• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2021 - Discussion Thread

football forum

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Couldn't be happier with how this season is going for me. This is my first save so not sure if the game is broken and Grimsby are just really good, or my playing of the game has improved massively.

image.thumb.png.ec387846592ba69962ef1f1bbec5ac3a.png

Grimsby haven't been top of the pile in the league for quite a long time, and to be in the third round of The FA Cup isn't too bad for us either. Really enjoying the winning feeling.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, N U F C said:

I'm actually finding this game far, far easier than the previous couple of years.

Anyone else?

Absolutely! As I’ve said earlier in the thread, no way would Grimsby be unbeaten in 17+ games and be top of the league. 

• Subscriber

Still top of the league with Grimsby. Only lost 3 games all season in the league and just lost in the semi final of the Papa John's Trophy. Really happy with how it's going! To be League Two Champions would be a career highlight in my first season ha!

4-2-2-2 wing play seems to be my ideal source of results at the minute. We're sitting mid table in The Championship mid way through my fourth season with Wigan. I'd say we're 18 months off being a good Championship team with the players I have. They just need more experience together and they should progress with the club.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

4-2-2-2 wing play seems to be my ideal source of results at the minute. We're sitting mid table in The Championship mid way through my fourth season with Wigan. I'd say we're 18 months off being a good Championship team with the players I have. They just need more experience together and they should progress with the club.

I'm playing a 4-2-2-2 as well and that's what seems to be getting me the results. Just won the league after a couple days away from playing. Now it's the challenge of seeing if I can survive in League One. Made a couple of signings and converted some loans into permanents so I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen. The board love me for getting promoted as champions when we were only expected mid table at best.

• Subscriber

Into November in my second season now and we're in the playoff places. I'm hoping we can stay in or around the play offs come the end of the season but then on the flipside, I'm sort of hoping we don't go up as I don't think the team is ready for the Championship having only just won League Two last season.

3rd season at Cambridge City. Got 2 straight promotions with them from the 8th to the 6th tier. Struggling in the Vanarama North but that's due to my piss poor window, and I had accepted that before the season began.

I think we'll end up surviving but I'm hoping next season is more successful.

e5365a587a39c6809a743756df5cfd64.png

Ordered it today on Steam around 130. Played it for an hour this afternoon. Is the first FM I've played since 2016, I used to buy it every season up till 2016. Have requested a refund as it's just not for me. It's changed so much and doesn't have the same feel. I hope Steam accept my request lol.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Dan said:

I can't be the only one finding this a little too easy?

Absolutely not, it's ridiculously easy. Only done the one save with Grimsby so far but the matches/tactics seem to be a lot easier this time round. Grimsby should be struggling but yet we're in the play off places in League One after winning the title last season.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, N U F C said:

I mentioned that a few weeks ago. Incredibly so in my opinion, the easiest version of this game I've ever played by a country mile.

2 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Absolutely not, it's ridiculously easy. Only done the one save with Grimsby so far but the matches/tactics seem to be a lot easier this time round. Grimsby should be struggling but yet we're in the play off places in League One after winning the title last season.

Such a shame. I've found it easy to the point I'm not actually even enjoying it, in some cases, almost hoping we concede a goal or lose a game just to make it a bit more realistic.

I'm managing FC Annecy. They're in the third tier of France. They have a tiny wage budget, one of the smallest in the league, it's their first year up at that level. I got them promoted.

First season up in Ligue 2, I've signed a few players, but nobody that great - just standard signings you'd expect for somebody of this level, still the leagues lowest wage budget, funnily enough a wage budget slightly smaller than Grimsby, and I'm pushing for promotion again.

It's too easy. I feel like we can go up and then come probably midtable Ligue 1, with a bottom half Ligue 2 budget, then maybe get into Europe the year after. It shouldn't be this simple. I haven't got some master tactic. My recruitment is good, and it's logical but I haven't bought really good players, just good fits.

It's actually making it a bit dull for me.

After starting a couple of saves that I couldn't get into, I now decided to take over MSV Duisburg and try to bring them back to the top. I'm doing this for you, @Faithcore. If you could provide me with a picture of you that I can put in a frame next to my monitor, so I know who I'm doing it for, that'd be great. 

Unbenannt.png

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived