• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 0-0 Man Utd - Sunday 28th February, 2021

football forum

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Chelsea 0-0 Man Utd - Sunday 28th February, 2021

It's mad that you can have the commentators casually (and completely correctly) say "that would've been a penalty a few months ago". We can bicker about whether we want that to be a penalty, but it's absolutely horrendous that they've repeatedly changed the rules mid-season. Genuinely no point having VAR to get decisions "right" if you're going to do that.

8 hours ago, Devil said:

Tough game this one, as a gambling man I work off law of average at times and given we've won our last three at the bridge it gives me great concern they are due a result against us there. 

I just hope we attack the game, this season Ole seems to have taken a different approach into the big games and we've had a few none shows. 

Wouldnt be surprised if that were the case today, 0-0.

Called it, bore draw 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Apparently this is only the second time that this fixture has finished goalless in both league games since 1921-22

Coincidently the same year @CaaC (John) was born... 

Bit of a drab affair by all accounts... 

Bloody hell I had no idea @CaaC (John) was younger than you :o 

• Administrator

Apparently Solskjaer has said there's a conspiracy against Man Utd in not getting penalties :what:

Says managers are influencing referees with their comments in interviews/press conferences.

Yet has he not just done the same?

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Apparently this is only the second time that this fixture has finished goalless in both league games since 1921-22

Coincidently the same year @CaaC (John) was born... 

Bit of a drab affair by all accounts... 

If the match was on live I could not be arsed watching it, I was hoping for a 3-1 win for United so I would get some points in Stan's prediction game but I had that gut feeling it was going to be a boring 0-0, the media are raving on that Ole has not lost away for 20 league matches, cometh the day, cometh the match City v United, then...

899092b995de7e9c3dd640db4b2dcc3b.gif

5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

If the match was on live I could not be arsed watching it, I was hoping for a 3-1 win for United so I would get some points in Stan's prediction game but I had that gut feeling it was going to be a boring 0-0, the media are raving on that Ole has not lost away for 20 league matches, cometh the day, cometh the match City v United, then...

899092b995de7e9c3dd640db4b2dcc3b.gif

I was at work so missed it all, didn't miss much though by all accounts

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Pretty poor first half. With Jorginho out we lose a lot of control. Kante a shadow of he once was. 

Need changes up top more than anything. No dynamism or directness. Easy to defend against. Werner or Pulisic needed. 

Yeah, big goal getter turbo timo is gonna get you the win mate.

Making all the difference fluffing a chance from 2 yards.

2 hours ago, God is Haaland said:

Which one?

ask the ref ya monotonous cunt,  by the sounds of things coming from the commentators the fa has been diddling with the handball rules monthly, but of course none of this will change your response; ‘WHiCh oNe??,.!"?

35 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Yeah, big goal getter turbo timo is gonna get you the win mate.

Making all the difference fluffing a chance from 2 yards.

missing from two yards is mor exciting than missing from 2 metres, just a pinch closer

12 minutes ago, Spike said:

ask the ref ya monotonous cunt,  by the sounds of things coming from the commentators the fa has been diddling with the handball rules monthly, but of course none of this will change your response; ‘WHiCh oNe??,.!"?

So what you're saying is "The referee has interpreted the rule correctly", but you don't even know what the rule says. Interesting take.

Just now, God is Haaland said:

:35_thinking:

didnt say he made the right choice, now did I? just that the ref made a call on their own prerogative, whether or not that tickles your ballsack doesnt mean anything to me, out of all the people on the planet, explayers too, only have your nuts up your arse about this

:coffee: 

Haaland boy, how is it fucking hard to understand what Spike is saying. He's saying, that looking at the incident contextually, the players were basically fucking holding hands and it's hard to give a penalty when the handball doesn't effect the play whatsoever, as if CHOs hand disappeared the only thing that would happen is the defender would hand ball it instead. 

Look at the penalty Juventus got against Atalanta earlier this season. It's dumb shit like that we the fans want to avoid. The ref is right to use his head. 

8 minutes ago, Devil said:

Alarming statistic. 

Against the top 6 this season. 

Played - 7

Scored - 1

Conceded - 7

Disgusting from United it's like we are setting out for nil nil draws from the off. 

Can see that being scored 1 conceded 10 after the Citeh game if I’m honest.

24 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Can see that being scored 1 conceded 10 after the Citeh game if I’m honest.

Can't get my head around it me, if anything you could argue this season we've got a better attack than previous years. 

Total lack of ambition in these games, I'd much rather we go out to attack and have a go and win a few and lose a few than all these pointless bore draws. 

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, Devil said:

Alarming statistic. 

Against the top 6 this season. 

Played - 7

Scored - 1

Conceded - 7

Disgusting from United it's like we are setting out for nil nil draws from the off. 

Huh? You scored 2 against us though?

Oh wait, you mean the 'big six' 

:( 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Huh? You scored 2 against us though?

Oh wait, you mean the 'big six' 

:( 

No disrespect mate, I think you are better than a few of the teams but the media talk up the other games more. 

It also doesn't sound as bad if I included Leicester so for now in order to keep my statistics shocking I won't be including you. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Devil said:

No disrespect mate, I think you are better than a few of the teams but the media talk up the other games more. 

It also doesn't sound as bad if I included Leicester so for now in order to keep my statistics shocking I won't be including you. 

Agendas, agendas everywhere...

:ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived