• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2021 - Discussion Thread

football forum

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Not too badly. In my 4th season now which is longer than I've ever lasted with one club before being tempted elsewhere. We've had 2 promotions so far and just outside of the playoffs in the Championship so very much enjoying the ride at the moment and working on building a solid foundation for the club.

Nice, so that's about 2024-ish?

Also got any good regens? That's the most fun bit of the game for me. I personally despise the first 3 seasons in FM. After that it's a joy.

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Nice, so that's about 2024-ish?

Also got any good regens? That's the most fun bit of the game for me. I personally despise the first 3 seasons in FM. After that it's a joy.

Yeah 2024. There's a few starting to come up through the youth system and I've obviously been scouting the other teams too and managed to land a few hot prospects either on a free or for a nominal fee.

• Subscriber

image.thumb.png.15f55dc45c97b90f9b69556bfd02638c.png

Hit a bad patch all of a sudden since beating Birmingham 4-0. My last match was an utter disgrace. Tempted to just play my kids in the next match as it can't get any worse than that!

Just now, Pyfish said:

Nice one! Enjoy the cash!

Thanks! It's actually madness, I have been bankrupt for years and suddenly I have 10M in the white.

I am wasting no time and upgrading my youth facilities.

On 02/03/2021 at 09:33, Mpache said:

I've been very quiet on the forum these past few days, mostly cos I'm attached to my FM save.

So I'd like to ask: any of us playing FM? I know @Dan is, if so we should create this thread. I miss the old days where we had a bunch of us chatting FM, but I suppose life got in the way for many of our players in the past.

For those who do still play, maybe a little encouragement will revive this section.

Have been doing a few saves, one with Kaiser Chiefs and one with Boca Juniors. 

Bentancur's 50% sell on fee came in majestically when PSG bought him from Juventus for €60 million. Have basically been domainate in South America since, and one the last World Club Cup before it reformed. Now it's impossible to compete with the schedule and the fact FM thinks your players should be on holiday...

Both have kinda reached their limits, as both are pretty easy to reach the top in each continent but anything more than that is almost impossible.

Having just started a new save with Stuttgart, but their squad is just completely wrong for my preferred 4-3-3. So might be a while before I can turn them into contenders.

Also have been thinking about a Queens Park save, now they've turned professional, would like to see how much I could grow them into a top flight Scottish team starting from the bottom.

I absolutely smash FM, so need to play it in massive stages otherwise I burnout. I had a save going with Everton and finished in 4th the first season, before playing a 4-3-1-2 (with the one as a shadow striker) and won the league, thanks to also building a killer park the bus tactic against the bigger clubs and nicking wins. I stopped playing in January of the 3rd season, but have it still there to pick up and play. 

Another save that I have open is Boavista, who are my father-in-law's team over in Portugal. Basically finished 11th, 12th and 10th in my first three seasons but managed to get everything to click in S4 and have them in 2nd, just two points from Benfica in 1st. Again, I'm a little burned out at the moment so have parked the save but one that I'll definitely return to. 

FM20 was probably the best game I've had in terms of saves, ended up doing six seasons with Ajax, winning everything domestically each season (bar the cup once) with a squad that was literally made up of players pumped through the academy - I resigned after winning the Champions League with wonderkid regens and becoming an Ajax legend - moved to Barcelona and won everything with them too to turn my save into something of a homage to the late, great Johan Cruyff. I don't think I'll ever top the enjoyment that that save brought me, it was the most addicting thing ever.

2 hours ago, YrksGunner said:

I generally only play this on my mobile now as free time to play full version is limited with work and having son at weekends etc.

Will start a new save soon so will either start with Arsenal or down in non league.

Generally the same for me, minus the son part. 

The others are more fleshed out, but doing a season on the PC version at least takes ages. I can get through seasons much quicker on mobile and has been my main version for the past few years. 

20 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I've been playing the full version this year as I now have a super duper amazing laptop and two and half hours travel commutes. The difference in speed between this and touch is very noticeable and the only differences I've picked up on are minute.

wait, what?

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, YrksGunner said:

I generally only play this on my mobile now as free time to play full version is limited with work and having son at weekends etc.

Will start a new save soon so will either start with Arsenal or down in non league.

8 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Generally the same for me, minus the son part. 

The others are more fleshed out, but doing a season on the PC version at least takes ages. I can get through seasons much quicker on mobile and has been my main version for the past few years. 

Same here. I didn't like previous mobile versions, but decided to try the 2021 one, and I'm really enjoying it... The full version is so time consuming. 

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yes. I don't mind it to be honest. Having leg space at 5pm on a Friday was a dream case scenario pre covid.

Fair enough. Not sure what you do work wise but thought you may have been working from home at present. 

I'll need a new laptop at some point. Liked my Mac but it is nearly 12 years old now. 

• Subscriber

image.png.a7488a011dc6eabd4a2a8fd7ff5951f7.png

Mathematically safe now! Time to try and strengthen the team over the summer and come back and improve. We were flirting with play off places at one point for a while so it would be nice to repeat that!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived