talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City 1-3 Arsenal - Sunday 28th February, 2021

football forum

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Dan said:

Sacked. There was some talk it was linked to team sheet leaks (although they've happened a few times this season too). We'll probably never know the full truth of what happened, or enough to even say what was the right and wrong decision, but it was always one of those decisions that could look a little silly given how this season was likely to pan out - even if it wasn't wrong to do it.

Did seem a bit harsh to me though. Doesn't look like whatever alternative we had has worked at all.

Can't seem harsh if we don't know the full truth of it.

We have no idea what's happened behind the scenes and if it was personal/private matter or something wrong that he'd been found to do/been doing in the club, then it might have been the only option :what:?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Remember when a certain poster used to get angry about trolls and wums? Seems it’s do as I say, not as I do.....

You are "supposed" to be a mod on here mate.

I posted figures to show how our injuries were double Leicester's and even more than everyone else's, would you like to point out how in your unbiased opinion how that is considered a WUM?

Seriously it just comes across as tiresome (not to mention hypocritical) to bang on about me when you say fuck all when it's one of your cronies moaning or WUMing.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I posted figures to show how our injuries were double Leicester's and even more than everyone else's, would you like to point out how in your unbiased opinion how that is considered a WUM?

Seriously it just comes across as tiresome (not to mention hypocritical) to bang on about me when you say fuck all when it's one of your cronies moaning or WUMing.

But ultimately misleading :) 

14 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Whatever mate, if you have got any figures that show Leicester's injuries are anywhere close to Liverpool's this season then let's see 'em? :coffee:

That's not the point. If you want to make a comparison thats fair, favorable or not, you have to use the same sample. I'd get an immediate F at uni if I submitted a paper comparing injuries across sports using a different sample size. 

"Yeah team A got 30 injuries. Team B got 10. Clearly sport B is safer for athletes."
"What were the sample sizes of games?"
"2000 and 16"
"Get out"

5 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

That's not the point. If you want to make a comparison thats fair, favorable or not, you have to use the same sample. I'd get an immediate F at uni if I submitted a paper comparing injuries across sports using a different sample size. 

"Yeah team A got 30 injuries. Team B got 10. Clearly sport B is safer for athletes."
"What were the sample sizes of games?"
"2000 and 16"
"Get out"

In all honesty I couldn't give a monkey's about injuries at other clubs mate, I'm sure supporters of other clubs feel the same.

I had no intention of revisiting the subject of injuries, but after hearing Stan moan and moan yesterday and then Rando rabbit on about the media ignoring Leicester's injuries I figured I'd try to explain why they talk about our injuries more than other clubs not hurt anywhere as badly as us.:what:

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

In all honesty I couldn't give a monkey's about injuries at other clubs mate, I'm sure supporters of other clubs feel the same.

I had no intention of revisiting the subject of injuries, but after hearing Stan moan and moan yesterday and then Rando rabbit on about the media ignoring Leicester's injuries I figured I'd try to explain why they talk about our injuries more than other clubs not hurt anywhere as badly as us.:what:

This is what I would like to contest (if I'm allowed?)

Euw-PaxXMAUAhjp?format=jpg&name=900x900

Ignore the bit at the bottom.

This is as of 21st Feb. Since then, Barnes has picked up an injury until mid-April. Maddison and Evans again out for who knows how long.

Ndidi, Soyuncu, Praet, Pereira, Justin, Castagne, Amartey - all first-team players or who have made a number of appearances in the squads - long-term injuries and have missed big chunks of the season, or currently are

Vardy, Fofana, Evans - key players that have been out for significant period of time.

So yeah, remind me how we're not hurt as badly as you?

What you think we're doing - downplaying Liverpool's injury crisis and acting like you've not missed your centre-backs at all and various other players, too.

What I am/we're actually doing - trying to make you realise it's not just Liverpool who have such a crisis, and other clubs do suffer as badly as you do. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

This is what I would like to contest (if I'm allowed?)

Euw-PaxXMAUAhjp?format=jpg&name=900x900

Ignore the bit at the bottom.

This is as of 21st Feb. Since then, Barnes has picked up an injury until mid-April. Maddison and Evans again out for who knows how long.

Ndidi, Soyuncu, Praet, Pereira, Justin, Castagne, Amartey - all first-team players or who have made a number of appearances in the squads - long-term injuries and have missed big chunks of the season, or currently are

Vardy, Fofana, Evans - key players that have been out for significant period of time.

So yeah, remind me how we're not hurt as badly as you?

What you think we're doing - downplaying Liverpool's injury crisis and acting like you've not missed your centre-backs at all and various other players, too.

What I am/we're actually doing - trying to make you realise it's not just Liverpool who have such a crisis, and other clubs do suffer as badly as you do. 

I posted the stats Stan, 204 missed games for us, half that total for Leicester, you say they are "misleading" fair enough, so how many games have Leicester players missed?

If not half as many then how many? 

1 hour ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Ah diddums. Cry me a river. Your condescending bullshit is tiresome. Me being a mod has fuck all to do with it. Anywho, I’ve put you on ignore now to keep you in your safe space of having people not disagree with you. Fingers crossed you get it over it like the injuries you keep harping on about :)

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I posted the stats Stan, 204 missed games for us, half that total for Leicester, you say they are "misleading" fair enough, so how many games have Leicester players missed?

If not half as many then how many? 

164 by my working out.

If only we had the likes of Salah, Firmino and Mane to bail us out eh...

• Subscriber

So what's that Liverpool have had this season: most centre back pairings in the world, most games missed in total by injured players, most touches per times fouled for Mo Salah, most made up irrelevant statistics that nobody's ever heard of until they became a good excuse to distract from huge losses in form of several key players who haven't been injured this season, did I miss any?

*This is mostly a wind up by the way, just in case it upsets anyone.*

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

164 by my working out.

If only we had the likes of Salah, Firmino and Mane to bail us out eh...

Whatever Stan, but even if you are right about it being 164 and if ours hasn't increased since the 204 was posted we can both agree that we have lost quite a few more games to injury than everyone else as I've always maintained.

Anyway, I've been down this road before on here, you spend pages yesterday using injuries as an excuse for playing shite, anyone else on here does that and they are moaners.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Whatever Stan, but even if you are right about it being 164 and if ours hasn't increased since the 204 was posted we can both agree that we have lost quite a few more games to injury than everyone else as I've always maintained.

Anyway, I've been down this road before on here, you spend pages yesterday using injuries as an excuse for playing shite, anyone else on here does that and they are moaners.

To be fair, anyone else on here would acknowledge that other teams have it quite bad too. You seem so hell-bent on believing it's only really Liverpool that have suffered badly that it's literally pointless debating it with you any more. I'd find it more productive talking to a brick wall, to be honest. 

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

So what's that Liverpool have had this season: most centre back pairings in the world, most games missed in total by injured players, most touches per times fouled for Mo Salah, most made up irrelevant statistics that nobody's ever heard of until they became a good excuse to distract from huge losses in form of several key players who haven't been injured this season, did I miss any?

*This is mostly a wind up by the way, just in case it upsets anyone.*

Certainly not me mate, It's been a long time since I got upset by someone yapping on a football forum.xD

Have we had more CB pairings? more long term injuries? well yes, clearly anyone with an ounce of objectivity can see that is true.

7 hours ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

For what it's worth Leicester's injuries this season have been awful.

6 hours ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Leicester's injury woes have been awful, 

5 hours ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Leicester's injuries have been awful, it's no consolation in knowing that another club has suffered worse.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

To be fair, anyone else on here would acknowledge that other teams have it quite bad too. You seem so hell-bent on believing it's only really Liverpool that have suffered badly that it's literally pointless debating it with you any more. I'd find it more productive talking to a brick wall, to be honest. 

Maybe if you had actually read what I'd posted?:whistling:

16 minutes ago, Storts said:

Guys can we stay on topic please. This is about the game between Leicester and Arsenal. Thanks.

Anymore off topic posts and there will be bans for @Stan, @DeadLinesman, @Scouse_Mouse and @RandoEFC.

Thanks.

The People's Mod Team

Shut the fuck up and finish your list. It’s been 2 years. Any more insubordination and you’ll be getting a week off sunshine. 

• Subscriber

So just to clarify, we've had players out for 80% of what Liverpool had, nowhere near 80% of their resources yet currently sit above them in the table. Well I'm glad we got that settled then. The coping with injury super league is ours.

Archived