talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Official League Farmers Join When They've Outplayed The Livestock Relegation Thread

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Did the predictor for the rest of the season and got this:
image.png

Fulham beating Newcastle on the final day...

You've got us getting 1 more point for the rest of the season and still getting a shot on the last day, I reckon Bruce would take that :ph34r:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, SkyBruce Championship said:

You've got us getting 1 more point for the rest of the season and still getting a shot on the last day, I reckon Bruce would take that :ph34r:

I tried to be as realistic as possible*

*also read, didn't realise I only had you down as getting 1 more point xD. That point was against Sheff Utd at home. There wasn't gonna be many more opportunities given you have games against West Ham, Spurs, Leicester, Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal :eek:

2 hours ago, Stan said:

I tried to be as realistic as possible*

*also read, didn't realise I only had you down as getting 1 more point xD. That point was against Sheff Utd at home. There wasn't gonna be many more opportunities given you have games against West Ham, Spurs, Leicester, Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal :eek:

If we get beat at Burnley I don't see the point in us playing anymore fixtures. We should just fold as a club.

• Subscriber

Newcastle playing Sheffield United is significant. I think they'll totally tank and that'll be the one remaining game Newcastle win. It's sad that the potential of that ending 0-1 won't see the fierce boos it deserves. Maybe they should fly a plane over with a massive "BOOOOOOOOOOOOO" banner.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Given Newcastle's run of games - albeit aware they won at the weekend after expecting a loss - they're perhaps not fully out of sight yet. I think they are, but others may not!

image.png

Sheff Utd confirmed relegated. Second-season syndrome really shit them up.

West Brom probably left themselves with too much to do despite winning their last 2.

Fulham's inability to avoid choking in games they're leading in will probably be the reason they eventually go down. 21 points lost from winning positions. Worst in the division. 

Next fixtures
Chelsea vs Brighton
Leicester vs West Brom
Liverpool vs Newcastle
Sheff Utd vs Brighton
Wolves vs Burnley
Aston Villa vs West Brom

When we went down last time 2nd last game we played Villa who were bottom and down. They were shite and we couldn't beat them. It's likely again this time 2nd last game we'll play the relegated side needing a win. Hopefully home advantage helps this time.

• Administrator

Newcastle and Burnley profited the most out of the bottom 6 teams. Burnley probably safe after their thrashing of Wolves; Newcastle picked up an invaluable point away at Liverpool; West Brom barely turned up at Leicester and then surrendered another lead and lost 2 crucial points. Brighton may have thought themselves to be safe already (and probably are) with defeat at Sheff Utd. With those results, Newcastle are probably safe for another season (long live Steve Bruce) as are Southampton despite losing against Spurs and being overtaken by Burnley - all 3 now level on 36 points.

image.png

Next games:

Brighton vs Leeds
Chelsea vs Fulham
West Brom vs Wolves

• Administrator

A win, a draw, and a loss for the 3 sides battling to avoid relegation. Although, still, it looks like Fulham and West Brom have left it too late to do anything.

image.png

Next fixtures
Leicester vs Newcastle - Newcastle can pretty much guarantee safety if they beat Leicester
Arsenal vs West Brom - West Brom will be relegated if they don't beat Arsenal. A draw is unlikely to be enough in any case.
Fulham vs Burnley A loss here is the final nail in the coffin for Fulham. A draw won't even be enough if Newcastle avoid defeat in the game above.  

• Administrator
Just now, The Palace Fan said:

Yes. I'm bored of pointing out the league table to Palace fans that want Scott Parker to replace Roy Hodgson now.

I can't believe there's some Spurs fans that want him. 

• Subscriber

Feels like a big sideways move in some ways but would Sean Dyche potentially fancy it? I say it because I'm not convinced by the sounds of these new Burnley owners who were likened to being the pound shop Glazers. They'll be down within a couple of seasons if that's the case.

20 minutes ago, Dan said:

Feels like a big sideways move in some ways but would Sean Dyche potentially fancy it? I say it because I'm not convinced by the sounds of these new Burnley owners who were likened to being the pound shop Glazers. They'll be down within a couple of seasons if that's the case.

I imagine he would be the first option if Roy Hodgson was to retire because of the similarities in football. 

Archived