talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2021 - Discussion Thread

football forum

• Subscriber

I've started a new save with Kasimpasa in Turkey. Doing another update on SI which I'll link on here.

I've just got them to the cup final in my first season.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So was feeling dead positive about the new season. Made some good signings, positive pre-season results and performances. First league game we're playing well and controlling things. Then we go 1-0 down just after the hour mark and fall to pieces. xD

braintree.jpg.f352c4e3421f13a4005e24331ee1aacc.jpg

Here's September to November's results

sept-nov22.thumb.jpg.df52b9f2425f9974099c327afa80ad23.jpg

The goals have dried up majorly and the last few performances have been worrying. We were unlucky in the FA Cup against Sutton United (4th in National League at the time), we deserved to win that one. Things have taken a turn for the worst since. We lie in 4th end of November but have lost a lot of ground on Havant & Waterlooville.

tableendnov22.jpg.95475ea91e4640c63a09adbdf863c0ae.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

fourleft.thumb.jpg.2300b1d0ece6197469b2353909a8bd31.jpg

Unlikely we catch Havant now I think. After a bit of a wobble around the time we beat them, they've won their last 9 and 10 of their last 11. We've been pretty good ourselves. Losing just 1 of our last 15. Winning 11 of those. 

• Subscriber

Having a lot of the fun with a 01/02 database I found. Currently managing Leeds and just signed Arjen Robben, Van Persie and Fernando Torres who are all 16/17 years old and already smashing it.

So we missed out on automatic promotion. The very next game after Havant had lost, we went and lost at home. We managed to finish strongly ahead on the play offs though

leagye2223.jpg.069e4bf3d707eae930dab2bd33a783c2.jpg

Second and third get a bye to the semi final. 

Semi final - Eastbourne 3-2 Billericay (AET)

It took a stunning goal (and a first goal of the season) from our LB to win the game.

The final also went to extra time. It took another screamer to win it for us. I'd have been so pissed off if we'd have lost this one!

playofffinal.jpg.7323444ff32b0a759ab3927540a93f13.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Have won the Vanarama South with Billericay Town in my first season. Predicted to finish 6th, we’ve exceeded expectations, losing just four games en route to the title, breaking a club and league record for a twenty-one game winning run we embarked on.

The title was only won on the final day though as Dartford pushed us all the way but due to the league being a twenty-one team league for 2020/21, a quirk of fate meant Dartford’s bye came on what was the final day, so we knew we had to win to win the title and we did, winning comfortably 3-1 at Hungerford Town to seal the title by a point. 

The clubs finances are listed as “Insecure” which is something I’ve tried to work on. We had  £2,000 a week tied up by four players - Dion Curtis-Henry, Doug Loft, Jai Reason and Jake Robinson. In fairness to Curtis-Henry, he was unlucky, I had two good keepers and it was down to pre-season to see who got the nod for the first game and I made the decision to go with Harry Palmer, who then never looked back so offloading DCH in January, with him on £450p/w, the joint second highest earner at the club, was a necessity. Loft has been decent in the ball-winning midfielder role and I never thought of getting rid of him, though I have a decision to make regarding a new contract. Reason was almost immediately well down the pecking order, with others just playing better than him and offering more versatility, and he eventually kicked up a fuss, however, he turned down Boreham Wood on the last day of the window so I’ve had to keep him. Robinson again was one who was well down the pecking order and combined with his wage (£650 p/w, the highest earner at 34) I wanted him gone. He was poor in pre-season and three trialist forwards come in and performed better than him so he was never going to be close to a game for me. He, like Reason, did have a chance to leave but turned it down, this time to Havant & Waterlooville. The finance is still Insecure having moved up a league so I’m going to have to be tough with the budget in the summer and hope it can be enough to keep us in the Vanarama National. 

I’ll do a proper post on Friday about the first season. 

Really close at the top for me, managing 1860 Munchen and despite only being asked to finish mid-table, we've managed to get ourselves within a shout of going up with just a few games to spare. 5 matches remain and it's currently;

1. Kaiserslauten 66pts.
  2. Duisburg 65pts.
  3. 1860 Munchen 65pts.
  4. Dynamo Dresden 63pts.

You do get the feeling that it's going to go to the absolute wire, with the top two places being the target as 4th is nowhere and 3rd is a playoff against the Bundesliga 2. relegation side - we've got Kaiserslauten too before the season ends which will be a massive six pointer, could literally push us up and keep them down.

Not made a bad start at all to life in the National League. Only 3 wins in our first 11 games but also only 2 defeats. Our first 11 is largely still the same as last season apart from two players.

augsept23.thumb.jpg.af5a01aed1893f9770d523862c05fb7d.jpg

Could have turned a couple of those draws into wins. We had chance after chance vs Chesterfield and Altrincham we conceded a 94th minute equaliser. We lie in 13th position, 3 points off the play offs and 7 off the relegation zone.

Not a bad start at Grimsby. Currently sit two points outside the play offs.

2007907431_Screenshot2021-05-16204445.thumb.jpg.084b14b190877c5cae9919be35e451f3.jpg

We knocked out League 1 Portsmouth out of the FA Cup to set up a home tie with Man Utd. Fully deserved to go through as well.

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Not a bad start at Grimsby. Currently sit two points outside the play offs.

2007907431_Screenshot2021-05-16204445.thumb.jpg.084b14b190877c5cae9919be35e451f3.jpg

We knocked out League 1 Portsmouth out of the FA Cup to set up a home tie with Man Utd. Fully deserved to go through as well.

Great to see that you're looking after us!

I stopped my Wigan save once my fantastic generation of players all moved on for huge fees. I replaced them with potentially better players from Dortmund, Bayern etc but it wasn't the same.

Since I've been doing a couple of EFL saves...

Nottm Forest - lost in playoffs for two seasons. Ended up at Cardiff. 

Colchester - Promoted to League One. Ended up at Cardiff.

Blackpool - Promoted to Championship. Ended up at Cardiff.

As @Bluebird Hewitt can vouch. I don't even like Cardiff.

Comeback.

colchester.jpg.63af3d0600a23f0c31dd248633ea4747.jpg

Could have won it, but i'll take that from 3-0 down. 3 wins, a draw and a defeat since the FA Cup game with Portsmouth. We're 9th, a point off the play-offs and only three points off 3rd as we head into January.

15 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I stopped my Wigan save once my fantastic generation of players all moved on for huge fees. I replaced them with potentially better players from Dortmund, Bayern etc but it wasn't the same.

Since I've been doing a couple of EFL saves...

Nottm Forest - lost in playoffs for two seasons. Ended up at Cardiff. 

Colchester - Promoted to League One. Ended up at Cardiff.

Blackpool - Promoted to Championship. Ended up at Cardiff.

As @Bluebird Hewitt can vouch. I don't even like Cardiff.

What's your obsession with us on FM? xD

• Subscriber
On 21/05/2021 at 22:29, LFCMike said:

Comeback.

colchester.jpg.63af3d0600a23f0c31dd248633ea4747.jpg

Could have won it, but i'll take that from 3-0 down. 3 wins, a draw and a defeat since the FA Cup game with Portsmouth. We're 9th, a point off the play-offs and only three points off 3rd as we head into January.

You're a hero. I need to get back into FM again. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived