talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2020 Discussion Thread

football forum

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we have a crucial home tie against Japan to possibly reach World Cup qualifying. What happens? Red card in the 7th minute. We then get another red card.

We lost our goal difference and any chance to finish as best 2nd. The World Cup dream is over unfortunately. We need an absolute miracle now.

269aa4e34232a5e0772967010d5ac140.png

4 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

So we have a crucial home tie against Japan to possibly reach World Cup qualifying. What happens? Red card in the 7th minute. We then get another red card.

We lost our goal difference and any chance to finish as best 2nd. The World Cup dream is over unfortunately. We need an absolute miracle now.

269aa4e34232a5e0772967010d5ac140.png

Dirty bastard. xD

23 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Maybe it's just because I've never been a deep lying playmaker kinda guy before, but these numbers look ridiculous to me.

We'll see if he can keep it up against better teams when the league starts. He has two 9.0s in two friendlies so far.

Also, I've just got to the October international break and we've won every match so far. 9/9 in the league and 2/2 in the CL. If we can beat PSG at home in the next match we'll be 8 points ahead already.

39 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Also, I've just got to the October international break and we've won every match so far. 9/9 in the league and 2/2 in the CL. If we can beat PSG at home in the next match we'll be 8 points ahead already.

Of course Dembélé gets injured in training right before the PSG match 🙄

• Subscriber

The names of Brian's players are superb.

I actually have no excuse to not make the top 6 from here. We've picked up a bit. Not perfect but it's better - we've also negotiated most of the really tricky games, although the failure to beat Dresden says we still have the howler in our locker. Dresden have 4 fucking points all season.

Just now, Dan said:

Ouch Sok xD

Some of the one named ones as well. Gaytukevich. That's a nickname and nobody is telling me otherwise.

I have no idea who Gaytukevich is. Nor that Ivanov. I just took a look at my best ever 11 of my first season and there's a lot of single eastern European surnames in there. I do not remember half of the players here. Creepy :/ 

e3d876aba2510379648f952c6c6d0c6b.png

OK, now I'm really freaked out. I tried to trace one of the players career to see if I can remember his real name and it's not bad memory.

This guys name was Ly Daravron. Why the fuck did his name change to Ivanov??? WTF????

3a9c569280e0e81c6992d612287ef462.png

• Subscriber
Just now, Inti Brian said:

OK, now I'm really freaked out. I tried to trace one of the players career to see if I can remember his real name and it's not bad memory.

This guys name was Ly Daravron. Why the fuck did his name change to Ivanov??? WTF????

3a9c569280e0e81c6992d612287ef462.png

You're using custom data files no? Is it Sangue Blu by any chance?

Just now, nudge said:

You're using custom data files no? Is it Sangue Blu by any chance?

It's Riddlers Megapack. I don't trust Sangue Blu, he just shoehorns the files in without any realism to it. Riddler is the new Claasen. His files work well and have been using his since last year.

• Subscriber

You probably can't check now but they were probably partially Bulgarian or Belarusian or something like that. Find it quite bizarre though how they both have a single Eastern European name - must be some form of trend there.

You get some funny named regens on mine. Seems to be quite a few English / German now too.

• Subscriber
Just now, Inti Brian said:

It's Riddlers Megapack. I don't trust Sangue Blu, he just shoehorns the files in without any realism to it. Riddler is the new Claasen. His files work well and have been using his since last year.

Well apparently they don't work that well :ph34r: The names are getting overwritten for some reason; can only see it being an issue with the database??? Especially since they all sound Ukrainian. Probably some discrepancies and overlap there...

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived