• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea - Thursday 4th March, 2021

football forum

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Concerning for Liverpool all over the pitch. If the decision makers are putting as much weight on the centre back situation being the root of all their problems as some of the fans are then it's going to be a long time before they get anywhere near back to where they were 6 months ago.

Pretty much all of the key players are bang out of form and Klopp's substitutions just smack of a guy that doesn't really have a solution. There's no real sign of a change in approach or anything to dig them out of this run. I mean putting Milner on as your last gambit when you're 1-0 down?

Chelsea played really well. Tuchel will become a club legend when he gets top four and a trophy but he's still gone by the end of next season. xD

It is mental how often Oxlade Chamberlain can come on and make virtually zero impact in a game. I can see it’s a bit of a meme that when he comes on it’s game over, but he does quite literally add nothing, ever.

No idea why it’s not worth throwing in Keita or Shaqiri if you’re chasing a goal - especially when it’s proving so hard to keep the ball in tight areas. Chamberlain only really excels with space to drive into, which you’re not going to get against a Tuchesl team which packs the middle of the pitch with four midfielders and three centre backs.  

The sacking of Klopp shouldn't be mentioned yet, but there are definite parellels to his final season with Dortmund (where they were bottom at the winter break) and now. He's build an unbelievable side and now they look like a bag of shite, regardless of the injury crisis at the back that's diabolical. 

He should get another season, at the very least but amazing how they've fallen.

I just cannot see how we get 4th playing like that. It really is a mess this.

I’m not even mad at this point. Well I am, but it’s more just wanting those season over now. I hate the idea of us playing Europa league shite next season. 

Those subs from Klopp were horrific. Not one idea what he was thinking. The stubbornness to stick with the high line even though Mount & Werner were killing us, and the lack of a plan b when it’s clear that our normal way of doing things doesn’t work with the players available. 

Just now, Rick said:

I just cannot see how we get 4th playing like that. It really is a mess this.

I’m not even mad at this point. Well I am, but it’s more just wanting those season over now. I hate the idea of us playing Europa league shite next season. 

You sound like 2014 Arsenal.

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Joking aren't ya. Tyler sounds like he's going to explode. Carragher isn't much better these days either

We get Peter Drury and Jimmy Beglin over here, they make Martin Tyler sound like a Liverpool season ticket holder.

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

True, under Lampard the defence was something that had to be sorted though quicker than the attack.

Our back line under Lampard was pretty good before the December team capitulation. Tuchel actually has a system in place though with patterns of play implemented. Our back line has benefited the most from it, particularly the back three. This back three is the same back three that looked solid under Conte those years ago, so they are familiar with the system. Unlike with Conte though, our wing backs push up a lot higher.  Christensen, much like David Luiz, thrives in the sweeper role. 

2 goals conceded under Tuchel. One being a penalty and the other being an own goal. It's just the other end of the pitch we are lacking. 

Liverpool play a style that’s very dependent on belief - like you try that low-percentage pass or cross it might work, or that if you throw yourself into a high-risk pressure, you can cause a turnover.

And I think when that confidence drains, those low-percentage balls become hopeless balls. And those efforts at pressing just become a set of motions you go through rather than a sincere threat.

3 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

We get Peter Drury and Jimmy Beglin over here, they make Martin Tyler sound like a Liverpool season ticket holder.

Nah Tyler is fucking awful, can tell he's desperate for the opposition to score every time I watch a Liverpool game with him commentating. I always try to get the DAZN stream working with them on the site I use but it kept freezing tonight

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Concerning for Liverpool all over the pitch. If the decision makers are putting as much weight on the centre back situation being the root of all their problems as some of the fans are then it's going to be a long time before they get anywhere near back to where they were 6 months ago.

Pretty much all of the key players are bang out of form and Klopp's substitutions just smack of a guy that doesn't really have a solution. There's no real sign of a change in approach or anything to dig them out of this run. I mean putting Milner on as your last gambit when you're 1-0 down?

Chelsea played really well. Tuchel will become a club legend when he gets top four and a trophy but he's still gone by the end of next season. xD

The CB problem is just the tip of the iceberg.

Our top three CBs out

Our best midfielder out.

Our best holding midfielder playing CB.

The most productive full backs in the league having to play a much different role.

Ah well, I didn't expect anything against Chelsea today so not all that surprised that we didn't get anything.

Should've had a pen, but didn't do enough to deserve anything from the game.

Substitutions were weird. If you have to manage Salah's workload, fine, but we know Chelsea are a good side so why did he do the full 90 against Sheff Utd when we were 2-0 up and they haven't scored a single goal all season? Why bring Chamberlain and then Milner on and leave the best midfielder in the squad sat on the bench all night?

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Liverpool play a style that’s very dependent on belief - like you try that low-percentage pass or cross it might work, or that if you throw yourself into a high-risk pressure, you can cause a turnover.

And I think when that confidence drains, those low-percentage balls become hopeless balls. And those efforts at pressing just become a set of motions you go through rather than a sincere threat.

I think we threw in the towel on this season at some point. I don't know if it was when Virgil went down, when Gomez went down, or when it became apparent that help was not on its way at the beginning of January, but the mood just looks so flat. We got denied a stonewall pen today, and no one batted an eyelid. We got denied a stonewall pen against Everton, and then they got one for kicking Trent in the back of the head. No one batted an eyelid. I think the "no fans" excuse is generally a bit pathetic but no home crowd would let players get away with meekly accepting that

One of the great hallmarks of the Liverpool team from about 2017 onwards is how much fun they were all having. Is any one of those lads having fun at this point?

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Does Klopp get a pass this season irrespective of Champions League qualification or not?

He does for me. As bad as it is for them, he deserves the chance to put it right next year.

Of course he does

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Does Klopp get a pass this season irrespective of Champions League qualification or not?

He does for me. As bad as it is for them, he deserves the chance to put it right next year.

Yeah obviously he stays regardless of where we finish. That being said, I’ve been disappointed with his handling of certain things this season. He has done a poor job handling a poor situation for me, needs to turn it around big time next season. 

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yeah obviously he stays regardless of where we finish. That being said, I’ve been disappointed with his handling of certain things this season. He has done a poor job handling a poor situation for me, needs to turn it around big time next season. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived