The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2020 Discussion Thread

football forum

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
14 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

Sorry if I missed it @Dan. Let's see some of the best regens.

image.thumb.png.04e29e7422aa903b4aec22f6a8ed4de5.png

He's the only one of note really. His goals tally is very impressive but like I say it's largely propped up by getting 4 in a game. I can't really knock him at all though, he isn't our problem.

10 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

@Dan Felix Uduokhai is my first choice signing in case I lose a CB. You've done well to get him for that price!

The next month looks crucial given you're the similar points away from relegation battle to European places.

He's been good really, I can't put it on him for the general poor defending, he's probably been the pick of our back line.

If we end up dropping down any further I'll be sacked. I can't see any way I'm not. I think I'm gone if I don't finish 6th or above - and that's quite a big ask at the minute. Mainz are finally going a bit off the boil though so we may be able to capitalise there.

I've just got to hope that this new system pays off because we've got the squad to make that top six even from here.

Group stage

Oman 2-2 Cambodia

We got a very late equalizer. Their performance was superb though as they literally turned into a tiki-taka machine against us. It was like playing the Arabic Barcelona. We spoiled their party for that day and realistically it is a good result.

Jordan 1-1 Cambodia

This one was the killer. We led early but then our left winger got a red card and we could do nothing but try and hold on. Unfortunately we conceded in the middle of the second half. Annoying, now we were forced to get at least a point against South Korea

Cambodia 1-2 South Korea

Very impressive performance. I threw it away early on because I put them on an attacking high line. We conceded a goal and then set it to counter. After that we concede a dodgy penalty but after that we had a couple of chances. Our best ever performance against a top Asian side. Unfortunately it wasn't enough as Oman had won on the final matchday.

35906798e345fe6c475c6cce5df46465.png

Started a save with Sunderland since I liked "Sunderland 'til I die" on Netflix, and I'll try to bring them back to the Premier League.*

*Or maybe I'll scrap the idea after getting frustrated in pre-season. 

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

I have the dreaded 10 points from 5 games challenge. Won't happen. Banker that we only get 9. It's been that kind of season.

All algorithm innit. Lose 1 game after being in 10th the longest time and 3 points away they still give you an ultimatum.

• Subscriber
Just now, Inti Brian said:

All algorithm innit. Lose 1 game after being in 10th the longest time and 3 points away they still give you an ultimatum.

We aren't that far off being in the top six either but I think it's just the fact we blew everything else so abjectly that's put me under this pressure. Losing to Kiel was a disgrace. That's sunk me.

My run of games isn't that bad actually, if we can't get 10 points then it's probably a fair decision. 

My right back just gave away the ball in his own box in the 120th minute of extra time to lose us the tie against Kashima Antlers. After the game he asked me for an improved deal.

Looks like the massive twat is getting sacked.

• Subscriber

This is fucking amazing xD so I've had my run of games where I need 10 points, right.

Hoffenheim (a) - won 0-4
Frankfurt (h)
Stuttgart (a)
Leverkusen (h)
Dortmund (a)

Cup draw means Dortmund away has moved and my fifth game on the list is now Freiburg (h) xD cannot believe my luck.

Maybe it's just because I've never been a deep lying playmaker kinda guy before, but these numbers look ridiculous to me.

We'll see if he can keep it up against better teams when the league starts. He has two 9.0s in two friendlies so far.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

This is fucking amazing xD so I've had my run of games where I need 10 points, right.

Hoffenheim (a) - won 0-4
Frankfurt (h)
Stuttgart (a)
Leverkusen (h)
Dortmund (a)

Cup draw means Dortmund away has moved and my fifth game on the list is now Freiburg (h) xD cannot believe my luck.

I'm so sorry mate xD

28bda48e871a2053ba0725b43d0cf6b9.png

• Subscriber

I survived Brian. I was 2 down though. Absolutely shitting myself. I needed to just avoid defeat in that.

Next game is away at a totally hopeless Dresden side. Watch me lose that.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I survived Brian. I was 2 down though. Absolutely shitting myself. I needed to just avoid defeat in that.

Next game is away at a totally hopeless Dresden side. Watch me lose that.

Good to hear!

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived