The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2021 - Discussion Thread

football forum

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Table going into the last day. 

table25.jpg.7354517ab89cea3c9b24f4b0842b9fdb.jpg

So a point needed in our last game which is at home to Lidingo. An eight game unbeaten run was followed by a seven game winless run (five defeats) which dragged us back into the relegation battle. A win and a draw in our last two have kept us above the drop zone and play off.

A 1-1 draw on the final day keeps us up.

In the final year of my contract now. And the board still won't let me take any coaching courses:what: in two minds whether to resign now and be ready to take any national League North/South jobs that might become available.

So I downloaded something from the FM Workshop that has almost every small league in German football. Even managed to find my home district team "SG Unterrath" in what must be 9th or 10th division. xD 

I'll bring them to the Bundesliga! I'll report back when I succeeded. See you in 10 years time. 

Unbenannt.png

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So I downloaded something from the FM Workshop that has almost every small league in German football. Even managed to find my home district team "SG Unterrath" in what must be 9th or 10th division. xD 

I'll bring them to the Bundesliga! I'll report back when I succeeded. See you in 10 years time. 

Unbenannt.png

I had a save with the (almost) complete German football pyramid in FM15... Loved it.

Just now, nudge said:

I had a save with the (almost) complete German football pyramid in FM15... Loved it.

Hehe, I'm looking forward to give it a try. I was bored of the same old things. And with Unterrath it's personal! 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Hehe, I'm looking forward to give it a try. I was bored of the same old things. And with Unterrath it's personal! 

Good idea... I'll see if I can find it for FM20 and bring glory to my dad's youth club! :banana:xD 

Just now, nudge said:

@Tommy how's the Unterrath save going? I've just started my save with Germania Mittweida in Sachsenliga :D

Nobody wants to sign for me :( xD

Haven't played that much yet. Just a few pre-season friendlies, and I signed a player for a whooping 150 Euro. xD

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Haven't played that much yet. Just a few pre-season friendlies, and I signed a player for a whooping 150 Euro. xD

Nice xD

I've just managed to sign an assistant manager and two scouts, and had to fill the squad with youth, as my first team had only 4 full time players :4_joy:

Beat our U19 team in the first friendly 5-1 though xD

Just now, nudge said:

Nice xD

I've just managed to sign an assistant manager and two scouts, and had to fill the squad with youth, as my first team had only 4 full time players :4_joy:

Beat our U19 team in the first friendly 5-1 though xD

I put the settings so that there are generated players and staff as I found it too tedious without. :52_fearful:

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Now I feel like i chose easy mode though. xD Anyway, one more friendly and then it's lights out and away we go!

Also, this meme on reddit.  xD

I just realised I can offer 0€ for players contracted to other clubs, just signed 6 new players that way. Some on full contract, some non-contract, some amateurs. Highest wages 20€/month 😂

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

I just realised I can offer 0€ for players contracted to other clubs, just signed 6 new players that way. Some on full contract, some non-contract, some amateurs. Highest wages 20€/month 😂

Yea, someone tried to do that with one of my players. :D Got a few loan signins in. But it's so weird with the stats. My strongest CB has 8 marking, 7 heading etc. Feels like playing hattrick.org all over again. 

48 minutes ago, nudge said:

Oh, hattrick.org, now that's a name I haven't heard for a long time! 

So many times I tried to start over, and serious this time. With pen and paper writing down line-ups etc. But EVERY TIME I forgot about it after a week or two. xD

9 hours ago, Pyfish said:

I'm starting a new save but not sure who to manage yet. Bit disappointed as I deleted my Grimsby/Rangers save by accident.

Do you not have different versions of it? Sure the game automatically does three auto rolling saves? Or saved to One Drive or something?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Do you not have different versions of it? Sure the game automatically does three auto rolling saves? Or saved to One Drive or something?

Ordinarily yes but I was clearing out folders on my PC and I think it got rid of all of the saves.

I assume it could well be because i'm in the National League South and my performance analyst is shit, but do they get better the better their stats are? Or do they all place so much emphasis on xG? My performance analyst is telling me we didn't play well here:

83479674_Screenshot2021-03-27204708.jpg.52189e66543b3533f966e262b2890f1e.jpg

I'm Eastbourne away to Wealdstone who are in the play offs. It's going pretty well with Eastbourne as well. This was the table when I took over:

nls22games.jpg.ce107d0143df105a74084e3e05f03154.jpg

Will provide an end of season update but survival looks hopeful at the moment with 8 games left.

Comfortably avoided relegation in the end. Only had a six month deal with Eastbourne so still to decide what to do for next season. Be happy to stay if nothing better comes up. I think with one or two more additions we could challenge for the play offs next season

league2122.jpg.67a3503f22741f54034d8f5e900c6e2b.jpg

• The topic was unpinned

Archived