• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2021 - Discussion Thread

football forum

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Lost out on a trip to Wembley for the Papa John's Trophy final for a second season in a row. We love going out in the semi-final with me in charge! Tome to focus on the league now though and try to keep ourselves in the play off places.

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

How do you pick these random non-league teams?

Usually cos of their badge, but Barwell was a different case. It's because they are from Leicester and I want to give Leicester City a proper rival, not someone else from the midlands.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Mpache said:

Usually cos of their badge, but Barwell was a different case. It's because they are from Leicester and I want to give Leicester City a proper rival, not someone else from the midlands.

Oh this would be funny.

Waiting for a new laptop to arrive before I crack on any further. Started my fifth season off really well. Second after ten games. No way will we have the momentum to carry it further. Lost my captain, top scorer and POTY to China.

My fourth season was wrecked by an academy player who was now 24 and locker room leader. He had a big new contract the season before, played average, and then wanted a new deal. I told him to wait until the end of the season and he didn't like it. Players called meetings with me and when I explained I told him to wait until the end of the season they responded: "Well he didn't tell us that". Arse. We won something like two games in seventeen.

I won 4-0 against Meppen and qualified for a promotion playoff-spot. I wanted to take a screenshot of that but accidently shut down my computer. Now I'm trying to re-create that match but always lose or draw... ffs. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Mpache said:

Nice, signed Akinfenwa for the Vanarama North.

898aea52acaf9b2dae40bebb910e9175.png

Keep us updated on this. He must be almost 40 if you're in 2022? Still got some really good stats for a 6th tier side.

1 minute ago, Pyfish said:

Keep us updated on this. He must be almost 40 if you're in 2022? Still got some really good stats for a 6th tier side.

39 yeah, I clicked gyazo too fast the scroll-down or whatever its called blocked the age. I'm pretty confident he'll do the job for me this year.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

image.png.585bfa727ae2eac5cb52a878740656ff.png

This game is so cruel. Great 3-0 win leading into 90 minutes and then the twats go and score 3 in injury time.

Did you go full defensive and told them to waste time? :o That usually always helps me to get a lead over the line. 

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived