The better place to talk football.

Take Your Pick

football forum

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Devil said:

Next choice...

A. You are walking through a busy town centre and here a scream from a near by street, you run round the corner to find a group of three men all brandishing weapons attacking a women. You decide there is nothing you can do on your own so you run for help to a near by hotel who call the police to report the incident. The next day you hear that unfortunately the women has died from her injuries and the three haven't been caught for their actions. You have live with this on you conscience for the rest of your life but you know if you got involved it could have ended a similar way for you. 

B. You are walking through a busy town centre and here a scream from a near by street, you run round the corner to find a group of three men all brandishing weapons attacking a women. Knowing full well that this situation is life or death for the women you decide to get involved in the hope you can help her, unfortunately both of you are seriously injured and you have to spend a lengthy period in hospital and the injuries are life changing, with you having to spend the rest of your days in a wheel chair. You are lorded a hero in your city and are awarded an award for your bravery at the pride of Britain awards. The women goes on to have a long and happy life eternally thankful for your actions. 

Easy A for me, tbh. I'm not a big fighter, I never have been, I hear a scream and see 3 men brandishing weapons... if I get involved I'm probably just going to die alongside her.

Obviously I wouldn't know that option B would keep me alive... albeit in a wheelchair. But even so, having spent what I consider a lengthy period in hospital due to a drink driver hitting me while I was on a motorcycle... I've got no interest in being in hospital ever again. And that's even without thinking about being in a wheelchair.

So yeah, I'd feel guilty I couldn't have saved this woman's life... but I don't think I'd really think twice about picking A.

Archived