talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2021 - Discussion Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

As well as a cracking throwing away a three goal lead, I thought Dai Wai Tsun was a typical made up name on FM. 

I was wrong. 

I was so close to resigning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
20 hours ago, Tommy said:

7 matches to go, but it looks like I might be able to finally bring a team from 3. Liga into Bundesliga! :)

Unbenannt.png

You can do it! Your a few points ahead of 2nd so there's a little room to slip up which is always nice to know.

Managed to take MSV Duisburg to the Bundesliga. Narrowly missed out on the 2. Bundesliga title because we lost the last match, which kinda sucks, but still a very succesful season. Won promotion in my first season with them from 3. Liga. Finished Finished 13th in our first 2. Bundesliga season, 6th in the second, and now won promotion in the third season in 2. Bundesliga. Now it's time to build a squad for the Bundesliga! Season preperation is my favourite part of the game anyway! :D

Unbenannt.png

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Tommy said:

Managed to take MSV Duisburg to the Bundesliga. Narrowly missed out on the 2. Bundesliga title because we lost the last match, which kinda sucks, but still a very succesful season. Won promotion in my first season with them from 3. Liga. Finished Finished 13th in our first 2. Bundesliga season, 6th in the second, and now won promotion in the third season in 2. Bundesliga. Now it's time to build a squad for the Bundesliga! Season preperation is my favourite part of the game anyway! :D

Unbenannt.png

Nice one! I've got about 8 games left of my season and Grimsby are currently 2nd in League One. Really think we can get playoffs at the very least. The aim for the season was avoid relegation so if we can get promoted, that'd be amazing. Not sure how we'd fare in the Championship but I don't think anyone would mind if we dropped back down after a season.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Danny said:

Whats FM like this year compared to last?

There's not much that has changed other than the match screens have moved around a bit and seem a little more intuitive. The game itself feels easier but I'm only basing that on the one save I've done so far. Definitely worth the money though. I've played this one a lot more than FM20.

On 04/02/2021 at 18:53, Danny said:

Whats FM like this year compared to last?

There's some differences. They've tried to make press conference's feel more interactive and they've worked more on interactions in general. Brexit seems to be ten times the mother fucker it was before and they've also introduced elbow greetings and xG.

I prefer it slightly more, but my experience may be distorted by the fact I stopped being a tight arse and paid for a decent laptop. 

Any good websites out there where you can see clubs finances/league rules/etc before you start a game of FM? I’m a bit bored of starting in the National League South now and I have a leaning towards managing somewhere a bit left field but I don’t want to commit to a save if I find out I’ve ended up at a circus of a club in a league with mad rules. 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Any good websites out there where you can see clubs finances/league rules/etc before you start a game of FM? I’m a bit bored of starting in the National League South now and I have a leaning towards managing somewhere a bit left field but I don’t want to commit to a save if I find out I’ve ended up at a circus of a club in a league with mad rules. 

This might help you: https://www.footballmanagerblog.org/2018/04/football-manager-squad-registration-rules.html

• Subscriber

I'm mesmerized that my League Two players who've stayed with me through the climb to the Championship are now worth like £1-2 million. Not used to seeing 6 figure sums for Grimsby players in my lifetime!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been very quiet on the forum these past few days, mostly cos I'm attached to my FM save.

So I'd like to ask: any of us playing FM? I know @Dan is, if so we should create this thread. I miss the old days where we had a bunch of us chatting FM, but I suppose life got in the way for many of our players in the past.

For those who do still play, maybe a little encouragement will revive this section.

I'm doing a Youth Only in Israel at the moment. Started with Bnei Lod, holidayed a year to choose a promoted team and picked them. Very tough save so far but I am extremely attached to it. The final aim is to win the Champions League.

3724025a947aa20fca918e71fd2bd354.png

• Subscriber
50 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Nice, hows that going?

Not too badly. In my 4th season now which is longer than I've ever lasted with one club before being tempted elsewhere. We've had 2 promotions so far and just outside of the playoffs in the Championship so very much enjoying the ride at the moment and working on building a solid foundation for the club.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived