talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fulham 0-1 Tottenham - Thursday 4th March, 2021

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 18.00

Live on BT Sport

1200px-Fulham_FC_(shield).svg.png      VS     e6df9075f2a3dca8eda72d87d90cf4f6.jpg

Recent Form
Fulham - DWDWD
Tottenham - WWLWL

Last 3 Meetings
13/01/2021 - Tottenham 1-1 Fulham
20/01/2019 - Fulham 1-2 Tottenham
18/08/2018 - Tottenham 3-1 Fulham

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Fulham's defence goes totally missing again and they break with Son crossing for Alli to tap in, think it took a deflection in on the way. 0-1.

• The title was changed to Fulham 0-1 Tottenham - Thursday 4th March, 2021
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Nonsensical decision. 

The handball had no causitive effect in leading to goal, since it was going to hit him anyway at the exact same spot. 

A confused application of an already stupid rule. 

The application was fine. It's the rule dictating everything there. Different for attackers and defenders and therefore totally unfair. The causative effect etc has no say in how the rule works. 

If it hits a defender like that, it's not a penalty. So why should the same benefit not be given to attackers considering Lemina's 'silhouette' hadn't changed.

Yeah, I didn't understand the handball call either. Lemina literally had the ball blasted at him, unbelievable call and just another issue rife in the game that needs addressing really. It's tough enough watching goals disallowed for imaginary lines. 

For all Fulham's positive play mind, you can see they miss that genuine bit of quality where it counts. A lot of huff and puff but nothing to show for it.

Looks good, but no substance.

• Subscriber

I mean the handball call was absolutely spot on, can be no arguments. The rule has been in place since last season. Can’t score a goal directly after contact with the hand/arm.

Complain about the rule all you want cause I agree it’s stupid. But the decision was entirely correct

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Storts said:

I mean the handball call was absolutely spot on, can be no arguments. The rule has been in place since last season. Can’t score a goal directly after contact with the hand/arm.

Complain about the rule all you want cause I agree it’s stupid. But the decision was entirely correct

Of course.

The frustration for me is at the rule (which in the moment probably wasn't conveyed as so xD) not the decision. The officials had no choice to disallow it so any criticism directed towards them would be misguided.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived