries have just taken the piss so if it's happens again (and I pray it doesn't), there's a valid reason (not excuse) as to why it has.

I don't think Vardy is fully fit. Had that hernia op and hasn't looked right since. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yep, but this season our injuries have just taken the piss so if it's happens again (and I pray it doesn't), there's a valid reason (not excuse) as to why it has.

I don't think Vardy is fully fit. Had that hernia op and hasn't looked right since. 

I never expected us to be this high up this season, I thought the Europa League would take its toll. I think it's starting to now and it's quite plausible we do drop off. I've gone from thinking we can hurt anybody to struggling to see where we'll score from against Burnley.

We just simply never had the squad to deal with it. Said it before and I'll say it again, we should've done something to react to the Praet injury in January.

The next three should be some points but it won't be easy with this many out.

• The topic was unpinned
On 28/02/2021 at 08:33, RandoEFC said:

Leicester should start counting how many different centre back pairings they've had this season, then the media might actually pay more than lip service to their injuries this season. They had literally an entire back four missing when we played them in December and yet you knew nothing about it before the game. 

Zzzzzzzzzzz.:coffee:

For what it's worth Leicester's injuries this season have been awful.

Their players have missed 102 games this season.

That's worse than 18 other clubs in the Prem.

Only Liverpool have more with 204.

That's twice as many.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Zzzzzzzzzzz.:coffee:

For what it's worth Leicester's injuries this season have been awful.

Their players have missed 102 games this season.

That's worse than 18 other clubs in the Prem.

Only Liverpool have more with 204.

That's twice as many.

Ah you saw that stat as well.

Apparently, that takes in to account all of your games in all competitions, but only our league games.

So, if you don't mind me saying, it's a bit skewed and misleading to report that :) 

I’m surprised Smith-Rowe started against Leicester seeing as Arteta was trying to give a significant break to a group of key attacking players, was listening to the Handbreak Off podcast and they spent most of it talking about Saka potentially burning out.

Made good points also about Odegaard’s lack of forward passing, was expecting more of him tbh as he didn’t look that good against Benfica. Just tidy in possession but a lot of sideways passing

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ah you saw that stat as well.

Apparently, that takes in to account all of your games in all competitions, but only our league games.

So, if you don't mind me saying, it's a bit skewed and misleading to report that :) 

It was more aimed at Rando's little snipe about the media only paying us lip service because we complain more than Leicester do.

It does put things in perspective though, Leicester's injury woes have been awful, imagine where you would be if you'd had twice as many.:what:

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

It was more aimed at Rando's little snipe about the media only paying us lip service because we complain more than Leicester do.

It does put things in perspective though, Leicester's injury woes have been awful, imagine where you would be if you'd had twice as many.:what:

You do :ph34r:

On 28/02/2021 at 07:50, Stan said:

We look fucking knackered. Europa League schedule, thin squad, injuries to key players. No wonder your second string are doing better cos they're perhaps fresher and haven't played as much? I know you're quite a biased fan but it's not rocket science to ask why you're doing better than us right now. 

On 28/02/2021 at 08:08, Stan said:

Another injury ffs. Barnes looks fucked here. 

On 28/02/2021 at 08:29, Stan said:

Evans injured too. 

On 28/02/2021 at 08:30, Stan said:

Yeah but look at the size of your squad ffs. Great when you have the experience and regularity of it isn't it? 

22 hours ago, Stan said:

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

You do :ph34r:

That's just this thread.

I'd hate to see what you were like if you became a moaner?:whistling:

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

That's just this thread.

I'd hate to see what you were like if you became a moaner?:whistling:

Well done on quoting some posts. I could go back in to several Liverpool threads and pick up on countless posts about your injuries made by Liverpool fans.

My main point anyway is that the media tend to have focussed on Liverpool injuries, as opposed to anyone else's, as if they're the only ones that have had severe injuries affect their squad. 

You do seem to get very defensive and take things personally xD 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Well done on quoting some posts. I could go back in to several Liverpool threads and pick up on countless posts about your injuries made by Liverpool fans.

My main point anyway is that the media tend to have focussed on Liverpool injuries, as opposed to anyone else's, as if they're the only ones that have had severe injuries affect their squad. 

You do seem to get very defensive and take things personally xD 

Right because the media are so sympathetic to Liverpool? xD

Do you think that just maybe the media have talked about our injuries more than other clubs because our injuries have been much worse than other clubs, including Leicester?

Anyway I really didn't want to resurrect the injury crisis, I only commented because of Rando's little snipe.

Leicester's injuries have been awful, it's no consolation in knowing that another club has suffered worse.

...................and just wanted to point out that you can moan with the best of them mate.9_9

• Subscriber

There is also the quite obvious point that goes under the radar in that a club of Liverpool's stature would in theory be able to deal with injuries and player unavailability better than we can. This is where our lack of depth gets exposed somewhat.

This season was always likely to be ridiculously hard. We've had years of being told how we need to have a winter break for X reason (which they've bizarrely caved in on) but now we're playing a 'normal' season in a months less time, on the back of a 6 week preseason where everyone played another cluster of crammed games, with a Euros at the end of it.

Injury crises were always likely this season. Ours doesn't surprise me one bit even if we have been unlucky, neither does Liverpool's, or anybodys for that matter.

On another note I'd be interested in knowing finer details of why we let our physio of 20 years go in the summer. I mean it's not a great look.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

There is also the quite obvious point that goes under the radar in that a club of Liverpool's stature would in theory be able to deal with injuries and player unavailability better than we can. This is where our lack of depth gets exposed somewhat.

This season was always likely to be ridiculously hard. We've had years of being told how we need to have a winter break for X reason (which they've bizarrely caved in on) but now we're playing a 'normal' season in a months less time, on the back of a 6 week preseason where everyone played another cluster of crammed games, with a Euros at the end of it.

Injury crises were always likely this season. Ours doesn't surprise me one bit even if we have been unlucky, neither does Liverpool's, or anybodys for that matter.

On another note I'd be interested in knowing finer details of why we let our physio of 20 years go in the summer. I mean it's not a great look.

Was he sacked? Or did he retire? I uh... wouldn’t blame the club if he left due to retirement.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Was he sacked? Or did he retire? I uh... wouldn’t blame the club if he left due to retirement.

Sacked. There was some talk it was linked to team sheet leaks (although they've happened a few times this season too). We'll probably never know the full truth of what happened, or enough to even say what was the right and wrong decision, but it was always one of those decisions that could look a little silly given how this season was likely to pan out - even if it wasn't wrong to do it.

Did seem a bit harsh to me though. Doesn't look like whatever alternative we had has worked at all.

Archived