Also great thread idea mate.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Congrats on the double trouble ;) 

Very happy for you mate.

Thanks man.

Twin girls...

• Like 1

A. I hope you enjoyed your last 8 hour sleep

B. You are incredibly blessed. Personally, having a daughter is a miracle. But having twin daughters? Lucky bastard. 

C. Go on as many walks as you can. Stress is going to build and nothing better than a long walk with the family. This personally saved me from going insane. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Holy moly. Twins!

Ok so advice:

1. Have a room that either of your can sleep in for an hour that doesn't have babies in it.

2. Download a couple of engaging mobile phone games and podcasts. Your downtime is important, but alot of it will now coincide with holding a tired baby. So plan for something you can do from the armchair in the babies room for a bit of escapism.

3. Buy your partner 60 minutes peace each day by taking the kids out for a walk without her. Women can experience a crushing pressure from the dependance, and having some time where they can still feel like themselves is huge.

4. With twins, it may be 6 months before your next shag. Prepare yourself, and try to be understanding.

5. BUY SHIT SECOND HAND ON FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE OR GUMTREE. Anything to improve your situation, just buy it.

6. Twins will pay dividends down the line. They'll be great playmates, which will make your life easier.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Harry said:

Holy moly. Twins!

Ok so advice:

1. Have a room that either of your can sleep in for an hour that doesn't have babies in it.

2. Download a couple of engaging mobile phone games and podcasts. Your downtime is important, but alot of it will now coincide with holding a tired baby. So plan for something you can do from the armchair in the babies room for a bit of escapism.

3. Buy your partner 60 minutes peace each day by taking the kids out for a walk without her. Women can experience a crushing pressure from the dependance, and having some time where they can still feel like themselves is huge.

4. With twins, it may be 6 months before your next shag. Prepare yourself, and try to be understanding.

5. BUY SHIT SECOND HAND ON FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE OR GUMTREE. Anything to improve your situation, just buy it.

6. Twins will pay dividends down the line. They'll be great playmates, which will make your life easier.

Thanks mate. Appreciate it. Haven’t had a shag for ages anyway so I’ll be fine lol 

On 27/02/2021 at 07:51, Toinho said:

So.... late on the 24th of February I joined the parenting club. 

Thought maybe we could have a thread offering advice/crying/rejoicing or letting off steam 🤷‍♂️

That's my birthday, congrats my man

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Toinho said:

Thanks mate. Appreciate it. Haven’t had a shag for ages anyway so I’ll be fine lol 

For me that was one of the tougher bits. Was similarly lean during pregnancy, but was hoping the dry spell would end straight after.

On 02/03/2021 at 03:59, Viva la FCB said:

Congrats man, exciting new chapter. 

On 02/03/2021 at 18:10, Pyfish said:

Congratulations! I'm not a Dad yet myself but I honestly can't wait for it. 

2 hours ago, Cazza said:

Congratulations :congrats::twothumbsup:

2 hours ago, Batard said:

Congrats @Toinho, daughters are the best (I'm biased though!)

Thanks all! 

2 hours ago, Batard said:

Congrats @Toinho, daughters are the best (I'm biased though!)

xD Totally disagree.... 

They are a nightmare... I love mine to death but they are one giant volcano of emotions just waiting to erupt at any second... Good thing is though just like a volcano you can see the smoke and feel the rumblings before it actually erupts, my advice would be to build yourself a man cave like me and run for cover as soon as you see the signs.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

xD Totally disagree.... 

They are a nightmare... I love mine to death but they are one giant volcano of emotions just waiting to erupt at any second... Good thing is though just like a volcano you can see the smoke and feel the rumblings before it actually erupts, my advice would be to build yourself a man cave like me and run for cover as soon as you see the signs.. 

Had to laugh at that, I remember when our daughter was around 3 and a bit sitting on the floor playing with our son's shoes, he was 4 and a bit then but he kept annoying her with his feet and singing whatever lying on his back and she kept saying "STOP IT..." he wouldn't and continued on annoying her and she kept saying "I said STOP IT!!!!"

I could foresee what she was going to do and I was just ready to tell him but I was too late, she whopped him a shot with his shoe right on his nose, well, him with a bloody nose bawling his eyes out and the daughter saying "I TOLD YOU TO STOP IT!!".

The aftermath was I got it all from the wife who was in the kitchen at the time, came running in, saw the blood and gave me hell for letting it happen.   xD

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Cazza said:

For me my sister has been around a lot and my sister in law but the lockdowns and social distancing hasn't helped , I really wanted to get out and about town with out restrictions and meet people.

My husband works overseas a lot and got caught by the restrictions but he's been great.

I could kill for a pint.... And something with garlic in it!!!

No doubt it would've been a hard time to be doing the new mum thing this last year. A lot of mothers groups here were postponed due to covid, which is pretty shit considering how beneficial they are to most new families.

How old is your child(ren)?

Just under 10 weeks until I become a father. So excited with a tinge of shitting myself. The wife and I have spent the last couple of weeks converting our spare bedroom into a nursery, making everything a mix of pink, white and animal print. Can't wait to be posting at 03:00 about how my daughter won't settle and how I want to throw myself out of the top floor window but that's the fun of parenting, right? 

I'll be in this thread heavily, so going to make myself comfy.