20/09/2020 - Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool
22/07/2020 - Liverpool 5-3 Chelsea
03/03/2020 - Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Oh yeah of course. Has there been any word on what his illness was?

None really. He just got sick and is currently being evaluated for Thursday although the boss is pretty confident hes going to play so I am assuming its nothing serious and it was all just precaution.

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If Chelsea can’t beat us right now they deserve to be asset stripped and relegated

14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Ah yes because we are scoring for fun aren't we

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No excuses for not beating us tbh

'shut the club down' levels?

All of our goals so far under Tuchel have been relied on individual brilliance vs a collective effort. It's the very reason why we've struggled up front. The decision making has been truly awful. You can slowly see improvement as weeks progress, but not at the rate you expect given the attacking talent we have. 

I expect this to be a 0-0, score draw, or a narrow Liverpool win. Result likelihood in that order. 

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

All of our goals so far under Tuchel have been relied on individual brilliance vs a collective effort. It's the very reason why we've struggled up front. The decision making has been truly awful. You can slowly see improvement as weeks progress, but not at the rate you expect given the attacking talent we have. 

I expect this to be a 0-0, score draw, or a narrow Liverpool win. Result likelihood in that order. 

If Phillips plays for us I worry if he gets dragged out to the right or high up. He can get turned quite easily and has zero recovery pace. If you're Chelsea, you're looking at isolating him up against a Werner or Pulisic if they're fit. 

2 hours ago, Devil said:

I've cursed Liverpool, went Triple captain on Salah in my fantasy team. 

Can't hit a barn door now apparently. 

I don't know about barn doors, he's not having too bad of a season goal wise though.B|

I'm on the fence about Thursday though, Chelsea could really exploit us defensively, it's a cliche but that first goal could be massive.

Unless Fabinho is back I don’t expect anything here. Against the players Chelsea have in forward positions (I know they aren’t exactly setting the world alight at the moment) I think Kabak & Phillips could be in some trouble. If Fabinho is fit to start then it has to be Phillips next to him. He’s not quick, but neither is Kabak & Phillips is better in the air. 

Jota should be ready to go for it. He won’t start as I think Klopp will stick with Bobby after that goal against Sheffield. I do wonder if Alisson will make himself available for this one, be good for us if he does. 

26 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Despite all the woes emanating from Liverpool I expect you to get all 3 points here where suddenly you are bright and alive as you wake from your recent zombie state... 

We beat a Sheffield United that's competing with Derby for "worst premier league team in history" xD

We've got a CB that was playing in Bundesliga 2 last season, he'll probably be playing alongside a CB that was (and maybe is) on his way to Bundesliga 2 next season, and a player who's never played any higher than the Championship that maybe might be starting alongside one of those other CBs I mentioned.

That is, quite literally, a second tier backline, granted it'll have two of the league's best attacking fullbacks on either side of it... probably exposing the fuck out of both of these defenders desperately trying to prove they're top flight quality.

And we're probably not going to have our first choice keeper. And our second choice, a kid, is also out injured xD - so you will get Adrian in goal most likely.

And Adrian fills me with about as much confidence as... something that takes away pretty much all confidence entirely.

It would take being pretty shit to wake us up from looking dead as fuck, imo.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We beat a Sheffield United that's competing with Derby for "worst premier league team in history" xD

We've got a CB that was playing in Bundesliga 2 last season, he'll probably be playing alongside a CB that was (and maybe is) on his way to Bundesliga 2 next season, and a player who's never played any higher than the Championship that maybe might be starting alongside one of those other CBs I mentioned.

That is, quite literally, a second tier backline, granted it'll have two of the league's best attacking fullbacks on either side of it... probably exposing the fuck out of both of these defenders desperately trying to prove they're top flight quality.

And we're probably not going to have our first choice keeper. And our second choice, a kid, is also out injured xD - so you will get Adrian in goal most likely.

And Adrian fills me with about as much confidence as... something that takes away pretty much all confidence entirely.

It would take being pretty shit to wake us up from looking dead as fuck, imo.

Listen mate, you can doom and gloom your way to the end of the season all you want but we don't have the right cutting edge up front to bother you just like we didn't against United, It's just a fact that we as a club always blow it when it matters, Remember Arsenal?? on a shitty run and couldn't get a win for love nor money UNTIL they played us and we made them look like Barcelona... Things like that are just in our nature to throw away, It's worse because we could get a bit of a lead over you but we won't, we will blow that chance and end up letting you win somehow.. 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Listen mate, you can doom and gloom your way to the end of the season all you want but we don't have the right cutting edge up front to bother you just like we didn't against United, It's just a fact that we as a club always blow it when it matters, Remember Arsenal?? on a shitty run and couldn't get a win for love nor money UNTIL they played us and we made them look like Barcelona... Things like that are just in our nature to throw away, It's worse because we could get a bit of a lead over you but we won't, we will blow that chance and end up letting you win somehow.. 

I mean if you can make us look good again so I can have some last season nostalgia, sign me the fuck up pal

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Unless Fabinho is back I don’t expect anything here. Against the players Chelsea have in forward positions (I know they aren’t exactly setting the world alight at the moment) I think Kabak & Phillips could be in some trouble. If Fabinho is fit to start then it has to be Phillips next to him. He’s not quick, but neither is Kabak & Phillips is better in the air. 

Jota should be ready to go for it. He won’t start as I think Klopp will stick with Bobby after that goal against Sheffield. I do wonder if Alisson will make himself available for this one, be good for us if he does. 

Neither fill you with confidence but I think I'd go Kabak ahead of Phillips

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Neither fill you with confidence but I think I'd go Kabak ahead of Phillips

Usually I agree with you on these things... but I think I'm the opposite.

I think Phillips is our best CB left, based of what's been shown of the academy products/new signings (granted, one of the new lads hasn't played at all, and I suspect he's probably the most competent CB out of all of them based on experience.

I think Kabak & Phillips are both good at the same things and bad at the same things. I think Phillips is just a bit better.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Usually I agree with you on these things... but I think I'm the opposite.

I think Phillips is our best CB left, based of what's been shown of the academy products/new signings (granted, one of the new lads hasn't played at all, and I suspect he's probably the most competent CB out of all of them based on experience.

I think Kabak & Phillips are both good at the same things and bad at the same things. I think Phillips is just a bit better.

I just think Phillips has been turned dead easily a few times and got away with it (same happened with Rhys Williams' mistakes going unpunished until that FA Cup game v United). Kabak has at least showed some ability to recover if that happens. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea - Thursday 4th March, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived