talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 4-1 Wolves - Tuesday 2nd March, 2021

football forum

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You're right.

Being owned by rich white people ala fenway sports group. = the right way
Being owned by a Sheik, no matter how genuinely intelligently he sets up the clubs financial systems and academy= the wrong way. 

What's race and colour got to do with it you weirdo. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
31 minutes ago, Devil said:

Don't get your point. 

We were better because we had the best players, youth system, manager. 

Because we were a huge club before Sir Alex, the playing field was level we were just better. I don't understand why others don't understand that. 

Maybe it's the years of hate for United. 

Okay buddy.

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Whats the difference between being bankrolled by yanks or arabs? 

According to you, one is the right way and the other is the wrong way. 

Again, not wishing to defend manu but do you really think manu or Liverpool have been "bankrolled" by anyone mate?:what:

1 minute ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Again, not wishing to defend manu but do you really think manu or Liverpool have been "bankrolled" by anyone mate?:what:

Here we go, poor bloddy liverpool. It's not my fault they pissed it up the wall on Joe Allan, Charlie Adam and Andy Carroll mate. 
Salah, Mane, Firminho, Hendo, VVD (most expensive defender of all time) just rocked up at the club one day? They play for free? 

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Here we go, poor bloddy liverpool. It's not my fault they pissed it up the wall on Joe Allan, Charlie Adam and Andy Carroll mate. 
Salah, Mane, Firminho, Hendo, VVD (most expensive defender of all time) just rocked up at the club one day? They play for free? 

No, and if you took the time to check neither owners have spent money "bankrolling" manu or us.

They are both well run businesses, global fanbases, neither have had to rely on handouts.

1 minute ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

No, and if you took the time to check neither owners have spent money "bankrolling" manu or us.

They are both well run businesses, global fanbases, neither have had to rely on handouts.

So when Liverpool and united was at the top of the game getting all the money that comes with that it's legit but now City are getting that money we are still "bankrolled"?? :4_joy:  

10 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

So when Liverpool and united was at the top of the game getting all the money that comes with that it's legit but now City are getting that money we are still "bankrolled"?? :4_joy:  

Don't get me wrong mate, I'd have no problem if a Sheik or a Russian mobster were bankrolling us.

It's just not true though, in the 70's and 80's it was a level playing field, some clubs spent more than others just like some clubs made more than others.

It's always been the same, we were the best team in the world but constantly lost out on our transfer targets because we couldn't match Arsenal for example.

Nobody has bankrolled us, certainly not FSG who have made a very tidy profit since buying us.:what:

33 minutes ago, Machado said:

It's really a personal choice where you draw the line when it comes to investment in football clubs. No position is free from whataboutery.

I'm neutral on the subject. Fan of a German club that (under normal circumstance) can't be majority owned, and my club in particular has a transfer record fee of about 15 million euros. 
Then some gloryhunter cunt will rock up and cry that "Manchester United were just better than everyone and we did it the right way" (they got got tier lucky with timing of football inflation and more Chinese money than a democrat fundraiser) 
Then a Liverpool dicklicker says "We're not bankrolled, FSG make a profit" Yes, the sports investment conglomerate make a profit off you.... after purchasing the club for hundreds of millions you fucking Autumnal foliage. Of course they're making a profit, wouldn't be much of an investment if they weren't making returns. Go cry into VVDs lambo for me. 

• Subscriber

21 wins in a row. They're a fantastic side but there's something seriously wrong in this sport at the minute. This kind of shit seems to happen year in, year out as well.

4 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm neutral on the subject. Fan of a German club that (under normal circumstance) can't be majority owned, and my club in particular has a transfer record fee of about 15 million euros. 
Then some gloryhunter cunt will rock up and cry that "Manchester United were just better than everyone and we did it the right way" (they got got tier lucky with timing of football inflation and more Chinese money than a democrat fundraiser) 
Then a Liverpool dicklicker says "We're not bankrolled, FSG make a profit" Yes, the sports investment conglomerate make a profit off you.... after purchasing the club for hundreds of millions you fucking Autumnal foliage. Of course they're making a profit, wouldn't be much of an investment if they weren't making returns. Go cry into VVDs lambo for me. 

I mean, we have all seen the clearly dodgy sponsorship deals that City have. Without the owner putting money into the club in less that legitimate ways, they wouldn’t be posting any ‘profits’ when they announce their finances. I mean for fuck sake, UEFA wanted to ban them from Europe and hand them fines for their cheating ways. 

Obviously, every owner gets involved with a club to make profits but if you’re trying to imply the likes of FSG or the Glazer’s have ‘bankrolled’ either us or Utd, then you’re wrong. We are run very frugally compared to a lot of clubs, purchasing of players has always been reliant on selling players, hence our net spend being so low. Utd have been able to branch out and market themselves very well around the world, and have seen great success from doing so. Neither owner pump money into the clubs to fill the cracks. 

6 minutes ago, Rick said:

I mean, we have all seen the clearly dodgy sponsorship deals that City have. Without the owner putting money into the club in less that legitimate ways, they wouldn’t be posting any ‘profits’ when they announce their finances. I mean for fuck sake, UEFA wanted to ban them from Europe and hand them fines for their cheating ways. 

Obviously, every owner gets involved with a club to make profits but if you’re trying to imply the likes of FSG or the Glazer’s have ‘bankrolled’ either us or Utd, then you’re wrong. We are run very frugally compared to a lot of clubs, purchasing of players has always been reliant on selling players, hence our net spend being so low. Utd have been able to branch out and market themselves very well around the world, and have seen great success from doing so. Neither owner pump money into the clubs to fill the cracks. 

Again, you're missing the part where they paid hundreds of millions to the club, before then deciding to go frugal. That when you do decide to buy players, you can cherry pick from most clubs, you've broken transfer records and so on and so on. I would argue United certainly pump in the cash to fill cracks, just poorly. 

And if your cracks were big enough, you would too. In fact, next summer, I expect big big cash in a few positions. 

4 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Again, you're missing the part where they paid hundreds of millions to the club, before then deciding to go frugal. That when you do decide to buy players, you can cherry pick from most clubs, you've broken transfer records and so on and so on. I would argue United certainly pump in the cash to fill cracks, just poorly. 

And if your cracks were big enough, you would too. In fact, next summer, I expect big big cash in a few positions. 

They bought the club yes, but it was for a low sum after the mess it was left in. They have broken transfer records on two players, you’re right, but those signings don’t happen without the sale of Coutinho. We have to sell players to buy players.  

47 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You wanted Coutinho gone. 

Everyone sells players. Or else you end up with a bloated as fuck roster. 

I’m not saying we didn’t want Coutinho gone (not certain we did either, but when Barca offer 140m you take it) I’m saying that signing VVD & Alisson are unlikely if we didn’t. 

6 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Fucking hell you're an angry guy aren't you 😂

Is it United's fault the money came into the game during the same period we had one of the best managers that ever lived manage us. 

It would be pretty stupid to suggest we weren't one of the two biggest clubs in English football before that anyway, attendances and club history prove that to be the case. 

I don't like sugar daddy investment, I don't like American ownership either, especially ours. 

Just like PSG and Chelsea it doesn't sit easy with me, it's fair enough to say how do they close the gap without investment but it's the manner with which the investment is made that's the issue.

Leicester are a great case, they've had investment and have one of the wealthiest ownerships, they didn't spend big to get where they currently are and if they keep on the same steady climb it's looking likely they could be in the mix eventually.

My issues lies with the issue that if United and Liverpool go on a spending spree and make mistakes that is then considered in further windows, you could be talking maybe two, three windows until a big splurge again. PSG and City don't need to worry about that, buy bad get rid or replace, no reprocussion. 

Covid comes along, Liverpool can't spend at all whilst City buy two centre backs like they are picking candy up from a sweetshop. 

You know full well any transfer decision clubs make has to be discussed and thought at because of the impact it could have on the wage bill or potential sell on fees. 

Thats not the case with City, like him have him, like him have him, it doesn't matter about future fee's or salaries. 

Liverpool bucked the trend under Klopp, hats off to them but the reality is this season has proven in reality it's looking like it could be potentially a one off, they couldn't invest to stay there and the first team they relied on got injuries. No such danger for City, they built a shadow eleven as good as the starting eleven.

League is over for the foreseeable future, I ain't arsed City are winning trophies, I'm used to it now but it just seems wrong how it was done. 

Just my view, no need for glory hunter/cunt insults or calling people dicklicks. 

Thats what a forum is for opinions, you're just angry man. 

6 minutes ago, Devil said:

Fucking hell you're an angry guy aren't you 😂

Is it United's fault the money came into the game during the same period we had one of the best managers that ever lived manage us. 

It would be pretty stupid to suggest we weren't one of the two biggest clubs in English football before that anyway, attendances and club history prove that to be the case. 

I don't like sugar daddy investment, I don't like American ownership either, especially ours. 

Just like PSG and Chelsea it doesn't sit easy with me, it's fair enough to say how do they close the gap without investment but it's the manner with which the investment is made that's the issue.

Leicester are a great case, they've had investment and have one of the wealthiest ownerships, they didn't spend big to get where they currently are and if they keep on the same steady climb it's looking likely they could be in the mix eventually.

My issues lies with the issue that if United and Liverpool go on a spending spree and make mistakes that is then considered in further windows, you could be talking maybe two, three windows until a big splurge again. PSG and City don't need to worry about that, buy bad get rid or replace, no reprocussion. 

Covid comes along, Liverpool can't spend at all whilst City buy two centre backs like they are picking candy up from a sweetshop. 

You know full well any transfer decision clubs make has to be discussed and thought at because of the impact it could have on the wage bill or potential sell on fees. 

Thats not the case with City, like him have him, like him have him, it doesn't matter about future fee's or salaries. 

Liverpool bucked the trend under Klopp, hats off to them but the reality is this season has proven in reality it's looking like it could be potentially a one off, they couldn't invest to stay there and the first team they relied on got injuries. No such danger for City, they built a shadow eleven as good as the starting eleven.

League is over for the foreseeable future, I ain't arsed City are winning trophies, I'm used to it now but it just seems wrong how it was done. 

Just my view, no need for glory hunter/cunt insults or calling people dicklicks. 

Thats what a forum is for opinions, you're just angry man. 

They're one point behind you and have won the league more recently than you have. I think they're pretty in the mix champ. 

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It's misleading to cry a river about "having to sell Coutinho" without acknowledging the fact you wanted him gone though xD

Imagine if happy blue was cursing. "Damn, It's nice to have Jesus, but we had to offload Bravo, far out what a shame"

I’m not crying about the situation though. I’m putting an argument against your “all big clubs are the same” rhetoric. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived