talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World's First Space Hotel to Start Construction for 2027 Opening

football forum

• Subscriber

https://www.space.com/orbital-assembly-voyager-space-station-artificial-gravity-2025

"Orbital Assembly Corporation (OAC) recently unveiled new details about its ambitious Voyager Station, which is projected to be the first commercial space station operating with artificial gravity. Its team of skilled NASA veterans, pilots, engineers and architects intends to assemble a "space hotel" in low Earth orbit that rotates fast enough to generate artificial gravity for vacationers, scientists, astronauts educators and anyone else who wants to experience off-Earth living."

"Voyager Station is patterned after concepts imagined by legendary rocket scientist Wernher von Braun, one of the main orchestrators of NASA's Apollo program. The 650-foot-wide (200 meters) wheel-shaped habitat will spin with an angular velocity high enough to create moon-like levels of artificial gravity for occupants."

"If realized, Voyager would become the biggest human-made structure in space, fully equipped to accommodate up to 400 people. Assembly is scheduled to begin around 2025, Gateway Foundation representatives said. 
This shining technological ring will feature amenities ranging from themed restaurants, viewing lounges, movie theaters and concert venues to bars, libraries, gyms, and a health spa.
Voyager will house 24 integrated habitation modules, each of which will be 65 feet long and 40 feet wide (20 by 12 meters). At near-lunar gravity, the rotating resort will have functional toilets, showers, and allow jogging and jumping in fun and novel ways." 

Et7NQhnXEAAg8-s?format=jpg&name=small

vonbraun3-1024x576.png

hotel-spatial-espace-orbite-2.jpg

hotel-spatial-espace-orbite-3.jpg

hotel-spatial-espace-orbite-4.jpg

hotel-spatial-espace-orbite-5.jpg

hotel-spatial-espace-orbite-8.jpg

https://gatewayspaceport.com/

:o 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
27 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

A bit like Star Trek's - Deep Space Nine coming into reality :x

718210360_download(1).png.ee654ea2920aa640ed7760d1d33818a1.png

My first thought was Space Station V from 2010: A Space Odyssey :D 

-1588681029631.jpg

Which is not surprising really, as pretty much all fictional concepts of rotating space stations have been inspired by the ideas of early pioneers of rocketry and space science and engineering, some as far back as over a century ago.  

I would love to see this happening... Doubt I'd be able to ever afford an overnight stay there myself haha, but it's fascinating.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, nudge said:

My first thought was Space Station V from 2010: A Space Odyssey :D 

-1588681029631.jpg

Which is not surprising really, as pretty much all fictional concepts of rotating space stations have been inspired by the ideas of early pioneers of rocketry and space science and engineering, some as far back as over a century ago.  

I would love to see this happening... Doubt I'd be able to ever afford an overnight stay there myself haha, but it's fascinating.

Seeing any photos of future space stations and travelling in space sends a tingle down my spine. :x

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

You make it sound like a motel stop off.... xD

Ding! Ding! Ding!! 

" Yea, hello there, do you have a room for the night, nothing fancy just the basics.. Don't worry about an alarm call and I won't be staying for breakfast.. I am in sales and was just in the local galaxy, just passing through, not stopping or anything but could I interest you in 18 volumes of the Intergalactic Bible per chance??? "

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

You make it sound like a motel stop off.... xD

Ding! Ding! Ding!! 

" Yea, hello there, do you have a room for the night, nothing fancy just the basics.. Don't worry about an alarm call and I won't be staying for breakfast.. I am in sales and was just in the local galaxy, just passing through, not stopping or anything but could I interest you in 18 volumes of the Intergalactic Bible per chance??? "

This is EXACTLY how I imagined it! xD 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I wonder if half or even  more of the folks who could actually afford that trip would even pass the fitness tests required to make it out there. 

Takeoff and reentry could be a somewhat of problem for people with blood pressure and coronary issues, but even then it's supposed to be only about 3g at most - that's lower than a proper rollercoaster. The space station itself will have artificial gravity, so no problems there. 

I guess will see quite a few billionaires being gifted a ride on the rocket to the space hotel by their overly eager offsprings who can't wait to get their hands on the inheritance... xD 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So how's it going to be built? I imagine they build parts of it here on earth, but it'll need to be assembled in space?

More than likely I would imagine, you see the astronauts on the space station on spacewalks repairing or adding new parts to the station so I gather it would be something like that, @nudge maybe could answer that one better. :ay:

• Subscriber

The idea is to build and assemble it in stages, using the Structure Truss Assembly Robot. They are apparently testing a smaller ground-Earth prototype prior to that. 

Archived