talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Parenting365

football forum

My 2 year old had her first ever gastro yesterday so from 6pm to 3am vomited around 30 or 40 times.

Rough experience. Forgot how much more difficult it is when the child doesn't understand what's happening, and gets scared of the bucket. She needed 5 outfit changes, and I needed 3. 

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

My 2 year old had her first ever gastro yesterday so from 6pm to 3am vomited around 30 or 40 times.

Rough experience. Forgot how much more difficult it is when the child doesn't understand what's happening, and gets scared of the bucket. She needed 5 outfit changes, and I needed 3. 

My first daughter got gastro that bad it was firing out of both ends. My wife removed her nappy and it's shot like a cannon over her shoulder, it might sound funny but she ended up that dehydrated she was in hospital for two days it was awful. 

2 minutes ago, Rab said:

Thanks homies.

We're gonna find out if it's a boy or girl from the scans just going to leave it as a surprise. I've been kicked out of my office already too.

You are going to be surprised at birth, or your going to find out in advance?

I did the former for kid 1 and latter for kid 2. Both were great.

We chose to find out the gender with the second kid in order to better prepare the first for what was coming.

Just now, Harry said:

You are going to be surprised at birth, or your going to find out in advance?

I did the former for kid 1 and latter for kid 2. Both were great.

We chose to find out the gender with the second kid in order to better prepare the first for what was coming.

We're not going to find out*

Rip my typing.

I think with it being the first it'd be good to experience the unknown. Baby room needs to be neutral colours etc

1 hour ago, Rab said:

Rip my typing.

I think with it being the first it'd be good to experience the unknown. Baby room needs to be neutral colours etc

Agree. It adds extra excitement and either way it's a great outcome for you guys.

My sister has 2 boys and chose to go back for a third hoping for a girl. I suggested she find out gender in advance, as her emotional stake is significant. In a post childbirth exhaustion she might be less prepared to deal with disappointment. She's sticking with being surprised though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

We’ve had a rough night...but not that rough! Hope alls good now 

58 minutes ago, Rab said:

So... uh... October is going to be a new experience for me.

Congrats! As many said to me before, fucking enjoy your sleep now. 

28 minutes ago, Rab said:

Rip my typing.

Best decision ever in my opinion. Not many surprises in life mate x 

I’m on toilet now by the way and it’s near 8am, first bit of “me” time since about 3pm. My posts earlier were with a tired baby or in between nappy changes haha. Back to work tomorrow though - so need to come up with a plan with the missus about how we can best approach the double fun. 

35 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I’m on toilet now by the way and it’s near 8am, first bit of “me” time since about 3pm. My posts earlier were with a tired baby or in between nappy changes haha. Back to work tomorrow though - so need to come up with a plan with the missus about how we can best approach the double fun. 

Yeah the toilet becomes a meditative space for most parents to get a mental break. Tho I do get the walk ins now from the kids around half the time.

Will be tough on your Mrs this return to work period. Once mothers group starts it will probably help but the period before that can be quite isolating. Fingers crossed for her getting a really awesome group that gel and form lifelong connections. Benefits kids too as well as mums.

• Like 1

On 10/03/2021 at 19:24, Batard said:

Take it all in mate. My first is 3 years old already. They grow up so fast. 

Won't be long before you are having these conversations mate.. 

On 15/03/2021 at 10:32, The Palace Fan said:

FB_IMG_1615804271035.thumb.jpg.2f4b78bc5bf422e91affa8cf7f60c890.jpg

If any of you are concerned about my spate of posting recently its probably because I'm on the verge of joining this club.

3 hours ago, Rab said:

So... uh... October is going to be a new experience for me.

Congratulations to both of you... 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Toinho said:

Remember this little thought when they are growing up and learning to understand and talk...DO NOT SWARE in front of them...

When our son's Alexander was around 3 years old and sitting in the back of his car in his kid's car seat, our son braked hard as someone cut him up and he yelled out "YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD!!!!", a few seconds later a voice in the back seat yelled out the same xD

He had to pull over and tell Alexander "You must not say bad words like daddy did then..." :whistling:

Edited by CaaC (John)
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Toinho said:

How’s everyone going? 10 weeks in here. Zombie mode activated a while ago. 

Just hang in tight buddy, as the years roll on you will see the wee bundles of joy, crawl, stand up, walk, and say dada, mumma, have egg tossed in your face when they are sitting in a high chair eating, crying as their first teeth are showing (teathing), potty training with no more fried sausages in nappies then later on in years...

I could go on forever and now me and the wife have 2 grown-up's son & daughter with 3 grandsons to boot, enjoy life and have a pint on me. :hh:

Edited by CaaC (John)
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Just hang in tight buddy, as the years roll on you will see the wee bundles of joy, crawl, stand up, walk, and say dada, mumma, have egg tossed in your face when they are sitting in a high chair eating, crying as their first teeth are showing (teathing), potty training with no more fried sausages in nappies then later on in years...

I could go on forever and now me and the wife have 2 grown-up's son & daughter with 3 grandsons to boot, enjoy life and have a pint on me. :hh:

Haven’t been drinking mate no time! Haha

I have dropped a day a week from work this term and it’s the best thing I’ve done so far. I get to see so much more by just having that bit of extra time off. Contemplating taking more time off or even changing roles/jobs as my priorities have massively changed. 

One day let’s have a pint together for real John ;) 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Toinho said:

How’s everyone going? 10 weeks in here. Zombie mode activated a while ago. 

In my experience the fog started to ease around 12 weeks and get really better around 6 months.

I'm sure your kids are blowing your away even now but it will ramp up fast mate. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Twins is an incredibly awesome thing. 

Kinda creepy when they get older. I mean two people looking exactly the same? That's not right. Creepy. 

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Kinda creepy when they get older. I mean two people looking exactly the same? That's not right. Creepy. 

Have cousins who are twins and its not so bad really once you get used to it. 

• Upvote 1