talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Parenting365

football forum

Just now, Stan said:

I thought this was a regular, well-known and current thing. No alcohol for the mum for at least a year...

Or if you do, surely it’s the pump and dump thing. My missus hasn’t drank for nearly 1.5 years 

5 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Im not gonna sugar coat this one fella's but this thread is kind of depressing. Especially as someone probably having a kid or two in a few years time xD

Mate you can still drink. It’s always easier to talk about the challenges because the good moments are indescribable! Your child smiling at you when you get home. Utterly priceless. Them giggling, playing with you etc. It’s just the best. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Mate you can still drink. It’s always easier to talk about the challenges because the good moments are indescribable! Your child smiling at you when you get home. Utterly priceless. Them giggling, playing with you etc. It’s just the best. 

My daughter giggled for the first time yesterday and my heart exploded.

• Like 4

• Administrator
17 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Well I only drink at family parties now. Other than that, ain’t got the time. Always need to be ready for an emergency. That’s parenthood unfortunately.

Absolutely. When you've got young kids your needs are secondary to their needs. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Batard said:

Absolutely. When you've got young kids your needs are secondary to their needs. 

Yeah agreed except if you convince everyone thst you can play another season of football (playing when possible) and do your ACL (confirmation today). I am so upset :( 

In hindsight 10000% not worth it. But the girls were laughing together today when I got home. Magic. 

Edited by Toinho
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Toinho said:

Yeah agreed except if you convince everyone thst you can play another season of football (playing when possible) and do your ACL (confirmation today). I am so upset :( 

In hindsight 10000% not worth it. But the girls were laughing together today when I got home. Magic. 

Ouch. Wishing you a speedy recovery. 😬

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Late Saturday night my partners waters broke. She blames me creating a party atmosphere after Odsonne Edouard's debut.

Anyway the waters broke but my partner never went in to labour. They gave her Oxytocin Monday afternoon which led to abnormally painful contractions. She was in the very small number of people that Epidurals have zero effect on. After 13 hours of being witness to what I can only describe as a live exorcism she had just dilated 3 centimetres as the baby wouldn't put his head in the engaged position and he was now very distressed.

The doctors called for an emergency C-Section and thankfully that's where our luck changed. The spinal worked on my partner and Noah entered the world at 0718 weighing 6.7lbs.

Him and mother have been doing very well and they're hopeful they'll be released tomorrow.

20210914_095439.jpg

Congratulations mate... 

18 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Late Saturday night my partners waters broke. She blames me creating a party atmosphere after Odsonne Edouard's debut.

Anyway the waters broke but my partner never went in to labour. They gave her Oxytocin Monday afternoon which led to abnormally painful contractions. She was in the very small number of people that Epidurals have zero effect on. After 13 hours of being witness to what I can only describe as a live exorcism she had just dilated 3 centimetres as the baby wouldn't put his head in the engaged position and he was now very distressed.

The doctors called for an emergency C-Section and thankfully that's where our luck changed. The spinal worked on my partner and Noah entered the world at 0718 weighing 6.7lbs.

Him and mother have been doing very well and they're hopeful they'll be released tomorrow.

20210914_095439.jpg

Congratulations.

Look at him. Got no idea what he's just put his parents through.

Definitely got Millwall written all over him.

• Haha 1

My eldest daughter is leaving home to move to University on the 25th September so this will be our last weekend with our eldest daughter living with us for two years at least.

I know she's going to have the time her life and hopefully fulfill her dream of a degree in Animation but I know I'm going to be in absolute bits when she goes.

Crazy thing is she's been a cheeky git for years and she spends far too long in the bathroom which has drove me insane.

Sad week ahead for me.

• Sad 1

So today I dropped my eldest daughter off for her first year of University.

I'm a broken man, I know she's going to be having the time of her life but I've been inconsolable all day.

The thought of her being nearly 50 miles away living her own life without me and her mum is killing me.

How people cope if their children emigrate I just don't know but this is going to take a fair few days to get used to.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Devil said:

So today I dropped my eldest daughter off for her first year of University.

I'm a broken man, I know she's going to be having the time of her life but I've been inconsolable all day.

The thought of her being nearly 50 miles away living her own life without me and her mum is killing me.

How people cope if their children emigrate I just don't know but this is going to take a fair few days to get used to.

You can worry buddy but trust she will do ok living by herself, as I mentioned in here before we left our son down South as an 18 year old in college and we moved back to Scotland, he was ok as we had friends down there plus high school buddies that followed him into college too.

A couple of years later he came back home as a long haired git but a lot more of a man if you could call it that and going out for a pint with his old man, there he is today with a son of his own and turned 45 yesterday, how life goes on.

Thats him 20 years old and free as the wind and having a drink with his old man.

download.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

You can worry buddy but trust she will do ok living by herself, as I mentioned in here before we left our son down South as an 18 year old in college and we moved back to Scotland, he was ok as we had friends down there plus high school buddies that followed him into college too.

A couple of years later he came back home as a long haired git but a lot more of a man if you could call it that and going out for a pint with his old man, there he is today with a son of his own and turned 45 yesterday, how life goes on.

Thats him 20 years old and free as the wind and having a drink with his old man.

download.png

Cheers for that, I'm sure this life experience will be the making of her myself but the void that is her bedroom remains.

Been a sad old day in our household.

Shame United didn't manage to improve the move.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 08/12/2021 at 02:33, The Palace Fan said:

IMG-20211207-WA0001.jpg

12 weeks today. 

Been sleeping between 8-10 hours a night for the previous 8 weeks. I've got no idea what you've all been complaining about.

Delayed response but congrats mate. Hope the good sleep continues forever…you must be near the 4 months regression now (we didn’t have one - but babies struggled around 6-8 months with sleep). 

• 2 months later...