Last 3 Meetings
20/09/2020 - Leicester 4-2 Burnley
19/01/2020 - Burnley 2-1 Leicester
19/10/2019 - Leicester 2-1 Burnley

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Dreading this. It's not just about who is missing but even a lot of the players we have available you feel are running on empty. I fear the situation could get worse before it gets better.

Would kill for a 0-1.

Why does that Under not get many starts? Not really shown enough to warrant it?

I understand whilst Maddison and Barnes were on form but I'd have thought Leicester would be crying out for him in the current state?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I understand whilst Maddison and Barnes were on form but I'd have thought Leicester would be crying out for him in the current state?

He's just clearly not at all fancied. Two things I've heard are they have concerns about his fitness and another suggested if we start him a certain number of times then the deal becomes permanent. I think it's clear they've made their minds up. He won't be sticking around.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

This run of games would have been good for him to start in and find some form. As @Dan says, he's just not that preferred and I can only think it's just personal preference from Rodgers.

All our wingers out and he still doesn't get a look in. It speaks volumes really. It's a shame as there's sometimes glimpses of what he can offer. Even on Sunday when he came on he gave us some direct approach and threat. 

Just now, Dan said:

He's just clearly not at all fancied. Two things I've heard are they have concerns about his fitness and another suggested if we start him a certain number of times then the deal becomes permanent. I think it's clear they've made their minds up. He won't be sticking around.

Shame a player cannot just be considered without all those stipulations isn't it. Not like you can afford to be picky either.

You definitely need to find a permanent solution in the summer I'd say.

Just now, Stan said:

This run of games would have been good for him to start in and find some form. As @Dan says, he's just not that preferred and I can only think it's just personal preference from Rodgers.

All our wingers out and he still doesn't get a look in. It speaks volumes really. It's a shame as there's sometimes glimpses of what he can offer. Even on Sunday when he came on he gave us some direct approach and threat. 

Very odd behaviour isn't it. Especially given you let Demari Gray go too so you were a man short in that area.

• Administrator
Just now, Lucas said:

Very odd behaviour isn't it. Especially given you let Demari Gray go too so you were a man short in that area.

Yeah, obviously there were high hopes for Under to be a good signing for that side of the pitch but initially there were concerns around his fitness, and then maybe its just become a talent/quality thing. 

There were also concerns about his defensive contributions - odd to say for a winger but it's just what Rodgers requires of his sides. Barnes does it on the other side. 

On the flip side, how is a player meant to prove himself without getting a good run in the team?! 

• Subscriber

1-1 half time. Think we've just about edged it though I always fear Burnley can hurt us from a set piece - both teams know it as well.

I always expect Burnley to be more solid than they turn out to be.

My only worry is we tire. We've not had a good second half since Liverpool.

• Subscriber

It's not a disaster in the circumstances of that game but it puts pressure on us to win some of our upcomers - our next two simply have to be two wins.

• Administrator

Considering our squad options and performance, it's a point gained for me. The lack of any one of Barnes, Maddison, Justin is so painfully visible. 

Not a fan of Amartey at RB, can't pass for shit. Hamza is a bit of a car crash waiting to happen as seen today early on. 

There's a reason they're back-up players. Vardy still looks spent and clearly needs a rest - amazed he didn't come off instead of Iheanacho when he had a poorer game.

Happy with the point in the circumstances, surprised we didn't lose as Burnley pressured a lot in 2nd half. Kasper was superb - kept us in the game. That save from Wood was class.

• Subscriber

We got the result despite that formation rather than because of it. Soyuncu was a shambles in the first half and he often is on the left of a back three. Amartey horrible at right back. Mendy and Choudhury just not quite good enough.

Vardy still looks a bit off as well.

It's not a terrible result in the circumstances but I don't think we played well.

• The title was changed to Burnley 1-1 Leicester City - Wednesday 3rd March, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived