talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea - Thursday 4th March, 2021

football forum

losing the MF to cover for the centre backs is the biggest problem for liverpool this season. the front foot pressing from the liverpool MF was the best in the world and was the strongest part of our game. yes losing every defender at the club was bad but losing the MF was worst imo. 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cazza said:

Can't play a High pressing game without decent cover at the back and players who can win the ball in the air.

true but we would still be beating the lower teams with that and maybe the better teams would catch us out but we would still be better off. 

1 minute ago, Cazza said:

Like the Dockers Premiership chances.

I'd say the Dockers have more chance of picking up the league than that place has of picking up new members. 

Down to about 6 and 4 of those got to bed at 7pm.

Just now, UNIQUE said:

well i would say some monkey business is going on to get some threads locked. :D

Silly Monkey..... 

Even he's jumping ship if you ask me, I expect a few to migrate over here very soon. 

7 hours ago, Lucas said:

Maybe in terms of how he worded it but I kinda agree with what @Storts is essentially saying. It was good luck to avoid anything too bad, it's just this year, you've had it all swing the other way.

I'll tell you why I agree as well. My mate is a big Liverpool fan going on about injuries and I said to him, be fair mate, you got lucky to avoid a few last year.

Looking into it as well, this is the appearances from last years first team in the league.

Alisson 29 (He had that injury at the start granted)

Trent 38

Robertson 36

VVD 38

Gomez 28

Henderson 39 (He had that injury after the restart if I remember?)

Fabinho 28

Wijnaldum 37

Mane 35

Firmino 38

Salah 34

That's bloody good going really. And you had the support of the others filling in where possible, won't go into too many there as this isn't about them but just to give you an idea...

Matip 9 (He's just a perennial sicknote)

Lovren 10

Milner 22

Keita 18

Oxlade Chamberlain 30

So i do see what Storts means. You can't say he doesn't have a fair point there.

It's massively unfortunate how it has happened this season because you've not had the back up's to really help either, let alone losing valuable first team members. I really do sympathise but we've all been there.

Not sure where you've got this data, but if you reckon Henderson played 39 league games last season, you should probably look somewhere else :ph34r:

13 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Not sure where you've got this data, but if you reckon Henderson played 39 league games last season, you should probably look somewhere else :ph34r:

Haha. Typo, 29 obviously. I did acknowledge his injury but credit for spotting the mistake xD

Archived