talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Will Be Schalke's 5th Manager This Season?

• The title was changed to Who Will Be Schalke's 5th Manager This Season?
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Since Schalke are as good as relegated that would surprise me. In my mind Dieter Hecking or Peter Neururer are more likely.

Oh, I just wanted to post the gif of him :4_joy:

6 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Since Schalke are as good as relegated that would surprise me. In my mind Dieter Hecking, Jos Luhukai, Mike Büskens or Peter Neururer are more likely.

Peter Neururer would be hilarious. He's been out of the picture for so long, and he could finally land his dream job.

Jos Luhukay is actually a decent coach tbh. I wouldn't have minded seeing him at Düsseldorf when we sacked Funkel. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Peter Neururer would be hilarious. He's been out of the picture for so long, and he could finally land his dream job.

Jos Luhukay is actually a decent coach tbh. I wouldn't have minded seeing him at Düsseldorf when we sacked Funkel. 

Agree on Luhukay, didn't want to suggest one of the coaches i mentioned were incapable. Just came up with names I feel were willing to overtake that job, even if this means they had to start anew in 2.Liga.

No No No!

Clear out the present problem and let the three players look after the younger members between now and the end of the season.  Relegation is virtually unavoidable and there will be time to appoint a new Manager when this season has ended and there will be more choice - and better ones available.  To appoint another now on a long contract which could be as costly as all those we are still going to have to pay is plain daft!  There is enough experience between Huntelaar, Mustafi and Kolasinac to be able to get some confidence back on to the field - even pick up a few points which would be nice, but not enough to save the season, but there will also be changes upstairs - which are just as necessary and a real push for promotion next year will be the target.  There will be advantages to people like me - I will be able to fly again for the weekend - get decent seats without a problem in BL2 and spend two weekends with Tommy in the Kellers in Dusseldorf as we fight out two more versions of the local derby!

I have spent too many negative years since the War - time to be positive - beat the Virus, beat the pessimists and keep the glass half full - even if we have to wait a few more months to find out what the Madalorian is going to get up to! - now there's an idea - I wonder if he will be available.......

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Yes, that's a good idea - assign no new manager and let the players finally take responsibility for their own failures. 

Thea - you are undoubtedly a clever, intelligent person - when you were in school they sat you down with some folks known as teachers.  There were times when you learned zilch and times when you became cleverer every day - the teacher was your help and inspiration, but there were always times when you kids felt let down cos the school had given you an idiot to listen to and your friends were a greater help than those oldies at the front!  The fact that you got good results and some got bad ones was sometimes due to help from your mates when things were not the best in the Classroom.  Players are really kids at heart and - sure you know this - kids often on the field, they cry, they try to cheat, they tell fibs but sometimes it not totally their fault.  Sack the Head if he can't find a better teacher or get the Governors of the school to sort it - meantime let the kids work on their own to try and solve problems - responsible ones will do that - usually by the time they are in 6th form or year 12 onwards.  Just putting the next likely looking guy in charge is like letting Roy Hodgson loose in Munich or other form of Gross mistakes.  Your guys in green are coming out of a bad patch - why?  Answers to the Veltins!  Meantime let the 04 supporters sit quietly while their Guitars Gently weep!:farmer:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, SchalkeUK said:

Thea - you are undoubtedly a clever, intelligent person - when you were in school they sat you down with some folks known as teachers.  There were times when you learned zilch and times when you became cleverer every day - the teacher was your help and inspiration, but there were always times when you kids felt let down cos the school had given you an idiot to listen to and your friends were a greater help than those oldies at the front!  The fact that you got good results and some got bad ones was sometimes due to help from your mates when things were not the best in the Classroom.  Players are really kids at heart and - sure you know this - kids often on the field, they cry, they try to cheat, they tell fibs but sometimes it not totally their fault.  Sack the Head if he can't find a better teacher or get the Governors of the school to sort it - meantime let the kids work on their own to try and solve problems - responsible ones will do that - usually by the time they are in 6th form or year 12 onwards.  Just putting the next likely looking guy in charge is like letting Roy Hodgson loose in Munich or other form of Gross mistakes.  Your guys in green are coming out of a bad patch - why?  Answers to the Veltins!  Meantime let the 04 supporters sit quietly while their Guitars Gently weep!:farmer:

Don't know who Thea is, but that's surely not me :ph34r:

As for your analogy - well, if I have four different teachers in a course of a school year trying to teach me something, yet I'm still dumb as fuck, then it's probably fair to say that it's not the teachers that are the main problem... 

I still agree with you though, appointing a new manager at this point won't make much difference anyway. 

Just now, nudge said:

Don't know who Thea is, but that's surely not me :ph34r:

As for your analogy - well, if I have four different teachers in a course of a school year trying to teach me something, yet I'm still dumb as fuck, then it's probably fair to say that it's not the teachers that are the main problem... 

I still agree with you though, appointing a new manager at this point won't make much difference anyway. 

Sorry Inga - I have been trying to contact Thea (liverbird) and at my age, confusion is something I have to live with.....?>@_*(+

1 minute ago, SchalkeUK said:

When did that happen this season, the 4-0 win versus Hoffenheim aside, genuine question? And if the pupils at a class only got bad results, irrespective of the teachers they had they were supposed to be  overstrained in the class they were in. You claimed Spokian logic a few times- now use it: What's more likely all the 4 managers Schalke had so far this season being complete idiots or the players, who produced failure after failure being not good enough?

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

When did that happen this season, the 4-0 win versus Hoffenheim aside, genuine question? And if the pupils at a class only got bad results, irrespective of the teachers they had they were supposed to be  overstrained in the class they were in. You claimed Spokian logic a few times- now use it: What's more likely all the 4 managers Schalke had so far this season being complete idiots or the players, who produced failure after failure being not good enough?

Spok would point to the fact that the same group of people were responsible for the choices and got it wrong every time

4 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Spok would point to the fact that the same group of people were responsible for the choices and got it wrong every time

Then you've got a problem, since those you were responsible for the choice of coaches were also responsible for signing the players, so if they got it wrong every time I'm correct with saying the players aren't good enough, and under this condition even a managing team of Guardiola, Klopp and Mourinho wouldn't succeed with them. So you kind approved my point of the managers not being the issue.

It's the old chicken and egg problem.  When you have a team which can compete in the League you do not allow the Managers to refuse to talk to the players, even not to know the names od half of them - and then sell all the best ones or let them go on a free cos you wont talk to them leaving the next guy with poor quality stock.  Once it gets to that stage, the responsibility for choosing the best 11 lies with the managers who have field to see which players are past their best, which are good at helping the younger member to get better and just turn up and spend 90 minutes picking their noses and waiting for pay day!  That, briefly, is the story which Tedesco started and which Gross is finishing.  It has been a gradual progression downwards (or backwards) for some time and whilst Tonnies was in charge he made it happen and the rest were scared to challenge him! If the boss at Chelsea with all his money interfered like Tonnies did, they would be fighting relegation now.  Shakespeare made a comment about the State of Denmark - for Denmark read Gelsenkirchen!  there are some good young players there and a year growing up in BL2 could be what they need as the finances have been so badly dealt with there is little chance of an influx of talent from outside.  If Huntelaar and Mustafi can do to these kids what Diego did to Mesut in Bremen then it's worth a try but not doing anything will be even worse than what has been happening for three seasons - Why, if BVB and Werder can manage to hang on to their best youngsters are all ours playing all over Europe in teams like Bayern, Man City, Liverpool, PSG etc! - include Sassuolo if you want as well!  May not be the best defender, but Tommy loved him and he is better than what they had when they let him go! - in brief it hurts a bit!

Sorry - I'm off to watch Ole's youngsters sort out the London Royal Blues!

It looks as if Gerald A will take over for the time being - at least he will know which players are which and there will be more honesty around!  His time with the U23s also gives him more knowledge of which younger players are capable of performing better than some of those constantly being giver second, third or fourth chances!  It will now be possible to watch a game knowing that - even if they lose - they will be seriously trying not to!

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

It looks as if Gerald A will take over for the time being - at least he will know which players are which and there will be more honesty around!  His time with the U23s also gives him more knowledge of which younger players are capable of performing better than some of those constantly being giver second, third or fourth chances!  It will now be possible to watch a game knowing that - even if they lose - they will be seriously trying not to!

He's not the interim manager though, he's taking over Riether's position as coordinator, so not responsible for player selection or tactics. 

28 minutes ago, nudge said:

He's not the interim manager though, he's taking over Riether's position as coordinator, so not responsible for player selection or tactics. 

But Knabel has been with us for almost 2 years (May) and during that time of his responsibility it is about as good as his playing career - perhaps fine in the office but...  At least Gerald knows both the game and the players so all is not negative. Since May 2019 we have lost young McKennie,  young Embolo,  young Matondo., young Kenny, Avdijaj, Reese, Kutucu, Nubel etc etc - great direction when you look at what has come in since then!  That lot may not be world-beaters, but compared to what we have left????  Not to mention Kehrer, Goretzka and Meyer!

Archived