talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea - Thursday 4th March, 2021

football forum

• Subscriber

I'm not going to pretend the know the rules because I don't think any of us do but I think he gets away with it because it comes off his legs first and also it's pretty point blank. We saw a few like that and worse given early on in the season but surely in the long run, none of us as football fans want to see penalties given for that?

Liverpool have big problems beyond the centre back issue for me. Alexander-Arnold has struggled defensively lately from what I've seen. Chilwell basically just jogged straight past him as if he wasn't there a second ago. Aside from individuals I think the persistence with the high line is a long term problem and is borderline suicidal against Werner's pace tonight.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm not going to pretend the know the rules because I don't think any of us do but I think he gets away with it because it comes off his legs first and also it's pretty point blank. We saw a few like that and worse given early on in the season but surely in the long run, none of us as football fans want to see penalties given for that?

Liverpool have big problems beyond the centre back issue for me. Alexander-Arnold has struggled defensively lately from what I've seen. Chilwell basically just jogged straight past him as if he wasn't there a second ago. Aside from individuals I think the persistence with the high line is a long term problem and is borderline suicidal against Werner's pace tonight.

I didn't see the deflection off the leg. Thought it goes straight on to his arm. In which case I can perhaps tolerate the decision made as at least there's some consistency being shown...

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

Trent shouldn’t be in the England squad this summer - looks irreversibly knackered right now. Run into the ground so early in his career. 

Not like you need right backs. Between Walker and Trippier its one of the few convincing positions for England. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Not like you need right backs. Between Walker and Trippier its one of the few convincing positions for England. 

Exactly yeah, plenty of good options that have been in form this season. Should be given the summer off 

• Administrator

Chelsea look ridiculously solid at the back now under Tuchel. Or maybe this is normal and they were just horribly bad defensively under Lampard.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Chelsea look ridiculously solid at the back now under Tuchel. Or maybe this is normal and they were just horribly bad defensively under Lampard.

Pretty uninspiring going forward though. 

As much as losing 5 on the bounce at cringefield is a tempting offer, I think a 1-1 draw that does neither team a favor suits my needs best here. Jota equalizer please 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Pretty uninspiring going forward though. 

As much as losing 5 on the bounce at cringefield is a tempting offer, I think a 1-1 draw that does neither team a favor suits my needs best here. Jota equalizer please 

True, under Lampard the defence was something that had to be sorted though quicker than the attack.

Me too. Further away teams below us can be, the better.

Robertson equaliser for FPL needs.

Christensen getting MOTM on Sky sums up how fucking dross we have been tonight. Klopp making bizarre subs tonight blunted our attack second half. 

5 Losses in a row at home is completely fucking unacceptable.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived