• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheff Weds Hire Darren Moore As Manager

football forum

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/03/2021 at 10:20, Smiley Culture said:

Strange move. Well liked at Donny as a player and as a manager and in with a shot of promotion with them and he’s gone to Sheffield Wednesday as their sixth manager in a shade over three years and they’re run by a bit of an idiot. 

I think he sees the writing on the wall at Doncaster. Sold their best player Marquis to Pompey last season, sold Whiteman this season, and the team is made up of loan players.

Even if Sheffield Wednesday go down, they're likely to have a better squad next season if they keep him.

37 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think he sees the writing on the wall at Doncaster. Sold their best player Marquis to Pompey last season, sold Whiteman this season, and the team is made up of loan players.

Even if Sheffield Wednesday go down, they're likely to have a better squad next season if they keep him.

Or maybe that’s there model? They’ve made roughly £3m from the sales of two players, albeit key ones. I’m not sure why that would particularly make you leave a club. They’ve also made use of the loan market for the last few years, so there’s no suggestion that they’re going to be any worse next season, when they’ll most likely bring in another crop of young players on loan.

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Or maybe that’s there model? They’ve made roughly £3m from the sales of two players, albeit key ones. I’m not sure why that would particularly make you leave a club. They’ve also made use of the loan market for the last few years, so there’s no suggestion that they’re going to be any worse next season, when they’ll most likely bring in another crop of young players on loan.

Whose to say the next crop of youngsters are going to be any better than the current ones? Let alone better than a Sheffield Wednesday team next season.

Whether it's the correct career move it remains to be seen, but I understand his rationale for doing so.

10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Whose to say the next crop of youngsters are going to be any better than the current ones? Let alone better than a Sheffield Wednesday team next season.

Whether it's the correct career move it remains to be seen, but I understand his rationale for doing so.

Given their last three seasons has seen them loan Ellery Balcombe, Matt Smith, Tyreece John-Jules, Josh Sims, Jacob Ramsey, Seny Dieng, Ben Sheaf, Malik Wilks, Herbie Kane and Paul Downing, I think they’ll be rightfully confident they can do so again. 

The plus for Sheffield Wednesday appears to be that many of their current players are out of contract in the summer, so a chance to build his own team, however, they’ll almost certainly cut their budget. 

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Given their last three seasons has seen them loan Ellery Balcombe, Matt Smith, Tyreece John-Jules, Josh Sims, Jacob Ramsey, Seny Dieng, Ben Sheaf, Malik Wilks, Herbie Kane and Paul Downing, I think they’ll be rightfully confident they can do so again. 

The plus for Sheffield Wednesday appears to be that many of their current players are out of contract in the summer, so a chance to build his own team, however, they’ll almost certainly cut their budget. 

Cutting the budget will be an understatement, finances a total mess, loaded with debt, refinanced and no longer own the stadium and paying £3m a year for it (West Ham pay £2.5m for context), Club is in total free fall. xD

11 minutes ago, DNA said:

Cutting the budget will be an understatement, finances a total mess, loaded with debt, refinanced and no longer own the stadium and paying £3m a year for it (West Ham pay £2.5m for context), Club is in total free fall. xD

They've signed Barry Bannan to a new contract who wouldn't be on peanuts so I imagine Chansiri is still willing to finance them.

Sheffield Wednesday beat us at Elland Road on January 11th last year.

Their fans sung, "Leeds are falling apart again" as their players rejoiced like they had won a big cup final.

skysports-sheffield-wednesday_4889035.thumb.jpg.57d250acc32a9a22c28ea2cd0b92d7ea.jpg

Since that game, we have won 13 Championship games, they have won 12.

We've played 19 Championship Games, they have played 52.

What does this have to do with Darren Moore? Absolutely nothing. But seeing them in the mud is definitely humourous.

7pts away currently. Gonna be touch and go for them. Enjoy it lads.

julian_borner_of_sheffield_wednesday_celebrates_victory_after_th_1451639-768x512.jpg

57 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Sheffield Wednesday beat us at Elland Road on January 11th last year.

Their fans sung, "Leeds are falling apart again" as their players rejoiced like they had won a big cup final.

skysports-sheffield-wednesday_4889035.thumb.jpg.57d250acc32a9a22c28ea2cd0b92d7ea.jpg

Since that game, we have won 13 Championship games, they have won 12.

We've played 19 Championship Games, they have played 52.

What does this have to do with Darren Moore? Absolutely nothing. But seeing them in the mud is definitely humourous.

7pts away currently. Gonna be touch and go for them. Enjoy it lads.

julian_borner_of_sheffield_wednesday_celebrates_victory_after_th_1451639-768x512.jpg

I love how rattled you get every time a fan base sings something against you.

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

They've signed Barry Bannan to a new contract who wouldn't be on peanuts so I imagine Chansiri is still willing to finance them.

It’s not sustainable that’s for sure, what a burden for league one.

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I love how rattled you get every time a fan base sings something against you.

I think you know me well enough to know you are barking up the wrong tree there xD But my use of terminology could have been better. I should have emphasised clearer it was at the players celebrating with the fans, not primarily the fans.

It's not the songs, it's the actions and how you condone yourself as professionals. They weren't actions of a normal three points by any stretch, collecting scarves from fans and dancing around in huddles. Not for me anyway.

Don't begrudge any team celebrating big wins but they went OTT. Not seen them do it since funnily enough.

• Subscriber

Bit of an odd one to me, Sheffield Wednesday feel like a basket case.

He seems to do a decent job wherever he goes as an outsider looking in though. Must have a decent win percentage as a manager. Remember his bizarre good run with West Brom a couple of seasons ago where they started beating everyone around the top.

Doesn't Darren Moore hold the weird stat of getting relegated and winning manager of the month on the same day xD 

• 2 months later...

Archived