• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arminia Bielefeld Sack Uwe Neuhaus

• The title was changed to Arminia Bielefeld Sack Uwe Neuhaus
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

A weird decision, at least from a point of view of a neutral who has no clue about internal matters of the club. Thought they've been doing pretty well, given their stature, means, and the quality of the squad. Kicker's explanation about disagreements between Neuhaus and the board regarding the club's long term philosophy makes some sense, but the timing still seems weird. 

However, every cloud has a silver lining... 

"Als mögliche Nachfolgekandidaten wurden in Medienberichten zuletzt etwa Ex-Hertha-Trainer Bruno Labbadia (schoss als Spieler 52 Tore für Bielefeld) oder der ebenfalls vereinslose frühere Duisburg-Coach Torsten Lieberknecht genannt." 

:D

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

"Als mögliche Nachfolgekandidaten wurden in Medienberichten zuletzt etwa Ex-Hertha-Trainer Bruno Labbadia (schoss als Spieler 52 Tore für Bielefeld) oder der ebenfalls vereinslose frühere Duisburg-Coach Torsten Lieberknecht genannt." 

:D

Bruno Labbadia should be indulged to them, Torsten Lieberknecht is in contention as successor of Kwasniok at FCS at the end of this season , though. Hands off!

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Bruno Labbadia should be indulged to them, Torsten Lieberknecht is in contention as successor of Kwasniok at FCS at the end of this season , though. Hands off!

Frankly, I don't think Bielefeld can afford Labbadia, unless he lowers his requirements... 

Didn't know you are thinking of signing Lieberknecht though, loved him at Braunschweig. 

When we were kids we used to play a strange game of cards.  We divided the pack into two sets and then took it in turns to lay one down - the highest won that pair and so on until all 52 were used up.  Now take one set of clubs (teams) and one set of spades (managers out of work) and then sort out who your next manager is.  Bielefeld have just played their game, we are about to do the same and the old cards of old managers - irrespective of how good or bad they are - carries on floating around until they have demoralised all the clubs available and then - unlike Roy Hodgson - carry on working rather than retiring and let some real prospects have a go!  Sure Kramer and Gross are in the pack of spades although when I used to see him with the U16's some years ago he seemed to know what he was doing, but - like Gross - had a problem with names and older guys!  Not for us poor supporters to comment - just let the 'bosses' throw our money away although the 04 gang are now nearly 200 times worse at balancing the books than most. Simply a case of "Watch these spaces" and roll on Friday night!  PS where is Slomka these days?

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

On Sky Germany as an expert. 

Same with Hannes Wolf, which still puzzles me as I thought he was a talented up and coming coach. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Same with Hannes Wolf, which still puzzles me as I thought he was a talented up and coming coach. 

Wolf manages Germany U18 team though, doesn't he?

Archived