talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Parenting365

football forum

33 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Kinda creepy when they get older. I mean two people looking exactly the same? That's not right. Creepy. 

You do know there’s two types of twins. Mine aren’t identical. 

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

You do know there’s two types of twins. Mine aren’t identical. 

Yea, I know. Those are alright. I once saw a lady who had two identical teenage daughters. Creeped me out. 

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

You’ve obviously never banged identical twins. 

200w.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Yea, I know. Those are alright. I once saw a lady who had two identical teenage daughters. Creeped me out. 

200w.gif

I have an immediate family member who is an identical twin. Stop being rude you bratwurst.

• Haha 1

Just now, Toinho said:

I have an immediate family member who is an identical twin. Stop being rude you bratwurst.

I just find it creepy when two people look exactly the same. Maybe if I had closer contact to some I'd feel differently. 

• Administrator
Just now, Harry said:

I think it would be weird to date an identical twin, that's for sure. Like, you'd just sound so fake saying "nah, I'm not even slightly attracted to your sister".

I've dated a twin before, not identical but not actually that far off it. It was odd xD 

• 2 months later...

So things are flying by! And I am mostly definitely not tired at all…

I have been putting this conversation off for a while but it came up again yesterday re baptizing the girls. I am not 1% religious however part of the girls family are. 

Has anyone had their kids baptised/christened or whatever it’s called(!) yet you’ve not really wanted it? The main reasons for it likely happening are: 1) it’s what happens in my partners family 2) can help the girls get into the private high school we want 

But yeh morally I find it hard to agree to it… however it’s not just me making this decision! 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Toinho said:

I have been putting this conversation off for a while but it came up again yesterday re baptizing the girls. I am not 1% religious however part of the girls family are. 

Has anyone had their kids baptised/christened or whatever it’s called(!) yet you’ve not really wanted it? The main reasons for it likely happening are: 1) it’s what happens in my partners family 2) can help the girls get into the private high school we want 

But yeh morally I find it hard to agree to it… however it’s not just me making this decision! 

I honestly can't say if I was baptised or not but I know the wife was and she maintained when we married that if and when we had children they would be baptised come hell or high water.

Thus, our son & daughter were baptised in the same church and by the same minister in Dalkeith, Scotland, many moons ago now yet me and the wife are not that religious but as the wife says "You have not got a name until you are baptised..."

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Toinho said:

I was baptised and I’m not really religious. And it helped me get into a school, not private but it was a good school.

Mother of my child is more religious than me, and we were due to get the daughter baptised but Covid halted it. Still not got round to it yet. I’m not mega religious as I’ve said but there’s a % of me that finds it a special day whenever I’ve been to any.

• Upvote 1

Cheers lads. We will be doing it… I’ve just got to think about that it’s really not a big deal and when they’re older they can make their own decision. I do struggle with the fact that they don’t get to choose this!

Anyway, now to think of some godparents or however it works haha 

Edited by Toinho

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Cheers lads. We will be doing it… I’ve just got to think about that it’s really not a big deal and when they’re older they can make their own decision. I do struggle with the fact that they don’t get to choose this!

Anyway, now to think of some godparents or however it works haha 

I mean, it IS not a big deal. It's literally just some dude pouring a few drops of water on their heads.

I'm a bit perplexed that getting baptized means better chances for them to get into a specific private school. How come? A Christian school, I take it?

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I mean, it IS not a big deal. It's literally just some dude pouring a few drops of water on their heads.

I'm a bit perplexed that getting baptized means better chances for them to get into a specific private school. How come? A Christian school, I take it?

The big deal is the dude won’t let me drink the wine probably :(

Catholic school yeah. It helps. Very competitive to get into private schools here, generally. Having some sort of religious background and/or if your parents went there really helps (apparently). But, that’s a long way off we may not go down that particular direction depending on where we live/the girls’ interests/etc.

Edited by Toinho

1 minute ago, Toinho said:

The big deal is the dude won’t let me drink the wine probably :(

Catholic school yeah. It helps. But, that’s a long way off we may not go down that particular direction depending on where we live/the girls’ interests/etc.

I've never heard of this, but again, I'm not Catholic nor would I ever put my daughter in a Catholic school. Can't imagine that getting some drops sprinkled on your forehead helps with you anything later on in life. 

I just saw this thread, so it's nice to be able to have a place to praise the kid. 

My daughter is 3.5 now, and absolutely brilliant. Sleeps like a rock (when she's not sick), sweet as a button and always gives me hugs and wants to hold my hand when Rasputin comes on in Anatasia. Wants to buy things for her friends, and just a smart and brilliant kid. 

Worst thing BY far is that her allergies have been running rampant this year and she continues to get a running nose, surplus of snot, and a slight fever. By then, all she wants is to snuggle with Mom or I and sleep. Poor little angel. 

I'm worried that her teen years are going to be HORRENDOUS, because in all honestly, this is a bit too easy at this point. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Eco said:

I've never heard of this, but again, I'm not Catholic nor would I ever put my daughter in a Catholic school. Can't imagine that getting some drops sprinkled on your forehead helps with you anything later on in life. 

It’s one of the sacraments so in my mind it makes sense that it helps. The school/s would take a family or children who have shown commitment to the church over others. I don’t understand how this doesn’t make sense.  

I am not Catholic either but the public schools in my area are some of the toughest in the city, and there’s zero percent chance I would want to send my girls there - again see what they want in 10 years time lol. 

39 minutes ago, Eco said:

I just saw this thread, so it's nice to be able to have a place to praise the kid. 

My daughter is 3.5 now, and absolutely brilliant. Sleeps like a rock (when she's not sick), sweet as a button and always gives me hugs and wants to hold my hand when Rasputin comes on in Anatasia. Wants to buy things for her friends, and just a smart and brilliant kid. 

Worst thing BY far is that her allergies have been running rampant this year and she continues to get a running nose, surplus of snot, and a slight fever. By then, all she wants is to snuggle with Mom or I and sleep. Poor little angel. 

I'm worried that her teen years are going to be HORRENDOUS, because in all honestly, this is a bit too easy at this point. 

Sounds like you’re both doing really well! 

Allergies like hayfever?

5 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Sounds like you’re both doing really well! 

Allergies like hayfever?

Just pollen and such. I wouldn't call it Hayfever per say, but it's just some very annoying congestion.